Chaos Theory Sale Sept 20Th To Sept 24Th!

92 replies to this topic

#41 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

I may or may not purchase items and spend my money on launch day, or after launch, or after launch party, but it will be some time in the near future. In other words I'll spend money on this game "soon". Seriously, it seems like every time there is an announcement lately it is extremely underwhelming. Maybe work on features? At the very least offer something unique for launch day or weekend. A one-time only item or some such that's only available this weekend. See what I did there? I offered the community something special and only available at the time of launch.

#42 iHover

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBerne NY

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Ive spent a ridiculous amount of money on this game in the past, every hero mech save the two dragons , paint , camo patterns, cockpit stuff and butt load of MC. But the my wallet is closed until PGI get their head out of their 3nd point of contact. Wont spend any more money until they...

• split ques for 3rd person so that I can drop in the game I paid for.

• Get UI 2.0 out with a lobby

• Full CW implementation.
    At this point I dont expect any of the above to happen, I think PGI has given up and is just going to try to limp by adding mechs and maps milking the franchise for every nickel they can with mechs , maps and shine bobbles.

#43 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostiHover, on 20 September 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Ive spent a ridiculous amount of money on this game in the past, every hero mech save the two dragons , paint , camo patterns, cockpit stuff and butt load of MC. But the my wallet is closed until PGI get their head out of their 3nd point of contact. Wont spend any more money until they...

At this point I dont expect any of the above to happen, I think PGI has given up and is just going to try to limp by adding mechs and maps milking the franchise for every nickel they can with mechs , maps and shine bobbles.

Well I for one am glad to say I have spent under $100 USD since early days of closed beta. Bought the Elite Founders pack to support the franchise and bought a few MC to purchase mechbay slots and that's it. I made a vow to myself to await the implementation of CWs before spending any more substantial amounts of moneys. Happy to be able to say I have stuck to my guns in this matter. No sales or shiney baubles will sway me from the path of patience and anticipation. ')

#44 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Premium time does not bring enough benefit anymore to justify real money for it. Even at 40% off. It was on the margin worth it when bought in a fairly big chunk of time before, but with the C-bill decrease, adding a % of current earnings is simply not worth it.

Marketing people, your ploy to encourage use of MC on mechs and other stuff has had the opposite effect on me.

#45 Indak

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostiHover, on 20 September 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

https://soundcloud.c...the-bryan-ekman

https://soundcloud.c...e-bryan-ekman-1

https://soundcloud.c...e-bryan-ekman-2

I believe you will get your answers here.

#46 Madara Uchiha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

I will teach you how to play Splinter Cell Chaos Theory....that aside, was hoping heavy metal or misery would go on sale. Oh well i guess ill wait.

#47 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

I kinda lost hope in this game, so I'm taking the money and spending it on StarCitizen due to the fact they actually set up goals

I'll be in my Hangar Bay if anyone needs me

#48 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

WOW...PGI is proof positive that you can go through life with blinders on. BUT I still have a wee bit of faith.

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 20 September 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#49 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

View Postgavilatius, on 20 September 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

I kinda lost hope in this game, so I'm taking the money and spending it on StarCitizen due to the fact they actually set up goals

I'll be in my Hangar Bay if anyone needs me

I was looking at Star Citizen and how he keeps setting a new goal and more money pools in. Almost 21 million now, with goals set along the way.

Imagine the furor if Roberts misses even one of those goals by even a week.

#50 Windies

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 20 September 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

I was looking at Star Citizen and how he keeps setting a new goal and more money pools in. Almost 21 million now, with goals set along the way.

There's a reason there's no rage over there, while there's plenty of rage here.

THEY DON'T CONTINUOUSLY MISS DEADLINES WEEK AFTER WEEK FOR YEARS AT A TIME

Just wanted to make sure you understand that point cause sometimes I'm not quite sure you fully comprehend.

#51 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostWindies, on 20 September 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

There's a reason there's no rage over there, while there's plenty of rage here.

THEY DON'T CONTINUOUSLY MISS DEADLINES WEEK AFTER WEEK FOR YEARS AT A TIME

Just wanted to make sure you understand that point cause sometimes I'm not quite sure you fully comprehend.

Throw in the fact they continuously communicate with the community and actually put out alot of information on what their doing, how and when. And if something is confusing or running late they actually say why, how it's been affected and a good spin on it.

PGI and SC is like night and day...

#52 The Reaper Beckons

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

Congratulations PGI - at least you're consistent with your behaviour.
Now how about you STOP running this beloved IP into the ground.
Sales? We would all happily pass on these 'sales' - how about you focus on putting substantial content into the game.

And if you can't, just...walk away.

Its pretty obvious that they're smoke and mirrors designed to distract from a wider perspective that the game simply isn't moving forward. I'll watch the 'launch' presentation with a lip curled back in a sneer and if my facial expression doesn't change,I'm taking my money elsewhere.

#53 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

After the Kickstarter campaign had ended, funding continued through the game's website, which reports having raised over $19 million. It reached the $18 million milestone on September 6, 2013.[18] This made Star Citizen the largest crowd-funded project ever.[19] The estimated total dollar amount required to finish the development of the game is around $23 million. The game will continue to collect crowd-funded donations until its expected release date in December 2014.

#54 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 20 September 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

the thing is Roberts can apologize and say "here, have some premium currency as a token of our trust" or they could easily pull a "hey community I need you to do X for us, here are prizes"

where he can let the community make and test small things as manpower is redirected elsewhere.

they've done this already with the player-made ships and they're going to do it again with map concepts if $20million is broken.

I think that RSI is going to do fine thanks to their understanding of the community.

#55 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Let those statements sink in for just a minute. I'm not posting this to bash pgi. I am actually posting this to, hopefully, help them. Roberts is a fairly respected developer and based almost solely on his reputation was able to get this kind of independent funding for his project. Think about that. Based almost solely on his reputation. Reputation. Tens of millions of dollars invested in his project because that community believes in his reputation and integrity. You can claim the "vocal minority" and other such nonsense all you want but look the numbers. I promise you that player base is no more passionate or dedicated to his ip than we are to THIS ip. Do you understand what is being said here and see the difference between the two comparisons? Do you see what a little transparency and FOLLOWING THROUGH WITH YOUR ORIGINAL PITCH TO CUSTOMERS can do? You may consider things like 3pv, coolant flush, missed deadlines, etc. are not major issues but as you can see they are. Even with deadlines that have been missed by years, deceptive feature implementation, and poor pr and customer service this player base has actually been fairly patient and understanding. It is the loss of faith and break in your integrity that have damaged things to the point we are at now. I am hoping that you will please take note of this and realize what a difference a little integrity and transparency can do for your bank account, customer faith in your product, and overall customer satisfaction

#56 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

View Postgavilatius, on 20 September 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

the thing is Roberts can apologize and say "here, have some premium currency as a token of our trust" or they could easily pull a "hey community I need you to do X for us, here are prizes"

where he can let the community make and test small things as manpower is redirected elsewhere.

they've done this already with the player-made ships and they're going to do it again with map concepts if $20million is broken.

I think that RSI is going to do fine thanks to their understanding of the community.

I hate it when people say this community is impatient and not understanding. Patience is waiting 2 years with minor griping here and there while there have been NO advancement of feature implementation, blatant lies, and actual ridicule of players by employees. Most players on here have been patient and forgiving for TWO YEARS while every single feature promise has been delayed. The only thing we have gotten over the course of two years are a few maps, a few new mechs, and tons of sales for you to spend cash on. Before you utter one single word about me being a "hater" or impatient I would highly suggest you check my post history and see just how many times over the years I actively defended the dev team and the delays. Please note gavilatius I'm agreeing with you, just giving some support to your statement, not attacking you or disputing what you said at all

Edited by Sandpit, 20 September 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#57 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostMadara Uchiha, on 20 September 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

I will teach you how to play Splinter Cell Chaos Theory....that aside, was hoping heavy metal or misery would go on sale. Oh well i guess ill wait.

That sale will happen in like 1 month... give or take a few weeks before maybe an Assault tourney.

#58 QuaxDerBruchpilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 20 September 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Yep but.. hell Hunchback's still fire away from their crosshair after 1 year. What can you expect?

Basically, this is the outcome of a crappy company focusing only on how to milk the gaming audience.

View PostRhaythe, on 20 September 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Off-topic, but what's this about HBKs? I fly 2 regularly and I have no issue there.

Your shots will land slightly north (not left or roght, but north) of where you are pointing your crosshair.

#59 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Misery and Dragon slayer sale please! 3 months after heavy metal's release it went on sale so its not too early for misery sale, but possibly is for dragon slayer, but I would like to buy both, but I'm waiting now for a sale.

#60 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostGrandLocomon, on 20 September 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

Misery and Dragon slayer sale please! 3 months after heavy metal's release it went on sale so its not too early for misery sale, but possibly is for dragon slayer, but I would like to buy both, but I'm waiting now for a sale.

I am not, I won't buy anything more than mech bays whenever I need them. No more camoes, no more pt (I still even have to activate my 2 months pt from the founder), no more hero mechs, nothing until I won't see this game getting CW, clans, proper balance and many other things.

talking about mechbays, given that:
-Kintaroes have proven wrong (even with hitbox adjustement they aren't the chours of death for the good old zombie Cent A),

-the Orion is following the same path, hell, I'm having an hard time just to basic a single variant since it's simply wrong in its hitboxes and it's like an atlas with 25 less tons in armor

-I'm freeing up some mechbays since several mechs are no more useful (read: dragons, unused variants because of elo hell), right now I have like 4 or 5 still free

-I have something like 14k MCs left (46 extra mechbays)

-Next month's is the mighty Locust. Oh dear yeah I'm going to master that pick for sure. lol

Hell, if the outstanding mech release path is this, I have to wait November for the SH, hoping it won't share the fate of Kintaroes and Orions. So basically I don't have to spend any MCs in this game up until meh, december? January? And I'm speaking of mechbays so PGI isn't seeing me uploading any more money until 2014 and a clan pack comes. If it ever will.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users