27 replies to this topic

#21 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Can you/have you tried to reduce the DIP/size of the file/lower image quality? Cropping only the needed sections, instead of the whole match?

As for the bugs, I agree. I've seen a lot of bugs with this game, but they are a small group taking on a large project. I expect with any games/programing that bugs will crop up and things will not go as planed. As long as I can play though, I will. I have no intentions of leaving either, and I can't wait to see where this game will go.

Seems like we have very similar tastes in games. I consider myself far more of a strategist than I am a warrior. But, I can hold my own in a mech to mech fight.

#22 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostTesunie, on 19 September 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Can you/have you tried to reduce the DIP/size of the file/lower image quality? Cropping only the needed sections, instead of the whole match?
Seems like we have very similar tastes in games. I consider myself far more of a strategist than I am a warrior. But, I can hold my own in a mech to mech fight.

Haven't really worked on trimming the videos yet - as I said, I have no familiarity with trying anything like that - any recommendations on how/where ? (know my when and why though as well as the who)

I recorded at almost the lowest settings (only thing I had turned up was textures) so I am unsure of what I could do to reduce the file size.....

As for the strategist/warrior thing... I am a terrible strategist, but as I more or less work 'on call' the games that I do not need to worry about pausing are a massive plus... that and the gameplay and stories appeal to me more (disgaea has an awesome ratio of ridiculous to intelligent writting IMO)

Edit: Sorry for somewhat sidetracking the thread though

Edited by Shar Wolf, 19 September 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#23 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Must apologize, as I know how to edit and work with still photos (I have a degree in graphic design), but absolutely no experience with video editing or altering. If it had anything to do with a photo or still image, I could do anything you wanted me to do with it. With video, that's a different beast.

Maybe do some google searches? Though you may not have the software to properly do what you wished to do with the video.

Sorry, I can't seem to be any more help than that for a video issue.

I play a lot of tactical and strategic games. FF Tactics (and Advanced), Chess, etc. I can see many options in a fight, but I don't necessarily have the skills to properly preform said action. When I have a team that listens to me (usually PUG here), it can be a deadly thing. Had a lance listen to me when I was behind some enemies near the center of Tarra Therma, they where on the other side. Once they got what I wanted them to do (took a few times of me saying to push them as I attacked their rear), we quickly and easily crushed the enemy in that sector. (Just an example.) Though, I do love RPGs with a great story...

#24 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Kinda makes you wish for an off-topic chunk of the forums eh?
(Was in a forum where they had one once and we spent more time discussing how we could possibly be off-topic in that part of the forum than talking in the on-topic parts of the forum :))

The cicada I can reduce to a small image - and will email them that next time I hook my computer to the interweb (using the office computer right now >.> shhh don't tell anyone)

The Epsilon issue... well I can tell them about it, doubt there is much the video could tell them beyond what I can describe though.... at best it would back up my claim so no worries about that :blink:

On the thought of RPGs with good stories I am about ready to sit down and finish the Xenosaga games (picked them out of a budget bin years ago because the art looked so bad... was shocked by the quality of the story though... and the art improved for the 2nd and 3rd so bonus there)

... Had the first almost finished when my save got corrupted, haven't managed to go back and finish it yet though. :ph34r:
Might be something to do whilst waiting for my chance to play this game again B)

(Boy - ya leave the updates part of the forum and it is like a weight of the shoulders... I feel almost giddy from the non-negativity outside that.... place... literally almost giddy :wacko:)

Edit: I can use the basic windows-paint to edit images: not the best, but functionally enough to do that with -
IE - cropping to the paper doll if that is what it takes to make the image functional - shouldn't need to go that far though.

I have a freeware video-player (forget which one...has a traffic cone for it's launch image thingy) that I can use to take a screenshot of the cicada with.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 19 September 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#25 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

I made a thread in patch feedback about this issue. I suggest anyone having problems to do the same and email support with details.

It used to happen occasionally, but it really seems to be much worse this patch for some reason.

I have some footage on my twitch channel I'm going to edit and upload to YouTube over the weekend with heaps of examples.

#26 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Off topic would be cool. Then we can blab as much as we wished about games we enjoyed. Of course, as long as we can stay on topic too, we still can. :)

A still image of the Cicada should suffice I would think. As for the capping problem, they actually know and are working on that as far as I know. (And I wont say anything, I promise!)

I also own 1 and 2 of Xenosaga, beat 1, but haven't touched 2 (as I got them years apart). The story was really well done and in depth, which was very good. I really liked the game, but I hated when you killed anything organic. I'm not a blood and gore person. :blink:

I find I crash into negativity everywhere, but I try to be polite and informative when possible. (Sometimes, I have to play a little rough of the forums to make a point, or when someone isn't listening. Most times, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.)

View PostArcturious, on 19 September 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

I made a thread in patch feedback about this issue. I suggest anyone having problems to do the same and email support with details.

It used to happen occasionally, but it really seems to be much worse this patch for some reason.

I have some footage on my twitch channel I'm going to edit and upload to YouTube over the weekend with heaps of examples.

Please do. I don't have any recording options with my system, as I'm sure it would hinder MWO's playing experience if I tried, and I'd just fill up my hard drive too quick. (Very old computer.) About the most I can do is post that I've experienced the problems myself, but not say when it happened or provide any evidence.

It really does happen so infrequently... Hard to catch it.

#27 Aluminumfoiled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationErehwon

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Recently had an arm on one of my Trebs fly off in front of me on frozen city. No visual or audio cue, no shake ect.. I wondered at the time if it was an HSR issue of someone shooting through buildings 300+ out. No one was even close to me. Looked around for the culprit and saw zilch. Was headed for a cap point late in the game solo. Couple days ago.

View PostShar Wolf, on 19 September 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

Haven't really worked on trimming the videos yet - as I said, I have no familiarity with trying anything like that - any recommendations on how/where ? (know my when and why though as well as the who)

I recorded at almost the lowest settings (only thing I had turned up was textures) so I am unsure of what I could do to reduce the file size.....

As for the strategist/warrior thing... I am a terrible strategist, but as I more or less work 'on call' the games that I do not need to worry about pausing are a massive plus... that and the gameplay and stories appeal to me more (disgaea has an awesome ratio of ridiculous to intelligent writting IMO)

Edit: Sorry for somewhat sidetracking the thread though

A free and pretty simple way to edit is with windows movie maker. You can cut file size down quite a bit. Not real powerful and very free. MS makes you download their social stuff with it and easy to disable/ignore. At least as of 4 months ago. Really nice free vid software. You can do quite a bit but lacks fine accuracy.

edit: Easy to use too. I tried a couple trial vid editor programs and talk about getting complex quick. I could have bought them and figured them out but I wouldn't use it enough to be worth it.

Edited by MicroVent, 19 September 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#28 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostArcturious, on 19 September 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

I half suspect some of this is being caused by New Players. Ones with less than wonderful computers or playing from an unheated cave in Europe (JOKE).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users