10296 replies to this topic

#9121 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

Since the score screen gives assist counts, we have a way to test it now at least. Go into a match with a friend, "Farm" some kill assists and drop dead, disconnect immediately. Said friend (or yourself if the friend did this) can then check the kill assist count at the end and compare it to the earnings.

#9122 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:25 AM

Not to spam the thread... But the more I re-read the post from Bryan, the more I question what it's addressing.

Quitting/Disconnecting Early - While Still Alive
  • You will only receive rewards up to the point of disconnection.
  • NOTE: If you are dead, you will receive earned rewards, plus match rewards.
I can take this several ways:
NOTE: If you are dead, you will receive earned rewards (until you left), plus match rewards.
or
NOTE: If you are dead, you will receive (all) earned rewards (even assists after you've left), plus match rewards.

The big difference here may be that, if you leave when still alive you wont get match rewards (win/lose, salvage, etc), but will get rewards you earned up to the point of leaving. When you leave after you've died, you get rewards up to the point that you leave plus the end of match rewards (win/lose, salvage, etc). Which would be more rewards than leaving alive, but less than when you stay for the whole match.

Or, it doesn't matter if you leave early or not after you die, and you still get everything... I hate overthinking this. The wording is distinctly unclear... and up to interpretation...

Personally, despite my ramblings, I feel it does indicate you get all rewards after you leave if you've died. I'm just probably overthinking it too much...

View PostKoniving, on 22 October 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

Since the score screen gives assist counts, we have a way to test it now at least. Go into a match with a friend, "Farm" some kill assists and drop dead, disconnect immediately. Said friend (or yourself if the friend did this) can then check the kill assist count at the end and compare it to the earnings.

Problem: Other aspects affect earnings, such as damage, assists, savior kills, component destruction, AMS, etc. You may find testing this to be... difficult without an end of match score/breakdown of earnings...

#9123 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:38 AM

I know. Keep the outliers to a minimum, and again like I said the first time when I responded to the original the "just test it" suggestion, it won't be a 100% accurate test, which is why saying something without the official statement is basically akin to making it up. Could never convince everyone without something concrete regardless of which way it goes.

(Much like there's still people that believe the Earth is flat because a helicopter can stay still in the sky without us leaving it behind us as the planet rotates and flies through space... But the same is true for a fly in the car if the windows are up [an enclosed atmosphere], but if you open the windows enough to vent atmosphere that fly can't fly within the moving vehicle as it will splat as the vehicle moves without it, even if the wind doesn't touch it as the atmosphere isn't enclosed).

Drop me a message, Friday I'd be willing to jump in and run several tests with you and log our results. Still think the simplest and most concrete solution is to twitter Paul or Chris (Karl left for a better job. Posted Image )

And we'll leave this thread back to what its for.
Edit: Replaced "from" with "behind" as a practice of better Engrish.

Edited by Koniving, 22 October 2018 - 09:40 AM.

#9124 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:41 PM

View PostTesunie, on 22 October 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

Not to spam the thread... But the more I re-read the post from Bryan, the more I question what it's addressing.

I can take this several ways:
NOTE: If you are dead, you will receive earned rewards (until you left), plus match rewards.
or
NOTE: If you are dead, you will receive (all) earned rewards (even assists after you've left), plus match rewards.

I wouldn't think too hard about Bryan's quote above. The issue he's addressing there was people who drop in a match, do some stuff, shutdown in a corner, and disconnect before they are killed. If that function is still in place, they would get nothing for grieving/non participation. As for whether you get assist cbills after disconnecting, it's too vague for us to interpret that any differently than the older information we have. Bryan wasn't addressing that caveat so he didn't think to mention it. I'm sure it didn't cross his mind.

The understanding around here has always been that you don't get the cbills or xp for assists if you leave the match before said assist actually occurs because, presumably, some technical/programming limitation. So much has changed since those days it could very well have been changed but nothing official was ever said. Best way is if you can get Chris or Paul or Russ to find out for us and answer this question once and for all.

#9125 Robaxacet

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSteel Tower

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:38 PM

What is the difference between the c-bill boosting item offered in the new sale (IS/Clan specific) vs the normal gold hanging one? Does the faction specific one give more or something?

#9126 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:10 AM

View PostRobaxacet, on 26 October 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

What is the difference between the c-bill boosting item offered in the new sale (IS/Clan specific) vs the normal gold hanging one? Does the faction specific one give more or something?

The one on the sale gives a 5% c-bill bonus to the mech it is equipped on while the gold hanging one is just a decoration for your cockpit.

#9127 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:54 AM

I think its weird that they only work in IS / Clan specific mechs.

#9128 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:28 AM

Huh, cbill boosting cockpit items? That's new. I can see them adding more such cockpit items in the future with that capability. Gives people an incentive to buy a truly exclusive item (if they keep it limited that way) or buy one that isn't just decorative.

#9129 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 29 October 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

Huh, cbill boosting cockpit items? That's new. I can see them adding more such cockpit items in the future with that capability. Gives people an incentive to buy a truly exclusive item (if they keep it limited that way) or buy one that isn't just decorative.

There has been plenty of feature suggestions of letting mechs purchase or equip a "+% C-bill/EXP" ability to their mechs for some time. I think something like this should become open to common sale. This way, people can make their favorite mechs that don't have any bonuses into "a hero mech" (as far as one of their main features). It wouldn't replace or displace hero mechs or other current special mechs, but wouldn't it be nice to have your favorite mech actually be more beneficial to actually use over some other mech that has that 30% C-bill boost?

#9130 Hondaracer1124

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts
  • Locationdown at the beach, NJ

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:40 PM

If I wanted to sell a duplicate mech, how can I tell which mech I'm selling

#9131 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 03:40 PM

View PostHondaracer1124, on 06 November 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

If I wanted to sell a duplicate mech, how can I tell which mech I'm selling

I believe if you name a mech, it will show up with that name in your inventory tab. Name the mech you want to sell "sell" (my suggestion), find "sell" in your inventory, and "begone with thee".

At least, as far as I last remember...

#9132 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:47 PM

I am thinking about buying a Mech Pack. That Mech Pack contains a duplicate Mech, which I am not interested in. A friend of mine is currently trying out the game. Is there any way I can transfer that one Mech to him?

#9133 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:52 PM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 06 November 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

I am thinking about buying a Mech Pack. That Mech Pack contains a duplicate Mech, which I am not interested in. A friend of mine is currently trying out the game. Is there any way I can transfer that one Mech to him?

No. You can not transfer mechs between accounts (which helps keep gold farmers and account hackers (gold farmers) out of the game). You can purchase a whole mech pack as a gift for someone else, but you can't break a mech pack apart to give only a portion of the pack to someone else.

As for the duplicate, you can either keep it and experiment with alternative build ideas with it (I normally develop different builds on them for more variety myself), or just sell the mech for C-bills and open a mechbay for some other mech down the line. Mechbays are worth it, so even if you choose to sell your duplicate mech, the empty bay will be good for a different C-bill (or purchased in game hero) mech.

#9134 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:31 PM

Thanks for the info, Tesunie. Bit of a shame. I was thinking about a Bushwacker pack and I already own the X1 and X2. With the pack, I would get another X1 and X2 as well as a special variant of the X1 (which is what I am actually after). I might find a use for a second X2, but definitely not for a third X1...

#9135 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:01 AM

Yeah, pretty much have to sell for cbills, but at least you keep the bay.

#9136 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 12 November 2018 - 12:41 AM

came across this:

View PostGweNTLeR, on 09 November 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

[rant on rocket launchers, not relevant for my questions, SNIP] Except for some really specific things, like gaining 20% protection for stalker's arms or kintaro's CT for filling those missile hardpoints.
[SNIP]

so... how does that 20% protection thingy work exactly?
do you need to fill all the hardpoint? All the slots? or is it just there?

Edited by Cyrilis, 12 November 2018 - 12:42 AM.

#9137 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:20 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 12 November 2018 - 12:41 AM, said:

Just having a missile weapon there is enough.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 12 November 2018 - 06:20 AM.

#9138 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:51 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 12 November 2018 - 12:41 AM, said:

came across this:

What's being discussed there are "Missile Doors", a mechanic some mechs that can take missiles have. When the doors are closed, they grant (last I knew) a 10% damage reduction, but once they open that reduction is no longer protecting that section.

You can manually open or close the doors with the / key (default), and a small light indicator in your cockpit changes color depending upon if it's open or closed. If they are closed (default at every match unless you open then every match), then the trade off for that protection is a 0.5 second delay on shooting missiles, as the missile doors open automatically (and then close after a while with no missiles being fired).

Some mechs have missile doors. Some of them gain the missile doors if they have a missile weapon in that location (Kintaro is a good example I believe, where if it has a missile weapon in it's CT, it will gain the doors. If that weapon is removed, so are the doors). Others I believe always have the doors there even if there are no missile weapons present (Stalker/Catapult arms). If there are no missile weapons on a mech that always has it's missile doors, I am not certain if it retains the doors protective abilities or not... I believe it does, but I'm just not certain.

Mechs I know of with missile bay doors off the top of my head are Stalkers, Catapults, Archers, Hellspawns and Kintaros (there may be more). The Centurion use to have doors, but they were removed with the new weapon meshes being added into the mech.

Crabs and King Crabs also act like they have missile doors on their arms, but those doors provide no weapons fire delays when set to default mode. I believe they are decorative only and also do not provide any protection, even if closed... but I could be wrong here.

#9139 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:05 AM

Thanks Teer and Tesunie.
but... that is a bit of a contradiction... does someone have evidence?

Edited by Cyrilis, 13 November 2018 - 01:15 AM.

#9140 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:21 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 12 November 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Thanks Teer and Tesunie.
but... that is a bit contradiction... does someone have evidence?

What's the contradiction? Between 10% or 20%? Or some other aspect discussed? I'd rather either try to clear up confusion, or just say I don't know for certain, depending upon the part in question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users