Welcome To Launch, Mechwarriors!

2555 replies to this topic

#81 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

I was holding out hope that they would surprise us with something redeeming.

This is depressing. They couldnt throw out some bonuses or MC discounts or c-bill packages, anything? ****.

#82 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

What's the award for not dropping at all during the "launch" event?

#83 Kendricke

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

View PostWales Grey, on 17 September 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

It's insidious. Exploiting the tendency of consumers to rush like lemmings towards any "LIMITED TIME ONLY" doodad without thinking about why the doodad is there in the first place.

Yeah, it's downright malicious, right? Play 24 games for free without even winning and you get a free gift. They're absolutely evil. Sorry, I didn't see it before.

Edited by Kendricke, 17 September 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#84 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostLantan57ua, on 17 September 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Megafail on the events link: on the picture AC2(or 5) fires giant missle, that even bigger then barrel!

If memory serves, that image was used as promotional back when the Firebrand came out. The projectile seen there is used in all AC weapon systems regardless of weapon model size. It's actually in-game, but moves too fast to see. Again, if memory serves.

#85 DocGiggles

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

PGI reminds me of a loser relative with big plans who keeps ******* up and desperately trying to rationalize their failures to deliver

Actually I guess if you just remove relative that's pretty much all PGI

Edited by DocGiggles, 17 September 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#86 Nightcrept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

This is not the way I had envisioned launch day going.
I hope there is actually more to it then they are letting on thus far. If not this is by far the most disappointing launch day for any game I have ever played and I am old.

Edited by Nightcrept, 17 September 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#87 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

View PostDr B00t, on 17 September 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

i assume to those going to the launch funeral, that wearing black is expected?

My clan colors are black, grey, and white.

#88 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

View PostSilent Hunter, on 17 September 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

I like how everyone that is negative about the launch hasn't actually downloaded the latest patch yet. So all of you, what's the winning lottery numbers for this week? You seem to be able to know EVERYTHING before anyone else! :rolleyes:

umm reading the patch notes kinda tells you whats in the patch..

#89 Alex Gorsky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,283 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

One year to remove word "Beta", awesome job!!!

#90 Jalik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

hooray! :rolleyes:

#91 Lennex

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Maybe it's because I've had a newborn 7 weeks ago, but when he was first born I would still log in when he was napping between feeds to get a game or two in. Sure, gone are the days of multi-hour marathons of PUGing in MWO (never did groups). but recently during "gaming" time I have been going to other games. I've always booted up MWO first, but now... Forza? Battlefield? Xcom? SimCity?

The recent meta's are boring, the recent maps are getting boring. The biggest thing that got me excited was the Victor, before that was the Alpine map. Now... I just want community warfare and the new uI. I could give two poops about Clans, I've always enjoyed pre clan the most, or the era right before the Jihad with all the cool new mechs like Uziel and Tempest.

The recent "gauss rifle fix" is neat, but needs more tweaking. They are still trying to figure out how to make the PPC/ER PPC not the weapon of choice for everyone that can mount it... Why not give us maps and game play that suits better role warefare? Even a simple Capture the Flag mode where players can multi-drop and/or repair their mechs would introduce new strategies and mechanics that would make the game more interesting.

This is not "Launch" and to say the game is now "launched" is an insult to the community, and should be embarrassing as developers. I've been a strong, silent supporter, and just shrugged at the many who said they would no longer support the game. Like others I have disposable income that I can spend here or elsewhere, often spending $60 a month just so I don't have to grind. But now, I think I'll wait for my Pheonix packs to come in. Unless something stellar comes my way in the form of new features I think I'll just sit and wait. Drop in a few games here and there, but I think my wallet will be opened elsewhere.

#92 Urban UK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Not been around for a while, got bored of there not being anything new that was worthwhile

I was really hoping they would pull one out of the bag, but should of known there would be sweet fa

Storming ahead in the op actually made me almost spit my coffee out lol

Nevermind. Guess I'll be back in another six months, cba to play 24 games for a free dangly cockpit item rofl cheers!

Pretty gutted I can't see these guys bringing us the mech game we have always dreamed about anytime soon, I don't see this game lasting long enough for it to happen tbh
Maybe in another ten years

Edited by Urban UK, 17 September 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#93 Ghostsuit

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 63 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland

View PostPharmEcis, on 17 September 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

This is a great place for me to expound on my sentiments. I'm totally NOT blown away by this launch. I'm a legendary founder. I've dropped $800 into this game with various MC purchases, buying founders, buying phoneix, buying saber. I play as much time as I can afford to because I LOVE this IP.

However I'm truly disappointed with this launch and I'm disappointed at PGI's ability to listen to it's core audience. I am the type of player that will make this game successful in the long run because I have disposable income and money is worth less to me than time. No private match maker, no CW, not even anything to truly tickle our fancy at the legitimate launch. Sigh, at this point I really believe launch happened 1 year ago when PGI started taking cold hard cash from us.

It is my sincerest wish that PGI can make good but I'll be honest, I've gone from a staunch supporter to a huge doubter of late. It's on you PGI, make OUR dreams come true.
I'm in the same camp I love the game spent a load but honestly this has been lackluster launch and I'm utterly tired of...next month/next year.

#94 Kitane

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

24 mechs for Operation 24

21 mechs ingame...

Is there something we don't know?

edit: Flea? Warhammer? Marauder? Launch party? Yeah...right...

Edited by Kitane, 17 September 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#95 Raghnall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

*slow claps*

What a exciting launch guys. This is going to be interesting.

Edited by Raghnall, 17 September 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#96 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostTabrias07, on 17 September 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

What's the award for not dropping at all during the "launch" event?

extra room on your harddrive

#97 Andodx

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostKitane, on 17 September 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

24 mechs for Operation 24

21 mechs ingame...

Is there something we don't know?

edit: Flea? Warhammer? Marauder? Launch party? Yeah...right...

24 mechs in a 12 v 12 match :rolleyes:

#98 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

"Now this is not the launch. It is not even the beginning of the launch. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beta."

Thanks a lot for this underwhelming "launch".

Edited by Carl Wrede, 17 September 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#99 Blazing Angel

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts

View PostLennex, on 17 September 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Maybe it's because I've had a newborn 7 weeks ago, but when he was first born I would still log in when he was napping between feeds to get a game or two in. Sure, gone are the days of multi-hour marathons of PUGing in MWO (never did groups). but recently during "gaming" time I have been going to other games. I've always booted up MWO first, but now... Forza? Battlefield? Xcom? SimCity?

The recent meta's are boring, the recent maps are getting boring. The biggest thing that got me excited was the Victor, before that was the Alpine map. Now... I just want community warfare and the new uI. I could give two poops about Clans, I've always enjoyed pre clan the most, or the era right before the Jihad with all the cool new mechs like Uziel and Tempest.

The recent "gauss rifle fix" is neat, but needs more tweaking. They are still trying to figure out how to make the PPC/ER PPC not the weapon of choice for everyone that can mount it... Why not give us maps and game play that suits better role warefare? Even a simple Capture the Flag mode where players can multi-drop and/or repair their mechs would introduce new strategies and mechanics that would make the game more interesting.

This is not "Launch" and to say the game is now "launched" is an insult to the community, and should be embarrassing as developers. I've been a strong, silent supporter, and just shrugged at the many who said they would no longer support the game. Like others I have disposable income that I can spend here or elsewhere, often spending $60 a month just so I don't have to grind. But now, I think I'll wait for my Pheonix packs to come in. Unless something stellar comes my way in the form of new features I think I'll just sit and wait. Drop in a few games here and there, but I think my wallet will be opened elsewhere.

You sir deserve an award for not complaining and for being mature. Hope your newborn stays well sir.

#100 SubGenius23

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts

also- we want Launch Event MC Sale!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users