Critical

13 replies to this topic

#1 Krios 1

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Are the 'mechs going to go critical every time you destroy one?

#2 Rodney28021

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationRural Western North Carolina

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

Not sure but i don't think so. This has been discussed in the forum already. Search the forum for that. It depends what you mean by critical? Just have to wait for the game to release to find out.

Edited by Rodney28021, 15 June 2012 - 08:05 AM.

#3 Nachocheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 328 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

nope, if you mean a nuklear exlposion. even nuklear bombs dont trigger if they get shot, or otherwise the missile defense from the USA wouldnt be usefull.

this also prevents people from kamikaze like attacks with overheating the mech intentionally.

#4 PirateNixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostNachocheese, on 15 June 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

...otherwise the missile defense from the USA wouldnt be useful.

The Missile Defense system isn't useful... they only work if you can intercept a missile on the way up, which means while it's still over whoever launched it. even the missile defense agency claims to only have "initial" capabilities.

#5 Krios 1

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

It's like in 'mech assault, the explode really big when the 'mech goes down. But O.k. I like it much better the way it's looking now!
It's awesome how you have to strategically place your ammo and stuff! the customization in 'mech warrior 4 was not as good.

#6 RedRidingHood

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Critical faliure. You got it old mechs means things go wrong and if you push your model T to much it may break. Want Critical success you must risk Critical faliure. Another reason tiered gear could work in the game.

#7 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

'Mechs don't stackpole.
That's canon BT lore.
With said writer intentionally ignoring it.

#8 Wolvenhaven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Mechs only explode like pretty fireworks if you get a critical roll hit on their engine. You'll get smaller explosions from ammo critical hits, but the whole point in the MW games of getting a chassis as salvage is that you've disabled it/killed the pilot but not turned the whole thing into scrap metal.

#9 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

Mechs only explode like pretty fireworks if you get a critical roll hit on their engine.

Three, actually, within 10 seconds, and then a failed PSR.

Edited by Alizabeth Aijou, 15 June 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#10 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostPirateNixon, on 15 June 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

The Missile Defense system isn't useful... they only work if you can intercept a missile on the way up, which means while it's still over whoever launched it. even the missile defense agency claims to only have "initial" capabilities.

There's one in every crowd...

#11 Krios 1

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

O.K. The salvage works in what way? Does it enable you to make another 'mech?

#12 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Krios, you are asking questions that should be directed at developers, not people who either have no access to the Beta, or are bound by a NDA.

#13 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

I really hope not. Though a purist will say they never explode like how you see in MW3's intro or even the MW Reboot Trailer, I WOULD like to see very very rare Mechs going critical with quite spectacular explosions. Ones that require Mechs to get the frack outta there quickly. Would be pretty cool IMO ;)

#14 killer panzer

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

sigh... i want big boom. jamie want big boom...
ok, got that out of my system. if you have the tech-manual rule book, the explosion is explained on page 36-37. ill give you the cliffnotes version of it:
the engine is powered by nuclear fusion. the hot gasses maintain an equilibrium, expanding and contracting with the increase or decrease in heat respectively. the plasma is held inside a heavy containment vessel. the system is under extreame preasure to start with. when the containment vessle is breached, the plasma is propelled out at an extreme force, causing the remaining parts of the engine to fail. this causes the iconic "boom" we all know and love.
and the nice thing is that the fusion reaction is powerd by hydrogen, and it reacts with the oxygen in the atmosphere creating water. so besides being realy cool, its good for your pores. i mean think about it, which mechwarrior in the cannon has had acne?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users