Ac2's Offset Fire = Hyper Heat

5 replies to this topic

#1 Nowwer

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

I have the cataphract with 4 balistic points, and put an ac5 and ac2 in each arm for max dakka, each grouped to it's own button. When I hold down one, then the other, it seems to produce MUCH more heat. Where if I hold both at the same time, it takes 8 (?) seconds to overheat, it only takes 4 (?) seconds when I offset fire. Why is this?

Thanks,
Nowwer

#2 I C Wiener

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...an-explanation/

That's why

#3 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

It seems like the little timer that measures whether or not too many shots occur resets itself after firing each AC/2, instead of decaying like it should. Not only that, but it keeps incrementing with every trigger pull, so if you were to fire off 20 AC/2 rounds in a staggered fashion then you will be punished for the latter 17 rounds. Seems like a bug imo.

#4 Spudz0r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Its a well known issue, PGI say its fine, we disagree.

Basically, even with ONE ac2 + fastfire perk from the elite tier the gun fires faster then the ghostheat cooldown.
The video I made demonstrates using 6ac2s but you can replicate it with just one (just takes a little longer and you need to be in an actual match as perks have no effect in training grounds).

#5 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostSpudz0r, on 24 September 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

perks have no effect in training grounds

I just had another, "What!?" moment.... seems to happen pretty often with this game. It's disappointing. That doesn't even make sense, and yet, it is.

#6 Spudz0r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

i know it is silly.. annoys the hell out of me as it makes it impossible to squeeze every last drop out of your mech without doing your 'testing' in live matches. (not a good way to win friends/matches btw)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users