• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostDauntlessK, on 14 June 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

Why not? You think one would be overpopular or too dominant?

Two fold I think. Davion RCT consist of one Mech Regiment and 3 Tank Regiments A few Infantry Regiments and Aero support. Even if there isn't Gropos and birds, that kind of force multiplier will skue the game! And I don't know about you guys but a Manticore is a force to be respected, and a Saladin(35T Hover tank) to be feared!

#22 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Moving to OT.

#23 EagleFire

• Pip
  • 18 posts

If you want combined arms you should try out MWLL. It has a good variety of units and it's expanding. Plus plenty of hovers including the awesome Epona trollcraft.

#24 Valkyrie Onyx

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 82 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere, Planet Luthien

View PostDauntlessK, on 14 June 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

From a futuristic, cockpit point of view with mechs walking by your side??? What WOT are you playing? Show me!

I know but that as i said befor would'nt be fair for the people in the tanks.

#25 DauntlessK

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMichigan

View PostWalkingDeathBot, on 14 June 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

will just take dev time away from mechs..........meh, I can leave tanks in WoT

Love the sig WalkingDeathBot

True, and I'm sure there's tons of other content (like melee and weather and stuff) that need to be implemented, but I said eventually.

#26 Valkyrie Onyx

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostEagleFire, on 14 June 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

If you want combined arms you should try out MWLL. It has a good variety of units and it's expanding. Plus plenty of hovers including the awesome Epona trollcraft.

ya thats a fun game.

#27 JP Josh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • Locationsteam- jp josh

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

doesnt any one watch the dev videos he said it was going to be implemented after the release date and they will all be A.I. no we will not get to drive fly and run in the cannon folder units. (tank, battle armer, infantry, i dunno about aircraft or spacecraft but drop ships will be in this!)

#28 DauntlessK

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostValkyrie Onyx, on 14 June 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

Which is why i said it would be cool if it was a separate game mode.

I could live with a different game mode where it was moreso just a fun non-stats-type game mode. Maybe moreso a "practice" mode. I dunno. Someone suggested earlier that you can respawn in a tank. Not sure how well that could be implemented. The respawning thing makes me shudder but yeah...

#29 Valkyrie Onyx

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostDauntlessK, on 14 June 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

I could live with a different game mode where it was moreso just a fun non-stats-type game mode. Maybe moreso a "practice" mode. I dunno. Someone suggested earlier that you can respawn in a tank. Not sure how well that could be implemented. The respawning thing makes me shudder but yeah...

I think that if the tanks were with the mechs the tanks would have to be pretty strong, and then you might as well ad battle armor, then jets, and then its pretty much a advanced vertion of MWLL

#30 DauntlessK

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostJP Josh, on 14 June 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

doesnt any one watch the dev videos he said it was going to be implemented after the release date and they will all be A.I. no we will not get to drive fly and run in the cannon folder units. (tank, battle armer, infantry, i dunno about aircraft or spacecraft but drop ships will be in this!)

Which video? link?

#31 Valkyrie Onyx

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostValkyrie Onyx, on 14 June 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

I think that if the tanks were with the mechs the tanks would have to be pretty strong, and then you might as well ad battle armor, then jets, and then its pretty much a advanced vertion of MWLL

Which is cool but not ideal.

View PostJP Josh, on 14 June 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

hmm i dont recall the videos but thats good to know.

#32 Teralitha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostDauntlessK, on 14 June 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

Hear me out. And I'm sure this thread exists someplace else, but I couldn't seem to find one, at least, not through the pile of WOT comparisons when i searched... I know they don't PLAN on including tanks and its certainly not something we'll likely see anytime soon but what do you guys think of them being included eventually? Would you like to see them included on a small scale or even as AI or target practice or whatever? This includes artillery (and no hopefully not in the magical sattelite view form) and can even stretch to include battlearmor later. What would you think of using battle armor too? Just wondering what the consensus is on whether you want it to stay a mech v mech game or wouldn't mind seeing that expanded.

I had a character in TT that specialized in driving hovertanks. They werent as powerful as any mech, but were just as heavily armored as any lighter mech and were incredibly fast. I cant recall any other details, but I my character drove nothing but hovertanks and participated in battles in a tank that existed in some technical readout... My characters other major skill was in aerospace fighting. The GM never really ran a game involving hovertanks and aerospace fighters before, but since its what I liked he incorporated them into mech battles. my Favorite aerospace fighter was called the Lucifer, and the tank had a name too but I forgot it.

Anyway... tanks were part of the BT universe, even in TT. I definitely would like to see them added in some form or another, to add more diversity, flavor, variety to the game. I would even like to see aerospace fighters and dropships have a part to play in MWO, if possible.

#33 Valkyrie Onyx

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostTeralitha, on 14 June 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

I had a character in TT that specialized in driving hovertanks. They werent as powerful as any mech, but were just as heavily armored as any lighter mech and were incredibly fast. I cant recall any other details, but I my character drove nothing but hovertanks and participated in battles in a tank that existed in some technical readout... My characters other major skill was in aerospace fighting. The GM never really ran a game involving hovertanks and aerospace fighters before, but since its what I liked he incorporated them into mech battles. my Favorite aerospace fighter was called the Lucifer, and the tank had a name too but I forgot it.

Anyway... tanks were part of the BT universe, even in TT. I definitely would like to see them added in some form or another, to add more diversity, flavor, variety to the game. I would even like to see aerospace fighters and dropships have a part to play in MWO, if possible.

Good point, but im not sure if i would like them in MWO i just like the mechs.

There fun to drive thoue i liked them in MWLL

#34 Dexterm

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

I just find it odd that so many people are complaining about having clan tech vs IS tech but would have no problem with tank vs mech,

#35 RedRidingHood

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Non Mech Vechials are Mech cannon thought only breafly dealt with in the Tanks, aircraft, hovercarft are out there but not the backbone of Mechwarrier. Would love to see them in game. Would love to see the option to build them as well.

#36 DauntlessK

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostRedRidingHood, on 14 June 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Non Mech Vechials are Mech cannon thought only breafly dealt with in the Tanks, aircraft, hovercarft are out there but not the backbone of Mechwarrier. Would love to see them in game. Would love to see the option to build them as well.

Building tanks would be quite interesting. I feel like in any case, if tanks were ever included as playable, there would need to be more than just 12 v 12 and BV (who knows if they're using this already) would need to be taken into account. I think a very large map would be necessary already, and again, who knows how big the maps are already.

#37 Sigmund Sandoval

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson, Draconis March

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

One of the biggest challenges in the TT game and in the card game come to think if it was balancing tanks with 'mechs. I for one would like to see tanks and infantry an unlockable command module that allows them to spawn npc tanks and infantry for c bills

#38 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

Honestly, tanks would just get rofl stomped by the assult mechs, and would have trouble dealing with light mechs.
(To add to this, they said Death from above WOULD be in the game, a assult mech could simply step on a tank and be done with it)

Edited by Skadi, 15 June 2012 - 11:15 PM.

#39 BurningColtrain

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostDexterm, on 14 June 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

I just find it odd that so many people are complaining about having clan tech vs IS tech but would have no problem with tank vs mech,

Maybe tanks are infinitely superior to clan tech and nobody knows it?

#40 Derek Icelord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostDexterm, on 14 June 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

I, for one, look forward to seeing how Pirahna handles the Clans. I also think it would be interesting to implement tanks as a player option at some down the road once they've got 'Mech combat squared away and a good stable of 'Mechs for us to choose from. However, I most certainly do not want to see VTOL or Aerospace craft since it would inevitably turn into the same crap it is in the Living Legends mod: VTOLs hovering directly above a 'Mech where it can't tilt up far enough to hit it and Aerospace "divebombing" from the upper reaches of the map (and out of sensor/wepaon range).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users