March Of The Founders

80 replies to this topic

Poll: March of the Founders (190 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you contribute to this movement and if you will, how?

1. I will participate by exclusively running my Founder mech(s) on the 15th (35 votes [18.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.42%

2. I will participate by running my Founder mech(s) on the 15th, but not exclusively (42 votes [22.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.11%

3. I will not participate, because I will be running my Project Pheonix mechs on the 15th (49 votes [25.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.79%

4. I will not participate, because I do not approve of this movement (12 votes [6.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.32%

5. I approve of the movement, but can't play that day (6 votes [3.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.16%

6. I approve of the movement, but I do not have any Founder 'mechs (46 votes [24.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Magnus Leo

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Greetings fellow Mechwarriors!

In light of the upcoming release of the so called "Second Founders Project", I would like to propose an idea to show these Project Phoenix bros who the true Mechwarrior fans are.

Basically, I propose that on October 15, Founders solely use their Founder 'Mechs, for the purpose of bagging as many Project Phoenix kills as possible.

Now, don't get the wrong idea. I have nothing against Project Phoenix or anyone who purchases any of the five packages. I will openly admit that I have already purchased the Project Phoenix Overlord package myself and intend to enjoy my new 'Mechs and such, eventually. Likewise, I do not intend this "March of the Founders" to be an act of hate or protest against PGI's Project Phoenix. I simply think it would be really awesome to have a large scale revolution of Founders in a showdown with the inevitable wave of Project Phoenix 'Mechs which will no doubt be flooding the battlefield during and after the project's release day.

In short, I challenge all MWO Founders (including myself) to play on the 15th with only our Founder's 'Mechs and our pride, taking special pride in any Project Phoenix 'Mechs we manage to overcome in the process. For added effect, it would be especially awesome for said Founders to use their original Founder paint jobs.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions regarding this idea, founder or otherwise, and whether or not they're going to join in. In addition, it would be cool if anyone interested would vote on the poll up at the top of this thread, which will contain some primary opinions regarding the "March of the Founders".

Edited by Magnus Leo, 03 October 2013 - 02:46 AM.

#2 Exarch Jonah Levin

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

The Republic approves of this message.

#3 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Doubledealer <-- me, on the 15th.

#4 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

I already run my founders mech all the time (again), and I am not going for a Phoenix package, so I will be participating by simple happenstance.

Edit: Good use of the word happenstance there.

Edited by Ozric, 01 October 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#5 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

As a Non-Founder I support this initiative, and promise to make sure you get phoenix mechs to shoot at.

But be careful, we might shoot back :P

Unfortunately, there is no poll option for "approve, non founder, shoot me if you think you can" :D

Edited by Zerberus, 02 October 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#6 Magnus Leo

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Lol, I look forward to shooting at you with my AC 20.

Also, I edited an option in for anyone who approves of the movement, but isn't a Founder.

#7 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostMagnus Leo, on 01 October 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Greetings fellow Mechwarriors!

In light of the upcoming release of the so called "Second Founders Project", I would like to propose an idea to show these Project Phoenix bros who the true Mechwarrior fans are.

Basically, I propose that on October 15, Founders solely use their Founder 'Mechs, for the purpose of bagging as many Project Phoenix kills as possible.

Now, don't get the wrong idea. I have nothing against Project Phoenix or anyone who purchases any of the five packages. I will openly admit that I have already purchased the Project Phoenix Overlord package myself and intend to enjoy my new 'Mechs and such, eventually. Likewise, I do not intend this "March of the Founders" to be an act of hate or protest against PGI's Project Phoenix. I simply think it would be really awesome to have a large scale revolution of Founders in a showdown with the inevitable wave of Project Phoenix 'Mechs which will no doubt be flooding the battlefield during and after the project's release day.

In short, I challenge all MWO Founders (including myself) to play on the 15th with only our Founder's 'Mechs and our pride, taking special pride in any Project Phoenix 'Mechs we manage to overcome in the process. For added effect, it would be especially awesome for said Founders to use their original Founder paint jobs.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions regarding this idea, founder or otherwise, and whether or not they're going to join in. In addition, it would be cool if anyone interested would vote on the poll up at the top of this thread, which will contain some primary opinions regarding the "March of the Founders".

your puny founders mechs will crumble at the hands of my totally op walking barn, err i mean Battlemaster.

Edited by Hellcat420, 02 October 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#8 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Veteran Founders don't have Founder Mechs. ;)

#9 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Iam up for this ;)
Lets show these new whelps how we used to roll :ph34r:

#10 Poppaukko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 236 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

This isn't even fair, Founders most likely have their efficiencies already unlocked, Phoenix owners don't ;)

#11 Magnus Leo

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

That's a good point, ArchSight, I'll be sure to edit in a poll option for that. In the mean time, I heard Blue and White paint jobs are all the rage among Veteran Founders.

Seriously though, you can still show your Founder pride just by running on the 15th and showing off your skills.

Now, to reply to your statement Poppaukko, I would argue that you are going to be up against fully stocked out, customized and maximized 'mechs anyway, whether or not they are participating in this initiative.

#12 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

I may just go with this. :D

(I have Phoenix too, but my Catapult can't have enough kills....)

#13 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Will be playing the **** out of my Thunderbolt.... sorry

#14 Kanik Suden

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

All I run is my Leroy Jenner anyways, this'll be fun.

#15 Kitane

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

I might end up using one out of sheer frustration.

I don't want to imagine what it will be like to handle almost 40 mechs in our current UI...

#16 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

I was gonna do this anyway, much like I was bagging boars in my DDC for two days straight.

#17 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Sure, it'll be fun.

When do we want to do the "all trial mech day"?

#18 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

I'm in for this (if I remember). Otherwise, I'll probably be in a Thunderbolt.

Hope the Founder's Atlas head hitbox issue is fixed before then.

#19 Magnus Leo

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Wow, this has actually been fairly successful so far. That's Awesome. Thanks for all the voting and poll feedback!

I'm actually considering setting up some sort of group for this on the 15th. If people are interested, let me know via this topic or a PM.

#20 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Where is the poll option for "I don't feel like running gimped 2nd tier mechs to combat the Battlemaster, which is the likely going to be the new tier 1 assault, all day?"

I'll be out there in a Phract or something.

Edited by Victor Morson, 04 October 2013 - 03:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users