#61 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 24 September 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

If it's unique point is 6 energy slots in arms and nothing else (1ballistic, 1missile), then I'm not impressed. I still don't know what to do with the RS four energy points in arms, how would increasing it to 6 make it better?

For reals?

Try this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9105a7f5d43fe4c

Put the LLs on chain fire on one mouse button and the AC20 on the other. If you want, you can drop the engine weight or some ammo or some armor (or combo of all three) to slap an AMS on there.

#62 LtPoncho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

It will be interesting to see how much MC this Hero will cost - a Boar's head indeed.

#63 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostLtPoncho, on 26 September 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

It will be interesting to see how much MC this Hero will cost - a Boar's head indeed.

7500. 75 per ton.

#64 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

I'd pay 11,250 for the Omega if they put in that 150t mech for MC only. ****** is HOT!

#65 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

First.. I should note that you should be aware that it's extremely likely that image has been incorrectly flipped.
Posted Image

That said.. Given PGI's track record for balancing my best estimates will be this: 6 energy slots in the arms. One ballistic slot. One missile slot. I say this because in recent mechs, you'll notice the hardpoint exchange is usually 1 missile for 1 energy, 1 ballistic for 2 energy. Since there's no sign of CT or head mounted energy weapons, I'm thinking the 6 energy is all you get. There's no secondary missile pod. I see only one ballistic. With a hero there should be an art overpass, especially for a hero on a chassis that is supposed to be an 'end-game tier'.

Given that it has both lower arm and hand actuators, you cannot fit in 6 PPCs. You can fit 4 + 2 lasers. This design appears heavily based on the RS, though it's got the 10 slot launcher of an Atlas K, D or D-DC.

On a side note: Next time I'm at Publix and they ask me if I want Boar's Head meat for my sub, I'll say "Yes, please. I'd like it in pink and red, with twin PPCs, a Gauss, LRM-20 and 4 Small Pulse Lasers, please."

#66 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostKoniving, on 29 September 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

On a side note: Next time I'm at Publix and they ask me if I want Boar's Head meat for my sub, I'll say "Yes, please. I'd like it in pink and red, with twin PPCs, a Gauss, LRM-20 and 4 Small Pulse Lasers, please."

Epic....

Also, I automatically assumed it would have one ballistic and one missile which is enough for me with six energy slots.

#67 The Unknown Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostMalsumis, on 24 September 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Hmmm....6 laser Atlas, plus ballistic, plus missiles? This can't be done with any other Atlas....so does this mean PTW Atlas? Similar to the Misery Stalker.

If you really think Misery is somehow OP to the Stalker chassis, might I suggest you master them, play a 3F and check back.

#68 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostThe Unknown Pilot, on 29 September 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

If you really think Misery is somehow OP to the Stalker chassis, might I suggest you master them, play a 3F and check back.

Yup, Misery is nice, but hardly OP.

This mech looks fun, but most of your armament in your arms means they can be shot off easily.

#69 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

Man please, no hard words on my beloved MISERY :) . . Its not OP, just best

Edited by DrSlamastika, 30 September 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#70 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

1 Ballistic and 1 Missile in the torso and 6 Energy in the arms sounds mostly balanced to me. I imagine this Atlas would be much better at attacking enemies that are on higher or lower grounds than most variants, having six medium lasers and LRM10 with arm lock off. Could be great for somebody willing to lead a charge up to or down from the volcano's vent on Terra Therma, seeing as torso weapons are usually unusable on steep inclines.

This is definitely the Atlas that appeals most to me. Then again, I've always preferred mediums and heavies, so I guess if I altered my playstyle I'd enjoy the other variants of the Atlas more.

Also, does anybody see AMS on that thing? Because lacking an AMS would certainly make some people give pause in choosing it over other Atlas variants. Being locked on by every LRM on the enemy team with no real defense except hoping that you get a one of a few certain maps or somebody with ECM is tagging behind you.

Edited by MarsAtlas, 30 September 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#71 anubis969

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 30 September 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Also, does anybody see AMS on that thing? Because lacking an AMS would certainly make some people give pause in choosing it over other Atlas variants. Being locked on by every LRM on the enemy team with no real defense except hoping that you get a one of a few certain maps or somebody with ECM is tagging behind you.

The most likely reason you can't see AMS in the picture is because it isn't part of the mechs stock loadout. It's possible the Boar's Head might not have AMS capability but I'd be very surprised. At the time of writing almost all mechs have AMS capability but at the same time almost none of them have it in their stock loadout and as promo material generally uses stock it's not surprising to not see AMS equipped.

#72 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

View Postanubis969, on 30 September 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

The most likely reason you can't see AMS in the picture is because it isn't part of the mechs stock loadout. It's possible the Boar's Head might not have AMS capability but I'd be very surprised. At the time of writing almost all mechs have AMS capability but at the same time almost none of them have it in their stock loadout and as promo material generally uses stock it's not surprising to not see AMS equipped.

All except the lonely x-5 :P

#73 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'll wait for it to be 30% off.

#74 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

http://www.sarna.net...as_(BattleMech)

• AS7-D Atlas Danielle - Piloted by Wolf's Dragoons Captain Danielle Rondema, this modified Atlas carried three medium lasers in each arm, trading away the SRM rack to do so. The additional heat was dissipated by two additional heat sinks that replaced the rear-firing medium lasers. BV (2.0) = 1,976[32]

#75 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostI am the Table, on 30 September 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

http://www.sarna.net...as_(BattleMech)
  • AS7-D Atlas Danielle - Piloted by Wolf's Dragoons Captain Danielle Rondema, this modified Atlas carried three medium lasers in each arm, trading away the SRM rack to do so. The additional heat was dissipated by two additional heat sinks that replaced the rear-firing medium lasers. BV (2.0) = 1,976[32]

Yes, boar's head has the same load out as described here, but the boar's head refers to a different 'mech and pilot; one from the 3025 TRO. It is Rodney Van Kleven's mech, and the TRO states he called his AS7 the Boar's Head. So probably PGI is giving us the Danielle mech loadout, but with the appearance and name of Van Kleven. The loadout will fit the fluff of constantly overheating; I imagine we'll see more than MLs on fielded boar's heads.

#76 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the clarification Loco!

#77 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Why do I see this Hero mech blasting 6 ML's at once while a voice in my head yells "GHOST HEAT! Your going to overheat with all that GHOST HEAT!!!!"???

#78 UBCslayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Just got speed tweak on my Boar's Head... so far I have been putting up 500-900 damage per round with it. Here's my weapons loadout: 2 Large Laseres, 4 Medium Lasers, AC 20 and SRM 6. By the way, this thing will give the DDC a run for its money for best Atlas, and probably best Hero Mech overall... it's that good.

Edited by UBCslayer, 01 October 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#79 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 01 October 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Why do I see this Hero mech blasting 6 ML's at once while a voice in my head yells "GHOST HEAT! Your going to overheat with all that GHOST HEAT!!!!"???

Ghost heat doesn't kick in until 7 ml

#80 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 01 October 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

ML Ghost Heat kicks in at 7 at once. MPLs, SLs, and SPLs don't get ghost heat at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users