Crash & Stability Feedback - 1.2.245

66 replies to this topic

#21 do0ob

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

getting game freezes again since the patch...or screen freezes to be exact...the sound continues, i alt tab and return to game normaly...

the issue was present for a long time but almost none the last two patches...

now its back again...

#22 WM Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 171 posts
  • LocationQuit breaking the game, or changing irrelevant stuff and fix the bugs from closed beta.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Lots of disconnects, rubber banding, bad matches from servers - seems we still have a problem Houston...this has been said in this forum repeatedly today without any response or acknowledgement from PGI.

Team...the patch needs a patch to fix that which the patch was supposed to patch.

Translation: there is something screwy still going on with matches disconnected, warping and messing up. Please fix ASAP.

#23 100 Tonne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

still having random freezing. Are you guys getting any closer to fixing this?

#24 9winters

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

I've been hit quite bad by this problem after the last hotfix which followed the 1st Oct patch. Since the hotfix I've been getting "The session was lost" immediately or almost immediately after logging on to the client.

#25 SilverlightPony

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Game freeze, same as has been happening for the last two patches.

No warning, just freeze. Sound usually keeps playing. Tab out, tab back in, sound is gone, game still frozen. Have to either kill process or wait for it to CTD on its own.

Running the Repair Tool after any game session usually finds at least one mismatched file; may or may not be related.

#26 WM Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 171 posts
  • LocationQuit breaking the game, or changing irrelevant stuff and fix the bugs from closed beta.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostBig Grimm, on 02 October 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

still having random freezing. Are you guys getting any closer to fixing this?

Is it being looked at even? Warping, disconnects, rubber banding is bad in 3 of every four matches. See it get bad as chat is sent during game play, or certain sounds respond to server events.

View PostSilverlightPony, on 02 October 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Running the Repair Tool after any game session usually finds at least one mismatched file; may or may not be related.

for the record on troubleshooting - have run the repair tool, zero defects, Something is going on server side.

#27 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

I think the freezing issue should be client side problem. It happens in movement training and testing grounds as often as in online matches.

#28 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

completely wiped my win7 32bit system and updated to win7 64bit,reloaded everything and crashed on my 1st match in alpine and almost every match since.i loaded the catalyst 13.9 drivers released sept 18th and didnt have a crash untill this patch.how many times a day are we supposed to run the repair tool and delete the shader folder?

#29 Fat Amy

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostGorantir, on 03 October 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

how many times a day are we supposed to run the repair tool and delete the shader folder?

Well, in my case, at least every second to third game.

Other than the "FRead"-Error I get A LOT more chrashes to desktop and screen-freezes than with the last patches.I just crashed three times in a row in mid-game.

For me, daily crashes and frezes are a constant thing since day one. It got a little better with a switch from win7 32 to win7 64. I was hoping for a solution before this so-called "launch", but the MWO I experience every day is still a "beta". It really sucks that these issues are now getting worse again. This should not happen.

#30 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Huge fps drops after the last patch. Cannot play.

#31 lbalog

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hi All!
WTF!!!??? So, since last fu..in patch, I can't be able to play this game! I'm not too happy.... ONLY 2 things can be happens:
1. everything is seems ok, BUT then kick me out to the desktop from match or
2. freezing 10-15sec the match AND run again THEN kick me out to the desktop!
This make unplayable this game.
I Don't made any change. W7 x64, Q6600, HD5870 (cat 13,9 whql, but I ventured 13.4 and 13.10ß ), audigy 2zs, 4GB DDRII

#32 RatBast

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

Usually, about once per day, I have a game (usually in the first 1-2 games after starting MWO up) where my screen freezes. I can get back into the game by hitting ctrl-alt-del to open the task manager and switching back to MWO. Of course, this can still be very inconvenient at times, and generally, when I re-enter the game, the mouse click to do so results in my mech firing whatever weapon is keyed to that button, which can be bad for any teammates who happen to be standing in front of me.

#33 daMadpan

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

All other mechs freezes rarely right before the game starts. Usually in the "ready button" window or right after but usually before the "all systems nominal". However, my spider 5k with xl245 iwth 4mg + er laser plus zoom and adv seis module seems to freeze consecutively and haven't been able to use it today. Froze 3 times, didn't play. Came back and froze 2 more time and gave up playing spider 5k. I tried re arranging weapons and ammos.
System is same since may, i5 3570k, amd 7870, asrock z77 extreme 4, 16 gig memory, 120 samsung ssd, 500gb wd.
Running at 1920*1080, All high setting minus AA. Still lags from time to time. I think it shouldn't on my system.

#34 ZelenKai

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostRatBast, on 04 October 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

Usually, about once per day, I have a game (usually in the first 1-2 games after starting MWO up) where my screen freezes. I can get back into the game by hitting ctrl-alt-del to open the task manager and switching back to MWO. Of course, this can still be very inconvenient at times, and generally, when I re-enter the game, the mouse click to do so results in my mech firing whatever weapon is keyed to that button, which can be bad for any teammates who happen to be standing in front of me.

I have the same problem.

Screen freezes, sound and the game continues but I can't do anything. I have to alt-tab to get out and alt-tab back and everything is working again. Very annoying and seems to happen randomly. This has been happening for the past 2-3 patches.

#35 lbalog

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Some addition information: I returned to the catalyst 12.10 and then reduced the banned to the desktop every 3-5/10!
Every other progs run perfect any catalyst driver except MWO: since last patch

#36 Crimsonblack

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

I can't even get through the launcher. I start it up, log in, then I crash back to desktop.

#37 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:37 AM

Today I had the first freeze of the game for an eternity.

Used matchmaker to find "Any" gametype, ran with my HBK 4P, took a bit to find the game. Was 11 of us vs 12. Timer reset at some point because someone loaded on the other team. Was on Caustic Valley.

Moved around the map from the lakeside spawnpoint on the right side of the caldera. Went to cap when our base was being capped. Stood in cap zone with a spider. Game froze at 80% cap.

Videosettings I have not changed. They are at max. 2560x1440. Fullscreen.

Running the latest betarelease geforce drivers with the BF4 optimisations.

i5 3570k, 16gb 1866 ram, gxt 680, win 7 pro 64bit, asus xonar dx2.

#38 Tyranum

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

"Session was lost" has happened maybe 3-4 times in the last week. This morning I just had it twice in back to back games. It starts with about 10 seconds of 'rubber-banding' then crash to launcher with "Session was lost" message. I didn't have this issue before the latest patch. Nothing has changed with my PC.

#39 Acid Phase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 553 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostTyranum, on 05 October 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

"Session was lost" has happened maybe 3-4 times in the last week. This morning I just had it twice in back to back games. It starts with about 10 seconds of 'rubber-banding' then crash to launcher with "Session was lost" message. I didn't have this issue before the latest patch. Nothing has changed with my PC.

I had the same message tonight and last night.

#40 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostTyranum, on 05 October 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Session was lost twice in 20 minutes. 10pm PST. Same 3-4+ crashes/drops this week. Same this wasn't an issue before. Same system specs and internet service as before. Good luck.

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users