• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBlue Ridge Mountains

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Yes.

Give out a free mech to beta testers :huh:

Srsly. You should have already thought of it. One that only people with active accounts right now could ever get. Like the in cockpit item, only way cooler.

This would show us you love us.

Thanks, PGI.

#2 Edson Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

I don't want anything. But some days of free premium would be nice to have(Hawken recently did and I thought it was very nice).

Also PGI lost an incredible opportunity of giving out a free mech in the day of release to newly-registred players. Sure a loss is a loss, but the possible amount of revenue coming from those could be astronomical.

#3 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostScromboid, on 26 September 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Yes.

Give out a free mech to beta testers :huh:

Srsly. You should have already thought of it. One that only people with active accounts right now could ever get. Like the in cockpit item, only way cooler.

This would show us you love us.

Thanks, PGI.

Once upon a time they said every new player would get a free mech to start with.....then trial mechs were thought up.

#4 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'd like to see decals introduced it'd be a surprised it would be an easy way to reward players, both new and old; Founders, Phoenix, Saber, closed beta, open beta, launch, etc all get rewarded and it's easily expandable. And while premium time is nice it's not as "permanent" as other rewards.

#5 Volthorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostEdson Drake, on 26 September 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

I don't want anything. But some days of free premium would be nice to have(Hawken recently did and I thought it was very nice).

PGI has done this a few times now, with 1-day allocations.

#6 Inkarnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostSean von Steinike, on 26 September 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

Once upon a time they said every new player would get a free mech to start with.....then trial mechs were thought up.

nope they said with ui 2.0 u get a mech instead of cadettbonus

#7 Killhunger

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 46 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Mmm I don't know. I think a mech a medium amount of C-bills would be ok.

However my son recently started playing (Wow he is terrible) anyway. With the cadet bonus he was still walking away with around (Give or take) 450K per match for the first 25 matches no kills, total damage done...about 60, >.< (Working on that).

He could nearly afford a great assault mech before he was done with that amount earned by the cadet bonus.

They are virtually giving away at least 1 free mech with the cadet bonus.

I agree tossing out a bone to the existing players and or new players on launch day would have added something positive to the launch.

- Kill

#8 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostEdson Drake, on 26 September 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Also PGI lost an incredible opportunity of giving out a free mech in the day of release to newly-registred players. Sure a loss is a loss, but the possible amount of revenue coming from those could be astronomical.

Hawken gave me some free premium days, the game war thunder actually lets you win premium currency/days [imagine winning MC, just for getting like 200 kills in amonth]

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users