• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostShadey99, on 26 September 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

I've done 100+ matches on a weekend before... :huh:

Major props to ya man! I guess the saying is go big or go home...

The way it looks here soon we should have a TON of data thrown up to really get some hard numbers.

#62 Komagn

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 25 September 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Nice info Alistair. Nice to see the majority of Mechs is Heavies and not Assault. And despite all the whine Only 15% Caps.

The reduced cap rate makes a huge difference now. There used to be a time when 4 lights would jump on your cap with the cap module and cap you in 30s-40s or so.

Thanks for the stats.

Edited by Komagn, 26 September 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#63 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostKomagn, on 26 September 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

The reduced cap rate makes a huge difference now. There used to be a time when 4 lights would jump on your cap with the cap module and cap you in 30s-40s or so.

Thanks for the stats.

And before that the dreaded Murder of Ravens!!!

#64 Calica

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

Very nice data mining going on here. Will be reading all of the data samples, seems quite interesting.

#65 Komagn

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 26 September 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

And before that the dreaded Murder of Ravens!!!

Yup.

#66 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostShadey99, on 26 September 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

This weekend I'll keep some stats... Faction... Weight Class... Mech... Variant... Over multiple types of my own mechs...
I've done 100+ matches on a weekend before... ;)

Well, if at least a handful of people are willing to upload the numbers from 20 or 40 matches, then we should have a fairly good idea of whether or not there is a lot of variation, so we'll get a better idea of how many matches from how many people we need to get a decent idea of an average assault match across ELO levels.

Interesting to see that BillyGoat had so many disconnects in his games, for example.

#67 RandomLurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Is there a data capturing tool of some sort for this, or are you manually taking it all down? I'd love to submit stats, but I'd rather play the game then play with spreadsheets. I have an EVE Online subscription for that.... ;)

#68 JigglyMoobs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostRandomLurker, on 26 September 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Is there a data capturing tool of some sort for this, or are you manually taking it all down? I'd love to submit stats, but I'd rather play the game then play with spreadsheets. I have an EVE Online subscription for that.... ;)

Yeah I like to know also. Is there a log file? Or are you actually typing the data in *shudders* by hand?

#69 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostRandomLurker, on 26 September 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Manual entry from screen shots... yeah... it sucks.

#70 Murzao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Well for one YLWs are a boss especially with an AC20 so you should have a high k/d and w/l ratio if you're just starting the medium chassis but pro at the others so you know how to aim. Just like in my JennerF the first 40 games my w-l is like 3-1 simply because the newb bracket is faceroll bad and I can kill 3-4 people simultaneously with my Jenner. You need about 100 games in the chassis to get out of easymode.

You can't really include the base stats from before elo, since I still have a 2000-1000 w/l ratio in my mediums (the first day stats were introduced I had a 50-2 w/l ratio before I started pugging out of boredom)...and yea premades inflate your numbers by a good factor of 2 at least. I still get 500-900 damage easily solo pugging in a medium but it doesn't effect the win rate when a few teammates DC or are terribad and I have to carry 11 people.

But yea since I play a medium 98% of the time I see a lot of mediums.

#71 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostMurzao, on 26 September 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

Well for one YLWs are a boss especially with an AC20

I never used the AC20 on the YLW, except for maybe the first 2 or 3 games. In 95% of my matches, I've used a gauss rifle and ER Laser.

As for the ELO, I don't really know when I played YLW so much, so I can't say much about what my ELO was at the time. The thing is that I quickly get bored with playing the same mech over and over, so I doubt I played too many matches with the YLW at the same time.

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 26 September 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Yeah I like to know also. Is there a log file? Or are you actually typing the data in *shudders* by hand?

It's better to get it done by hand than not to get it done at all.

;)

#72 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

I couldn't tell you what happened today, but if the MM has been dropping me with the biggest bunch of clueless pilots I have ever seen in the entire time I have been playing MWO.. It wasn't like this for the past 2 weeks, and I thought maybe i'm having a bad day, but when my lance does double the damage of the rest of the team 5 out of 7 times, and never does worse than the rest of the team I start to wonder. Also right before the streak of bad luck, the server disconnected my whole lance, after that everything went downhill. When you have half of your team doing under 90 damage consistantly, somethings wrong.
Still getting the kills, just not the wins...

I would chalk this up to a bad day, but I don't have bad days like that, not since I have been playing MWO..
Last time I saw anything close to this was months ago. Weird day to say the least.

#73 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 26 September 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Well, if at least a handful of people are willing to upload the numbers from 20 or 40 matches, then we should have a fairly good idea of whether or not there is a lot of variation, so we'll get a better idea of how many matches from how many people we need to get a decent idea of an average assault match across ELO levels.

Interesting to see that BillyGoat had so many disconnects in his games, for example.

What we really need is another weekend of data like Hammerreborn gave us a few months ago- game balance has changed a fair amount since then. Unfortunately, there is no more General Discussion forum; if I recall, another attempt was made to gather data, but not enough players contributed because there wasn't enough visibility.

#74 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Well if anyone wants to join in the fun I created 2 versions of my spreadsheet file and loaded it with 2 quick PUG matches...

Excel Format (I don't have Excel installed, so who knows what it looks like)
ODS Format (Created with Libre Office)

Let me know if I'm missing something... I do however break things down more than the original stats which makes things take up three times the space per match.

#75 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 26 September 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

Depends on how many people you want to put as "the best." I thought about a better modifier there, but I couldn't think of one. In this case, I am saying that "the best" is "top 20%"....which is a very generous best =]

85%

#76 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 26 September 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

It's better to get it done by hand than not to get it done at all.

:)

This..... this is madness! :)

#77 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 26 September 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

85%

85% is to generous(as solid B?). The Cream of the Crop should be top 3-5%. A level I will never see!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 27 September 2013 - 05:45 AM.

#78 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'd say that moderate would be 35-65%, very poor being 5-35%, and terrible at 0-5%. Very good would be 66-95%, and great would be the top 5%.

#79 Corpsecandle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Need to buy MM a beer for last night. Most my games were wonderfully close (win or lose) with only a few stomps (and it was my team team doing the stomping.) Yeehaw.

#80 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

So... who's going to post the results from 20 more matches?

Don't do it for me.

Do it for science.

Spoiler

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users