- - - - -

"trial Mechs"?

3 replies to this topic

#1 DollaMenunaire

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Installed this game months ago, finally got around to playing it once or twice (literally).

How do I start using other mechs? It looks like most of the options are my screen are greyed out to look at new mechs or change loadouts, etc.

Do I need a premium acount?

What do I need MC for, and will I ever need it? As in, are the experience points usable for things that the MC can be used for?

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

No special account is needed. Trial mechs are free variants that you can not change. To get your own, click "Owned Mechs" on the left side of the window, then click "Buy Mech" in the mech list (lower middle). This will take you to the mech buying UI. The MC/Cbills icons will be available depending on how a mech can be bought. MC-only means hero/champion variants that cost real money. All other mechs are available for Cbills.

#3 Kitane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostDollaMenunaire, on 27 September 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Installed this game months ago, finally got around to playing it once or twice (literally).

How do I start using other mechs? It looks like most of the options are my screen are greyed out to look at new mechs or change loadouts, etc.

Do I need a premium acount?

What do I need MC for, and will I ever need it? As in, are the experience points usable for things that the MC can be used for?

Hello and welcome!

At the beginning you have access only to 4 trial mechs, until you make enough C-Bills to buy your own mech. Or you could use MC to make it faster, but your first 24 matches give you a special "Cadet" bonus, that will give you little over 7M C-Bills on top of normal match winnings. I'd recommend playing these 24 matches with trial mechs and then pick your first purchase, following grind is considerably slower, expect something like ~500k C-Bill/hour without premium account/hero mech.

The premium account only increases amount of XP and C-Bills gained in the battle, it's not required for anything. It is the best way to convert MC to C-bills, though, if you play the game.

MC are used for buying Hero mechs, a special versions of normal mechs with slightly different loadouts and extra C-Bill bonus for battle rewards, for cosmetic items and camouflage/colors and for normal mechs (though it is not recommended to do that, you can make enough money for C-Bill variants ingame)

The most important upgrades you can buy for MC are additional Mechbay slots, one for 300 MC. You can avoid buying more slots, but having only 4 starter slots is pretty limiting.

Edited by Kitane, 27 September 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#4 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

The Cadet Bonus is actually 7,981,686 CB for the first 25 matches plus whatever you would earn normally in those matches.

You can increase this by using the 1 Free Day of Premium Time that you get just for downloading.

You can claim it by clicking Download in the top right corner of this window. Clicking Download again, cancel the download, and you will see Redeem in the bottom right. YOU MUST HAVE AD BLOCKERS TURNED OFF!

This will boost your Cadet bonus to approximately 12m plus normal earnings also bonused.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users