3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

I was sitting here reading about the new Crimson Straits map and began thinking about table top and the various mechs and loadouts.

Anyone ever recall the usage of smoke generators? It was a concept used in our gaming group used one or twice but I can not recall if it was considered canon.

We have flamers and they can be fun to play with. And there is the visual steam effect.

So how about consumable smoke generators? Or something that could be used in the place of a flamer?

Have a couple lights running around billowing smoke or even the big boys. Will not do squat against radar lock or taking damage (cover vs concealmant) but it would look great and even help when crossing open terrain. Then again follow the smoke and wola there you are :D

#2 BeardedGlass

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Might cause issues with engine performance as well as being somewhat of a pain to program. Also with the targeting computer you would be able to shoot through the smoke regardless as long as it tells you the chassis type. Even then you can just volley fire under the giant red arrow pointing down at your CT.

#3 Spiketail Drake

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Well, it IS hard to see through the smoke from the fires/vents already in the game, so I do think it would be a cool module. Visual targetting IS important and you can get lost fast if you see nothing.

#4 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Smoke kills graphics. Every game I play, my PC performs just fine until I run through smoke. Whatever the process that a card uses to make smoke cuts my FPS for it. Also, heat distortion.

Edited by Ngamok, 03 October 2013 - 01:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users