Chaos Theory Sale Sept 20Th To Sept 24Th!

92 replies to this topic

#81 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

So for those claiming qq from people asking about sales and events for non-paying customers as well, you think its a good thing to not give them anything? Ever? Even small discounts on mechs and such once in a while? So they shouldn't ever include non-paying customers in any kind of cool little thing for player appreciation (never mind the lackluster launch day offers) or just to say hey, we appreciate you being here because you know, even if you haven't spent any money yet you are here, increasing queue sizes, helping increase community size, thus making it easier for paying customers to find games and have more incentive to play and send money themselves? Interesting......

Edited by Sandpit, 21 September 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#82 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostSandpit, on 21 September 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

So for those claiming qq from people asking about sales and events for non-paying customers as well, you think its a good thing to not give them anything? Ever? Even small discounts on mechs and such once in a while? So they shouldn't ever include non-paying customers in any kind of cool little thing for player appreciation (never mind the lackluster launch day offers) or just to say hey, we appreciate you being here because you know, even if you haven't spent any money yet you are here, increasing queue sizes, helping increase community size, thus making it easier for paying customers to find games and have more incentive to play and send money themselves? Interesting......

So you are saying that people who play a game for free, should whine because they are not given anything else for free? Free to play players are automatically entered in the 24 event, which is the easiest "challenge" imaginable, and will get a free cockpit item out of it. The point is that PGI needs to make some money just to keep the servers up so people can play for free. Lackluster or not, you are playing for FREE, what do you expect for FREE? Gah, gonna throw up, this mentality is so sickening.

#83 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 21 September 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

So you are saying that people who play a game for free, should whine because they are not given anything else for free? Free to play players are automatically entered in the 24 event, which is the easiest "challenge" imaginable, and will get a free cockpit item out of it. The point is that PGI needs to make some money just to keep the servers up so people can play for free. Lackluster or not, you are playing for FREE, what do you expect for FREE? Gah, gonna throw up, this mentality is so sickening.

Sure is. I get tired of reading replies about how something is stupid that someone else writes. It's so stupid!

#84 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

no actually I'm asking why someone feels the need to call someone else a qq'er in the first place. Heaven forbid someone use the forums to communicate something they want to the devs..... if only there were some way to or some nifty communication tool that allowed this and even allowed others who might want something similar to comment on the same thing.... oh wait......

#85 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

you don't seem to be all that well versed in marketing schemes to promote and grow a product. big woop they are offering everyone a tchotchke that is nothing more than useless trash for spending a lot of time playing 24 games. i wouldn't even put one ounce of effort towards recieving what ever cockpit item they're offering because they are all garbage...

i suggest you go throw up so you might be able to think more clearly.

#86 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 21 September 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

Don't be an entitled child. PGI is not a charity. You can play MWO and be competative completely for free if you have patience and don't want all the vanity items. PGI actually has one of the better cash shops, since you can not truly buy any advantage (other than vanity items) that you couldn't get after a while by playing for free.

True, if people think the sale sucks, or that cash shop items are too expensive, then don't spend money on it. Whining cause you don't get extra free stuff does not accomplish anything.

They most assuredly are not a charity. Any charity changing its goals, missing its deadlines like that and urinating away donors and money would lose its charter long before now.

What was your point exactly?

#87 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

Like the fractal pattern on my CAT, but as launch sales goes it is severly lacking in the encourage me to buy MC and spend it department. I already had some MC to waste, but if I did not, then I would not have bought some for this "sale." So you all might want to push things that would encourage MC purchasing from old an new alike. An example would be an All Hero and Champion mech sale... half off all patterns for all mechs... these can even be 1 day sales like Steam has...

See fractal pattern below: :)
Posted Image

Qualifier on the purchase additional MC... I don't plan on reloading what I've got or buying the Saber package upgrade, because of no CW. That said, some sales do encourage me to use what I've got on frivilous things like Hero mechs, paints, and patterns... just saying.

Edited by Alik Kerensky, 22 September 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#88 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostSandpit, on 21 September 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Keep in mind a lot of the stuff you are looking for is probably going to be possible in UI 2.0, including the ability to gift mechs to other people.

There will be other things as well down the road; I wouldn't be surprised if they did things like give you a free mech bay if you complete the tutorials, etc, etc. Everything revolves around having an interface that can support that though, so first things first.

#89 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Content drives sales, not the other way around.

You can't take the WoT model, and plug it into a game that has almost none of the features WoT has (even if their Clan Wars is garbage for the most part, at least they freaking HAVE Clan wars).

You're asking for money for nothing, you already got our money for nothing once....sorry, it's not going to happen again.

#90 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostHeffay, on 22 September 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Keep in mind a lot of the stuff you are looking for is probably going to be possible in UI 2.0, including the ability to gift mechs to other people.

There will be other things as well down the road; I wouldn't be surprised if they did things like give you a free mech bay if you complete the tutorials, etc, etc. Everything revolves around having an interface that can support that though, so first things first.

I'm not defending or detracting what may or may not be implemented "soon" I was merely pointing out that attacking someone because they have an idea that you don't like or agree with is exceptionally petty

#91 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Spoiler

A simple example of what could happen when the players feel like they're reciving a value in the event of a sale on bays. (notice 11 bays were purchased this instance)

Edited by Jess Hazen, 22 September 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#92 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Be ashamed of this lame, lousy offering.

Be very ashamed after you lack luster launch. This is the sale? And to top it off... No update, no patch, NOTHING at all Tuesday, 24th .... Geez..

P.G.I. Just can't seem to get anything right anymore.

#lostfaith

I enjoy the core game.

#93 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Yea the 27th is pretty much my last straw. If something big isn't give to us at that point I'm done having any faith in this company. I'll just hang a hammock on my island and spend my money elsewhere

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users