Something I'd Really Like To See.

4 replies to this topic

#1 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

All the cockpit monitors online and remove the HUD.

I think that would be an awesome "sim" feel and add another layer of skill having to check different aspects of your mech by actually looking around.

A fool's dream I guess :(

#2 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

There's always the pull between those who just want a "sim" feel to the potential detriment of everything else, and those who don't care at all for "sim" and just want the game mechanics to work.

Personally I wouldn't like the fact that you'd have to lower your FOV to be able to even see all the screens at once.

#3 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

I still think that one needs to be a rear view camera, one needs to also be tied to the UAV (fish eye view of the battlefield from above), one needs to have the HTAL, one needs a spinning wireframe of the mechs you target, one needs to have family guy playing, another one needs to show your altitude, the gravity, outside temperature, cockpit temperature, and your local time. one needs to be a slide show of your My Pictures folder, one needs to be a pinging radar type of thing, there needs to be one for stability report on your gyro and engine (it going wacko when you get knocked down). and so many more.

50mc each please, i'll buy all of them.

#4 Deathsani

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

I completely agree, I love the idea of free look serving more of a purpose.

#5 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

Couldnt agree with the topic more. The arguments for 3pv and so on, is that players dont like simulations are a crock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users