#81 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostVincent V Kerensky, on 28 December 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Do you understand that I realised that but wanted to portray a serious clanner response to the question and therefore replied the way I did in jest?

Tone of voice doesn't really transfer well via text. :D

#82 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

I guess so. Nonetheless, I thought you realised that I realised the jesting. :D

Edited by Vincent V Kerensky, 28 December 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#83 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

I think discussion of an Inner Sphere holovision series, "Game of Thrones," on this forum -- or inclusion of a stravag name into the Codex is chalcas.

That aside, the Clan Wolf logo with that Dire Wolf head does have a savashri good look to it. A Galaxy could take the it as their banner, Quiaff?

And to all you freebirth scum in this forum discussing Game of Thrones spoilers, take it elsewhere. You aren't good enough to even make bondsmen of, let alone be in the Clan Wolf forum.
:D

#84 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image
found this on the forums here a long time ago actually, well before they announced clan mechs, when we were hopeful they would be announced this winter

#85 Setun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 172 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

View PostPiipu, on 18 September 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

The next season was already ruined by the Red Wedding. Nothing of interest will happen since everyone is already dead. There is absolutely nothing to spoil.

You know nothing, Piipu. Tons of **** is going to happen

#86 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

View PostHayden, on 18 September 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

And I suppose they'll exclusively pilot Dire Wolves?

I expected them to be piloting battle armor, red and gold battle armor.

#87 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

House Steiner with all thier wealth are basically the lannisters ;) of MW

#88 Toranos

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

I would love the idea, to introduce royal familynames into the clan lineage.

#89 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostToranos, on 13 February 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

I would love the idea, to introduce royal familynames into the clan lineage.

Despite the fact that clans have more disdain for the great houses then ANYONE ELSE. :)

#90 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 13 February 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

Despite the fact that clans have more disdain for the great houses then ANYONE ELSE. :lol:

We could always make an exception for greatly honorable families :lol:

#91 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Neg. The Bloodlines of the Clans have been the same since the Grate Founder and his exodus Fleet left the inner sphere. To propose a new blood name is blasphemy to the Grate father!
(That's the battle tech nerd in me talking. I really don't care but it would have to be 'un official')

#92 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

NO NEW BLOOD NAME, you may trial of a name of proper lineage but nothing else. A trial of blood rite is the only way Any clanner can recognize a blood name and if not earned the proper way it is disgraceful. We represent the clans we must follow law how it is governed NO EXEPTIONS(unless the physical world prevents us)

then again, maybe if a warrior was to excel so great that maybe just maybe.........

#93 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

Actually that is not accurate. A new Bloodname can be created by any Khan as a reward, also there is the Not-Named reward of Bloodright whereby any warrior can create his or her own Bloodname & Bloodhouse.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 16 February 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#94 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

only those with a blood name may become khan,ilkhan or sit on a grand council, i never heard of anything allowing a khan to grant a blood name.

The khan cannot interfere with clan laws and a blood name must be earned in a trial of blood rite. If there is an expection i would like to hear because i am not aware of any

#95 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

View PostKnightshadowsong, on 16 February 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

Neg. The Bloodlines of the Clans have been the same since the Grate Founder and his exodus Fleet left the inner sphere. To propose a new blood name is blasphemy to the Grate father!
(That's the battle tech nerd in me talking. I really don't care but it would have to be 'un official')

Well no.

The Great Founder was Nicholas and it was his father Alexander who left the Innersphere.

The second exodus from the Pentagon worlds were the trigger for forming the 20 clans with 800 warriors (well, 803 if you count his brother and wife)

And there are mechanisms in Clan Law for new Bloodnames to be created.

Kind of hard to imagine because if a Clan warrior succeeded in something so great to get that honour, what would he choose? He already has a bloodname lineage so the name would be the same. Unless he founded a new dynasty, like there are 2 Kerensky's (Nicholas and Andrey)

I guess if it was a freebirth he would elevate his family name?

#96 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 16 February 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

only those with a blood name may become khan,ilkhan or sit on a grand council, i never heard of anything allowing a khan to grant a blood name.

The khan cannot interfere with clan laws and a blood name must be earned in a trial of blood rite. If there is an expection i would like to hear because i am not aware of any

Pg 45 of the Bloodright Mechwarrior Adventure

"Nicholas, saviour of us all ...... His word declared that any whose blood could be traced to the Not Named Clan...... must be killed in combat. The warrior who killed all of the kin of the betrayer ...... earned the right to forge a new Bloodname as that warriors Bloodright. ......... His word was just and true, and the Council made it law....."

#97 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 16 February 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

Pg 45 of the Bloodright Mechwarrior Adventure

"Nicholas, saviour of us all ...... His word declared that any whose blood could be traced to the Not Named Clan...... must be killed in combat. The warrior who killed all of the kin of the betrayer ...... earned the right to forge a new Bloodname as that warriors Bloodright. ......... His word was just and true, and the Council made it law....."

Well ill be, i have no objections then. It says "Right". the warrior must prove himself, A trial then. Speak your name, Speak your claim, let your brothers hear your words and Show us your might. Prove yourself to your kin and it shall be so. in the name of Kerensky his words we will heed.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 16 February 2014 - 10:43 PM.

#98 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Steele, thx for that bit of info, i suggest Pbiggz you talk with your clan and the members of the clans present in MWO to hold this rite, I would love to be present :lol:, not everybody reads the forums.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 16 February 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#99 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 16 February 2014 - 10:40 PM, said:

Well ill be, i have no objections then. It says "Right". the warrior must prove himself, A trial then. Speak your name, Speak your claim, let your brothers hear your words and Show us your might. Prove yourself to your kin and it shall be so. in the name of Kerensky his words we will heed.

I think what it tells us is that in Canon, there is currently ONE way a new bloodname can be forged, by killing the blood of the Not Named Clan.

Importantly though for this discussion what is clear is that the Clan Council can pass a motion permitting a new Bloodname. So there is a mechanism for further names in the future.

Personally getting the Khans to agree on what deed might be significant enough for the honour I see as a massive hurdle. But if the question is can it happen, yes it can in canon.

#100 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

View PostCraig Steele, on 16 February 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

I think what it tells us is that in Canon, there is currently ONE way a new bloodname can be forged, by killing the blood of the Not Named Clan.

Importantly though for this discussion what is clear is that the Clan Council can pass a motion permitting a new Bloodname. So there is a mechanism for further names in the future.

Personally getting the Khans to agree on what deed might be significant enough for the honour I see as a massive hurdle. But if the question is can it happen, yes it can in canon.

I agree but there has to be something a warrior can do that equals the greatness of a duel with the member of a not named clan. I never said the trial has to be easy, as a matter of fact it should be so tough that success is low. "...... earned the right", gotta look at that line, what would constitute a warrior to earn such a privilege, besides killing traitors(well there not traitors but ill call them that anyways, cant think of a better word)

IS there a clan council at the moment? i think this question was asked not to long ago, if not it should be up to the Ilkhan to determine the difficulty and if not then the clan khans.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 16 February 2014 - 11:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users