#1 SpiffyJack

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTortuga Prime Tortuga Dominion

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

Just last week I noticed a Razer Logo at the bottom of a MWO page... Maybe it was the SF Competition or similar. I am very disappointed to see the Razer logo on anything right now much less MWO. For the simple fact that their warranty has just become a 15 day warranty on all products is its an absolute joke and and embarrassment to all gamers. You can no longer return the product to Best Buy or anywhere else (except Newegg of coarse) Keep in mind of you have an issue with there product whether its a defect or the keyboard you bought requires 2 usb ports to work and the packaging doesn't say you need 2 ports and you open the box for the first time 16 days after you bought it... your looking a 45 day turnaround. MWO you do not need THAT kind of support!!!

#2 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

So just use Logitech and don't worry about it?

#3 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

And were did you get that information from, Mgr Paine?

Their website still lists other time frames and no mentioning of "15 days" only.

#4 SpiffyJack

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

I've been using Logitech for years, I get it. Happily they actually support their products.... and you know what i'm talking about. I'm putting a shout out to avoid disappointment.

I'm dealing directly with Razer... I almost posted all the emails to support what im saying

#5 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

http://www.razerzone...returns-refunds
http://www.razerzone...ranty#question5
EDIT: http://www.bestbuy.c...cat260800050014
I mean...who needs the truth! Who cares what the facts are! GRAB THE PITCHFORKS!!!

Happy Razer customer here. They don't seem to have any additional problems that other manufacturers don't have, and I like how they are involved in PC gaming. Also have owned Logitech, Roccat, Func, MadCatz/Saitek, A4Tech, and probably some other random mice. Haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary with Razer - even dealt with their support, and they were very reasonable. I got the feeling they were a little exasperated though, probably because they normally deal with....a certain type of customer? Anyway, I've always had a great experience whenever I've had to contact any support. From any manufacturer.
Here's some more interesting reading:
http://www.huffingto..._b_3799574.html

Edited by MercJ, 30 September 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#6 HugoStiglitz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostMgr Paine, on 30 September 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

Just last week I noticed a Razer Logo at the bottom of a MWO page... Maybe it was the SF Competition or similar. I am very disappointed to see the Razer logo on anything right now much less MWO. For the simple fact that their warranty has just become a 15 day warranty on all products is its an absolute joke and and embarrassment to all gamers. You can no longer return the product to Best Buy or anywhere else (except Newegg of coarse) Keep in mind of you have an issue with there product whether its a defect or the keyboard you bought requires 2 usb ports to work and the packaging doesn't say you need 2 ports and you open the box for the first time 16 days after you bought it... your looking a 45 day turnaround. MWO you do not need THAT kind of support!!!

Razer is giving them money and free stuff to give out at tournaments. If they gave PGI/IGP the best deal then so be it, that's business.
Personally I like my Steel Series for my headset and my Logitech for my mouse, but I've never actually used anything Razer made.

Edited by HugoStiglitz, 30 September 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#7 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Ive never used anything from Razer. They cant spell their name right so how good can they be? :P

#8 Dante Giuseppe Lassenerra

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

Not sure about their warranty support but I do feel their priorities have changed, and their standard of quality on mice and keyboards has suffered a bit. Having said that, if they make that MWO concept controller (joystick/screen/keypad) a reality, I'd buy it for sure.

#9 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

I use a a Nostromo keypad to play MWO and I happily love that damn thing to program all my laser spamming goodness. *shrugs* To each their own!

#10 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 30 September 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

I use a a Nostromo keypad to play MWO and I happily love that damn thing to program all my laser spamming goodness. *shrugs* To each their own!

I play with a Nostromo and a DeathAdder. Happy to hang their dice in my cockpit.

No issues. But...I always buy from NewEgg if they sell it.

S

#11 Onesiphorus

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

I use the Orbweaver, the mechanical keys and extra row are great but the thumb space bar is a bit too sensitive compared to the Nostromo. Overall the Nostromo is a better deal at it's price point.

I am not a fan of Synapse 2.0 as it tends to hate every non Razer device attached to my computer, but it is getting better, and I haven't had a problem since the latest update. I would say I approve of the support, and I will hang said fuzzy dice in my cockpit.

#12 Thanatos676

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

So i'm supposed to believe everything a confirmed Logitech {Noble MechWarrior} says eh OP? I think not, I use razer products and have no problems, and as others posted, what your saying about their polices is just untrue. Maybe you got burned ONCE and now think its evil, but that's your opinion and its not supported by any facts.

Stupid censoring!

Edited by Thanatos676, 30 September 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#13 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

I have a Razer Lycosa keyboard, and love it.

I also have a logitech G7 wireless mouse that has been alive for something like six years now. I also love that.

Hate/love directed at one brand is childish and shortsighted. Learn to think for yourself.

#14 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

Its fun cuz everyone I know who ever bought a piece of razer gaming gear, had it bust of die out in a matter of months, whereas any other brand, even the cheap ones, that I have ever used or bought has lasted me atleast twice as long before running into the smallest of problems.

Heck id even go as far as to say that the current headset I have, a sibiria v2 steelseries headset is one of the best I have ever bought - they even gave me my current one after my old one went out (cuz it happened within a year from I bought it)
If thats not service then I dont know what is xD
Plus the reason why I brought up my own headset is that two of my friends who are legitimate razer f@nboyz both lost their "pro gaming" headsets in under a year - they got no new headsets even though they could both documentate the time of their purchases.

So yea in closing - Razer is, to me, like alienware - you pay alot but get half of what you pay for.

#15 Spurowny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

the tournament was the first time i had ever used any Razer gear. it worked fine for me and now i have a bunch of it. I'll use it and post here if and when it fails on me. hopefully i won't be posting in this thread again for a good number of years.

#16 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

View Post0okami, on 30 September 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

Its fun cuz everyone I know who ever bought a piece of razer gaming gear, had it bust of die out in a matter of months, whereas any other brand, even the cheap ones, that I have ever used or bought has lasted me atleast twice as long before running into the smallest of problems.

We've traded horror stories about Razer QC and build quality many times on these forums, and it's astounding how many people have them, from my three Razer Carcharias headsets dying in three months (before I gave up and bought a Corsair V1500), to one story by a poster here of them going through SEVEN Razer keyboards in a short period of time, and that person is a well-known Razer fan FFS.

It's not just anecdata either. Going through Newegg and Amazon reviews, there are generally lower average scores and far more complaints on Razer's products than competing products from Logitech et al. Somehow I doubt all those reviewers are just "brand zealots"; I'm certainly not. I have a Logitech mouse, a Microsoft keyboard, an Audio Technica and Corsair headset, both a Logitech and MS joystick, and a Zalman microphone as my current peripherals. Counting more basic hardware, that becomes an even bigger smattering of companies.

There are only two companies I don't buy from that I can think of off hand: Madcatz and Razer. I have nothing against them, but like countless others, I've been there, done that, and have discovered that far better can be had for less money elsewhere.

Edited by Catamount, 30 September 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#17 SpiffyJack

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

I do not judge a product on how well it kills things.... I judge the product on how well it 'keeps' killing things. I am personally fond of the simple devices... legacy click KBs and standard 5 button mice. I'm left handed anyway so I typically can't benefit from a tricked out mouse etc...

The reason I posted this topic was because the Anansi KB requires 2 usb ports to be fully functional.. The packaging..lables.. requirements of the product do NOT specify THAT. And yet you still can't simply return it. I believe that to be a honorable return all by itself..ok. And the spacebar is junk too.

Like i said I'm upset with the policies more than the product.

#18 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

[color=#959595] far better can be had for less money elsewhere. [/color]

Depends on what you're in the market for. I wouldn't trade my naga epic or orb weaver for the world. While the razer blade pro is exceptionally expensive for what it is, it came with a level of service and tech support that made it WELL worth the money in the end.

It can be hit or miss with Razer, though, and I do understand why a lot of people won't take the risk. Remember the Lycosa? :P I went through 5 of them in one day trying to find one that didn't have the button stick issue . . .

But that was a long time ago

[color=#959595]I'm left handed anyway so I typically can't benefit from a tricked out mouse[/color]

I'm not tryin' to be a troll or anything, but Razer makes several left handed mice. IIRC, they're even making a left handed naga. . .

http://www.newegg.co...CFZRj7AodABcAAQ

Edited by Sen, 30 September 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#19 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

View Post0okami, on 30 September 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

My first Razer mouse, a Chaos Green Copperhead, is still working ~5ish years later. Swapped out the LEDs for pink, gave it to my wife. Only issue I've really had have been a Lachesis replaced under warranty about 2 years in. So, now you can't say "everyone" :P My experience has been if you take good care of your gear, most of the time it'll hold up for years. Ditto for my G9x, Mamba (2+ yrs), Orochi(almost 4 years!), etc... :o

#20 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostMercJ, on 30 September 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

So, now you can't say "everyone" :P

Well actually I still can... Since I dont know you and for all I know you could be a legitimate F@nboy ;b no offense.
Besides my last argument still stands - when you buy razer you buy a brand, you dont exactly pay for quality but instead pay an insanely high price for average equipment that for the same price in any other brand would have been far superior :b

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users