Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Whatever

#362 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

The makers of this Video did the offical launch trailer for this awesome company.

Yes, our official launch trailer is made by an amateur.

#363 hYlAnDeR

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Sweetness! See you folks on the battlefield.

#364 Klaxon

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationThe Inner Sphere

whats the deal with the 20v20 battle in the trailer?

#365 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

View PostRiptor, on 17 September 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Neverwinternights was feature complete at launch thought... their beta was feature complete thought. The beta was just for polishing the game thought.

MWO is NOT feature complete at launch... it was NOT feature complete when it went into "beta"

You are comparing a complete game with mwo here. They didnt had big features for launch because all features where allready in while MWO is still missing THE VERY BASICS of an online game after 1 year of open "beta"

Just imagine how NWN must have looked like when it was originally scheduled to be launched. I believe it was delayed 1-2 years at least.

But thankfully, Cryptic was bought by PWE (yeah, some might hate PWE, but at least they have money to fund a game development, unlike Atari) so they got - or were forced - to spend more time.

Here we probably just see what happens when the publisher demands a release regardless of the game's state. (THough who knows if IGP is happy with the situation, they might also just have no other choice due to financial constraints.)

#366 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

EPIC VIDEO!!! F*** YAAAAA LAUNCH!

#367 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

View PostxXxBANExXx, on 17 September 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

UMMMM... did you rip off Celesial's "Lightning War" or is it just me?

Lol i noticed that also.

#368 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 17 September 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

That's something, at least. Made me feel a little better about this launch.

Unfortunately the timing leaves me convinced this is to stave off the impact of the "Unite and Drop" group's blackout of today's 'launch'. I once would have liked to think otherwise, but not with the track record so far. To that I'll add, I saw nothing in the notes about fixing the **** poor XP allocation for light mechs(Raven, Jenner).

I submitted another ticket for it recently after being frustrated with the XPx2 not being applied, and got this:

The problem you have encountered is a known issue and we hope to have it fixed soon.
This ticket is now considered to be closed, however this does not mean that we consider the issue resolved as bugs are tracked in a separate database.

Ticket closed, launch day comes, with admittedly broken mechs.

Classy to the end.

#369 Argann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts

View PostIqfishLP, on 17 September 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

The makers of this Video did the offical launch trailer for this awesome company.

Where's the Dubstep, I thought their targeted audience was COD kiddies?

#370 Riptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

"Perhaps that could be said for all of MWO"

A.. symphony of the night... how i miss your cheesy opening...

#371 BongRips4Jesus

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

I've never bothered to comment on these threads because there is so much dev hate, but I'd have to agree... this "launch" was nothing of the sort.

I realize that it takes time to write code, test features and create assets, but if you weren't going to meet your launch date, push it back.

I, like many, where expecting a hell of a lot more for a launch. After today's patch I still really feel like I'm in the beta and some what disappointed because I had planned on getting my gaming group in on MWO.

It's not like you guys don't have enough cash. I've dropped more on this game than any other game I've ever played. I really do enjoy the combat, but its quickly becoming old news due to lack of features.

Until I see some "major" features implemented, I'm done spending my cash.

#372 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

What is the difference between a professional and an amateur, really? Oh, right, you can't answer that... what if, say, he got paid a bunch for doing it, would that make him a professional? And what's the negative about having amateurs doing stuff?

Oh, right. You can't actually make a coherent argument.

#373 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

I have brought 12 reasons why the launch was underwhelming. Unfortunately 2 of them disconnected and another one is AFK.

S

#374 pjfontillas

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 30 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

+1 Atlas eyes. Maybe let us put a SL/SPL/ML/MPL in our right eye? You know you wanna. Hell... make it a hero 'Mech. I'm just itchin' to throw money at you guys.

#375 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

I said it in another thread... here is more appropriate. PGI, this is one of the worst launches ever. I have been supportive and even defended you to many nay sayers. But to "launch" a game with... NOTHING new? oh wait you took off the "beta" tag. Seriously good luck. This game is still completely in beta with zero real metagame features implemented even though you promised them time and time again. "role warfare"- non existent. "community warfare"- non existent. "new game modes"- non existent. "UI 2.0" non existent. Your game is currently just basically a FPS with very limited game modes. How hard would it have been to AT LEAST add some different game modes? How dare you people call this a "launch"? As many have said... If I were you guys... I would be ashamed. I think I am out now. there is no point in playing other than dropping and "duking it out". While that was fun for a while... it now just is not. It is stale. It is boring. Perhaps I will check back in a YEAR. You know when you actually implement more than buy my shiney mechs. I am saying a year because it seems that's how long it takes you to do anything. TERRIBLE "LAUNCH" PGI!

#376 Hayashi

Snowflake

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Erm... so why does the logo on the top left hand corner still have the word 'Beta' in it?

#377 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostKanigit, on 17 September 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

Well congrats on reaching launch, whatever it means to you guys; it sure doesn't mean what I had hoped, but oh well. I tried to quit already, but I just can't quit you MWO! Faults aside, I still love stompy robot action. It sure would be keen if you folks could deliver on UI 2.0 and CW this year, and be of such quality that they were worth the wait. Looking forward to the results. Cheers!

http://en.wikipedia....person_syndrome

#378 KhanHeir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

http://www.metacriti...ne/user-reviews

you know what to do.

#379 Kyle Reece

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Anyone found the mythical credits yet?

#380 tigerija

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hey, can we host 20v20 matches or something higher than 12v12? That would be hell of a fun!

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users