- - - - -

Do I. Have To Repair My Mech?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Declovich

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Umm so I'm kind of wondering how to repair my mech. I saw in some forum threads that you have to repair them just now. I started playing last week and have ground out 2of my awesomes to complete the basic skills. I Havant ever repaired anything. Was I meant to? Feeling rather dumb...

#2 CrunchTheRobot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 111 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

'Mechs do not need to be repaired at all, nor do you have to restock your ammunition.

You used to have to repair and rearm your 'mech (or R&R, for short) back in closed beta, but that feature has not been in MWO for a long time.

#3 Mackman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

If you saw a thread about repairing mechs, that must have been an old thread. To answer your question: Repair (and Rearm) hasn't been a thing for quite some time, so you're good. , Kudos on already grinding out two awesomes, though!

#4 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostDeclovich, on 23 September 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

Umm so I'm kind of wondering how to repair my mech. I saw in some forum threads that you have to repair them just now. I started playing last week and have ground out 2of my awesomes to complete the basic skills. I Havant ever repaired anything. Was I meant to? Feeling rather dumb...

You never have to repair anything. Even after community warfare hits, this is not going to happen. Your mech will be in perfect condition at the beginning of every match.

Everything (skills, wealth, ect) only moves forward in this game. You will never move backward on anything unless you sell stuff.

#5 Declovich

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Sweet thanks guys. I was worried that I was doing it a lot harder then I needed to. Now that the beginner bonus is gone its hard grinding enough to fit out a mech

#6 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, now imagine that harder grind as well as having to pay for ammunition and repairs :P

I miss it in some ways, as it added another layer of depth to the game, but all it would have wound up doing is widening the gap between the rich/poor and veteran/new players.

I'll echo Mackman's comment, too. Bravo on grinding through two Awesomes! They're a pretty tough 'mech to get the hang of.

#7 DarkDevilDancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

No your good repair and rearm was taken out.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users