How Do I Configure Headset In Order To Chat With Teammates

2 replies to this topic

#1 Max Skillz

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hi All MechWarrior soldiers, I'm new on this site and I was trying to find post on if it's possible to have online chat/communication to your fellow teammates....I play exclusively the Lone wolf matches (assault and conquest) in which random teams are selected, is there any way to communicate with your teammates during these matches besides using the keyboard. I have a mike/headset but don't know how to configure it to work during the matches....Can someone please explain how to configure a mike/headset in order to communicate with your teammates....Thank You

#2 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 20 November 2018 - 12:01 PM.

#3 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

You don't configure your headset.. you just plug it into your PC, same as you'd plug it into an iPod. Just make sure to plug mic and headphones into the correct sockets on your MB/frontpanel. They should be labeled and color-coded.

What you might need to configure is the audio playback/record setting in your Windows soundmanager. Make sure the microphone is activated in there and that its recording level is set to something above 0.

Other than that (and AFAIK), I can only repeat Throet: VoIP isn't working ATM, despite the tickbox in the gameoptions. But when you think about it, you don't *really* want 11 random people in any kind of voicechat with you. Chances are, things will get messy there pretty soon (I have never activated VoIP in TF2 or CS for that reason).

Instead, download and install TeamSpeak, do a quick forum-search for "Teamspeak" to find the different MWONL-servers that are out there. Jump onto one of those, look for other players, introduce yourself to them and start playing in four-man drops.

S.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users