Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

View PostSean Lang, on 12 October 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

Battlemaster - 85 Ton Assault Battlemech:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jin Ma, 12 October 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#2 AgroAlba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 365 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Love how claustrophobic that cockpit feels!

#3 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

lol with how small that mech is the pilot'd have to be laying down or something

#4 ho1mes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

That is one sexy beast.. ;)

#5 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostJin Ma, on 03 October 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

lol with how small that mech is the pilot'd have to be laying down or something

It'd be like a sports car, legs straight out in front of the driver instead of a typical bent leg sitting position.

#6 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Just FYI,

Kind of the first Legitimate proof of [Redacted]

Wait wait wait.. just hear me out.

Look at the arms from both version of the mech. You have the Phoenix version shown from the front with the bigger arms which may absorb more damage because they are bigger and will intercept more incoming fire whereas the regular version (shown from behind) doesn't have the big arms and that goes directly to the LT / RT.

Does it make a bit of difference probably not but the case could be made for [Redacted], just not a good one.

#7 ho1mes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 03 October 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Just FYI,

Look at the arms from both version of the mech. You have the Phoenix version shown from the front with the bigger arms which may absorb more damage because they are bigger and will intercept more incoming fire whereas the regular version (shown from behind) doesn't have the big arms and that goes directly to the LT / RT.

Does it make a bit of difference probably not but the case could be made for [Redacted], just not a good one.

Yep saw that too.. the only noticeable geometry change I could make out. It could help soak up a bit more damage. Is it worth $20 though? Dunno..

#8 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

View Postho1mes, on 03 October 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Yep saw that too.. the only noticeable geometry change I could make out. It could help soak up a bit more damage. Is it worth $20 though? Dunno..

I'm sure certain [Redacted] will cry [Redacted] once they notice it. Good thing the obvious escapes most [Redacted] [Redacted] or the forums would be flooded...again.

#9 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Links to bigger versions of the pics (forum doesn't like the :large for some reason ;))

cockpit: https://pbs.twimg.co...AqvkL.jpg:large

front: https://pbs.twimg.co...Ax-jF.jpg:large

back: https://pbs.twimg.co...IncdL.jpg:large

#10 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Just FYI,

lol is Pay 2 win [redacted] ? P2W

View Postho1mes, on 03 October 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

i'm not sure if hitboxes change with geometry changes. (removal of a gun barrel for example)

pretty sure both models share the same hitbox

#11 Alek Ituin

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 03 October 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

I'm sure certain [Redacted] will cry [Redacted] once they notice it. Good thing the obvious escapes most [Redacted] [Redacted] or the forums would be flooded...again.

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't ask this without getting a higher security clearance, but...

WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K IS WITH ALL THE REDACTED STUFF!?!??!

#12 anubis969

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

I hope you don't mind OP but I've taken the liberty of uploading the full size pictures below. If you want to add them to you post I'll happily delete this one to save cluttering up your thread ;).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

View Postanubis969, on 03 October 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

I hope you don't mind OP but I've taken the liberty of uploading the full size pictures below. If you want to add them to you post I'll happily delete this one to save cluttering up your thread ;)

nah its cool i'l quote you

#14 Archtype

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Argghh, That cockpit is hideous. The smallest mech has the most obscured view? What because the the smaller geometry requires more structural support? >.< Take 50% of that out please! Hopefully this is not indicative of the other "phoenix " mechs. Still looking forward to running about in it though, seems like it will be like hitting a needle.

#15 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

So you're running at over 150kph and can't see outside your machine because of those struts... Now throw in the fac tyou have a centerline main weapon hardpoint, you'll be head down just to see out the top window, it feels like you won't see what will most likely be killing you most of the time. Even the Jenner's small viewport gives you plenty of unobstructed window space to actually see.

#16 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Just FYI,

You could look at it as 'bigger arms mean blocking the side torsos more', but you could also look at it as 'bigger arms mean the arms get hit more and the easier it is to strip the mech of almost half its weapon hardpoints'.

#17 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostArchtype, on 03 October 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Argghh, That cockpit is hideous. The smallest mech has the most obscured view? What because the the smaller geometry requires more structural support? >.< Take 50% of that out please! Hopefully this is not indicative of the other "phoenix " mechs. Still looking forward to running about in it though, seems like it will be like hitting a needle.

Be glad they didn't use the original art from Crusher Joe, where the Locust cockpit has a giant slab of metal down the middle, with only two very tiny portholes on the side.

Posted Image

Edited by DirePhoenix, 03 October 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#18 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

I like the cockpit, it reminds me of the Y-wing's cockpit (and I suppose the X-wing's too). Great, now nostalgia is kicking in. I'm gonna have to play X-Wing/Tie Fighter or Rogue Squadron now, are you happy with yourselves PGI?! >B)

;)

But yeah, its really obtrusive, and that aesthetic won't be so appealing once I get cored because I can't see **** (sir). If you're unwilling to change the geometry of it, at least make it thinner. If you reduced thickness of all of the bars by 50%, you'd maintain the aesthetic while probably making these complaints non-existent.

#19 stinkypuppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 153 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the great plains of canada

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

the locust looks great cockpit a little tight but its manageable. i think the cockpit is with a higher FOV so you can see more of it. perhaps if the FOV is lower it will be less noticeable.

#20 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Looks like it has the Mauler cockpit syndrome

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users