Atlas 7W Hero Mech (Idea)

61 replies to this topic

#1 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

After the success of my Warload Atlas creation for Mektek I decided to see about creating one for MWO. Nothing other than the weapons hard points have been worked out. But, I have not assigned criticals to them. Their are 3 energy and 2 ballistic weapon areas, the mech will not have missile capability. Other than that it is fully open to suggestions as to what it should have.

Ideas & thoughts are welcome.

Posted Image

#2 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Looks great! Exactly what I have been wanting in an atlas! Tired of my RT getting destroyed.

325 standard
DHS
ES
Case
Twin Ultra5s
X3 Large Lasers
AMS

Something like that ;)

#3 FromHell2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Would be very nice, but do you already hear the crying about dual-gauss/ac20? Would ruin the game again, thanks to our whineing community. Anyways, would realy enjoy this mech *.*

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Dual Gauss, Dual PPC. No Endo (too bulky) Standard 300ish Engine, DHS. Dual AMS (Heck, Triple AMS just to be obnoxious) 2 Medium Pulse in the CT.
Give it double Ballistic Side torso hardpoints, 2 hardpoints per arm, 2 in the CT. Total of 4 Ballistc, 6 energy points. Let the Dakka-Pew begin!

#5 Bowagrius Grendal

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 8 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Wastes of Wisconsin

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Would really love to have a 3 ballistic hardpoint assault to run a triple uac/5 build on.. I could deal with it being on an Atlas.

#6 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostFromHell2k, on 27 December 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

Would be very nice, but do you already hear the crying about dual-gauss/ac20? Would ruin the game again, thanks to our whineing community. Anyways, would realy enjoy this mech *.*

I don't think people would whine about it because AC20 is heavy and hot. I've tried balancing out on a mock-up Atlas and it's gonna be bad as K2 Cat, being slow for one thing. Can't put XL Engine on it. Can't really use DHS because you'd run out of crits-slots.

Of course, this would make it so easy for Lights to kill this Atlas.

Good chance it'll run out of ammo before being cored.

Edited by Nacon, 27 December 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#7 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

2x UAC5, 2 in LT 2 in RT. Med lasers in each arm, ER Large laser in CT, everything else heatsinks and armor and engine.

Edited by Monky, 28 December 2012 - 12:46 AM.

#8 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

Mini Devastator, Dual AC/10's Dual Large Lasers, only thing is i would put two mediums in the CT

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Gotta say, do't get the love for UAC5s. Still jam way too much. Spread damage instead of focused. DakkaPhracts get high damage scores and panic people, but GaussaPults and GausaPhracts are the ones that get the kills. Long range, low heat, focused damage.

Lights being a problem? That is why you use large lasers. Even with the net code they make the perfect leg sweepers, and if you can get the straight alpha shot, great for coring. Plus they are ECM proof.

#10 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Ok, I've updated the artwork to reflect the weapon hard points and lighten up the cammo so that someone can do a re-paint since it will need some kind of a custom paint/cammo job so feel free to do one and post it here.

Posted Image

Started the work up for the load out:

Head:
6 Crits total, 5 for life support/sensors/cockpit. Leaving 1 open crit

CT: 12 Crits total, 4 for Gyro. Leaving 8 open crits. 2 Energy

LT/RT's:
12 Crits total, 2 Ballistic

LA/RA's: 12 Crits total, 4 for Actuators and shoulder. Leaving 8 open crits. 2 Energy, 1 AMS

LL/RL's: 6 Crits total, 4 for Actuators and Hip. Leaving 2 open crits.

Engine: STD 300

Weapons: x2 AC-10 (LT & RT), x2 Large Laser (LA & RA), x2 Med Pulse Laser (CT)

So it breaks down into this: 4 total Ballistic slots, 6 total Energy slots, and 2 total AMS slots

Edited by CutterWolf, 29 December 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#11 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

2Xac20 3xLPL DHS AMS and max armour, hellz ya, id rip the planet we dropped on a new one with that load out not just the opposing team.

#12 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostCutterWolf, on 27 December 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

After the success of my Warload Atlas creation for Mektek I decided to see about creating one for MWO. Nothing other than the weapons hard points have been worked out. But, I have not assigned criticals to them. Their are 3 energy and 2 ballistic weapon areas, the mech will not have missile capability. Other than that it is fully open to suggestions as to what it should have.

Ideas & thoughts are welcome.

Posted Image

I find myself salivating over this. It would be very neat, curious what you "could" do with it. I would craft.....

STD 300; 16x DHS, 480 armor, 2x AC20, 4x AC20 ammo, 2x LL's, 1x MPL = 64 firepower for me :D

Edited by Pando, 28 December 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#13 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 December 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Gotta say, do't get the love for UAC5s. Still jam way too much. Spread damage instead of focused. DakkaPhracts get high damage scores and panic people, but GaussaPults and GausaPhracts are the ones that get the kills. Long range, low heat, focused damage.

Lights being a problem? That is why you use large lasers. Even with the net code they make the perfect leg sweepers, and if you can get the straight alpha shot, great for coring. Plus they are ECM proof.

My suggestion is mainly what I'd like to see the stock loadout as. UAC5 have a few good advantages over Gauss - higher maximum DPS, more weight/crits available for ammo, faster projectile speed. Plus, more room/weight for heatsinks for other weapon systems. If you're going to build a boat - go Gauss or AC20, for multirole, UAC5 (using boat as the 'this mech has a main weapon system' definition). Also, the easiest way to prevent a jam is to set each UAC5 to a chain fire group on its own, click once, and learn the timing. This prevents it from firing too quickly unless you hold it down for an entire cooldown and then some.

Personally, I would prefer a single energy in the CT so I can feel that running an ER large laser (great for sighting those ballistics as it's aligned to the same crosshair) isn't silly. I hate wasting hardpoints.

#14 Martini Henrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationNottingham UK

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Cutter, your second concept atlas is a thing of beauty. I would buy one in a second!

#15 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

+1! I've been dreaming of a hero Atlas, just like this. Perfect!

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostMonky, on 28 December 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

My suggestion is mainly what I'd like to see the stock loadout as. UAC5 have a few good advantages over Gauss - higher maximum DPS, more weight/crits available for ammo, faster projectile speed. Plus, more room/weight for heatsinks for other weapon systems. If you're going to build a boat - go Gauss or AC20, for multirole, UAC5 (using boat as the 'this mech has a main weapon system' definition). Also, the easiest way to prevent a jam is to set each UAC5 to a chain fire group on its own, click once, and learn the timing. This prevents it from firing too quickly unless you hold it down for an entire cooldown and then some.

Personally, I would prefer a single energy in the CT so I can feel that running an ER large laser (great for sighting those ballistics as it's aligned to the same crosshair) isn't silly. I hate wasting hardpoints.

Fine points.

I tend to feel any slot that can hold a PPC or Large Laser, should be able to hold 2 medium lasers too, hence my thoughts on 2 Hpoints in the CT.

As for UAC5, yes, they lay out higher DPS, but I feel, and have never had it disproven, that DPS is a very misleading figure (kinda like heat efficiency). You might spam out double the damage, but if it's spread all over the mech, it is hardly as effective. It's why I tend to get 3-4 kills in a good match with my Atlas (Gauss, 2 Large Lasers, 2 Medium Pulse, 2 Steak), yet do half the damage the other guys do. Coring through a CT or Head takes a lot less damage generated than paper cutting an opposing mech to death (I do this too sometimes, with my cataphract, just because non stop Dakka is fun)

#17 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

Quad uac5 and 6 medium lasers, that's not an advantage over the other variants at all.

image looks nice though.

Edited by Flapdrol, 29 December 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#18 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

View PostFlapdrol, on 29 December 2012 - 05:34 AM, said:

Quad uac5 and 6 medium lasers, that's not an advantage over the other variants at all.

image looks nice though.

Honestly, they might have to consider upping the armor and internal structure on mechs to allow for more hardpoints without the game becoming an insta-kill fest, it's going to be hard to differentiate from here on out. I'm liking what they did with stalker having much lower torso rotation to help balance its immense payload.

Edited by Monky, 29 December 2012 - 09:16 AM.

#19 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Will be starting on its custom paint/camo job this weekend so I hope to have something posted up soon

#20 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Ok, here is the first draft. Please feel free to do up your own re-paints and post them up here.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users