Ppc / Erppc Heat - Yes, Virginia,the Nerf Was Excessive...

84 replies to this topic

#81 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

Yes, too hot for DHS 1.4 heatsinks. PPC heat 10 and ERPPC heat 15 are Battletech values so they need DHS 2.0's to function, all things being equal.

The reason they were made excessively hot was that the mechs are too weak to allow PPCs and energy heavy loadouts to be used or paired with Ballistics.

#82 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:00 AM

I agree with ERPPC being way too hot. Even just two ERPPCs isn't a sustainable configuration on an assault and I don't think the minimum range needed changed for the regular PPC. Five more heat than a regular PPC is a bit out of bounds. No one can really use more than 2 regular PPCs effectively anymore anyway so why not make ERPPCs 12.5 - 13 heat. The minimum range on the regular PPC just needs to be returned to what it was like before.

#83 Lupus Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 509 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostMellifluer, on 15 October 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

ya check out my post on ghost heat,

http://mwomercs.com/...n/page__st__220

ac2's make WAAAAY to much heat and all the other ac's are overshadowed by the ac5, ultra 5, and ac20. realistically none of the other ac weapons compete at all, the lbx 10 is nice but the ac20 craps all over it if your not packing a lbx 20 (2x lbx 10's), which is both heavier and hotter then 1 ac20.

Do not know why you necro'd this thread, since the following thread is more recent and comprehensive: http://mwomercs.com/...ey-are-too-hot/

#84 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

they need more heat or higher recycle time.... Not more "i win"

#85 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostLupus Aurelius, on 16 October 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

Do not know why you necro'd this thread, since the following thread is more recent and comprehensive: http://mwomercs.com/...ey-are-too-hot/

ur thread is really good too but its only about ppcs/erppcs which at this point i have just given up on, less stress more varied and interesting loadouts to consider. my point is about ac/2's being litterally given ERPPC like heat even tho it is the smallest ac, mine was a straight comparision of the autocannons relative to OTHER autocannons, not autocannons vs ppcs. no thread stealing ;)

i do agree with others conclusions when i do try i can barely run 3 ppcs in my battlemaster, and im just packin those DHS in. erppcs simply make to much heat for me to even use idk who does other then coolshot trolls cuz i certainly dont see how any mech would make use of more then 1 erppc and if even an assault mech cannont keep the heat from 2 erppcs down that alone is a problem. a serious one too bc if not an assault then no one can..... so simply put 2 erppcs are absolutly unrealistic for anyone but a dedicated sniper. which is BS in my opinion.

Edited by Mellifluer, 24 October 2013 - 05:11 PM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users