• Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

Alright so here's my idea for the rebuild of my mech:

JM6-DD "Mr. Right"

It's coming from being built EXACTLY like this oddly enough:

JM6-S

The DD and the S were sharing the same design, which I redid that one too. The problem that I have with the S was fixed fairly straight forward, dropped the MGs traded the LBX for regular AC10 and made it run 4x MLs. Now, my question is this, since I cannot run four MPLs on the DD I decided on that build I just posted.

I remember I tried the 6mg 2LPL build in the past and it worked for poop, so... thoughts on this idea?

I figure that the AC20 would provide the punch needed for sure.

#2 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Hmm, interesting build. With the short ranged weapons you want speed, speed which a 270 engine doesn't deliver on, even with Tweak. I'd say drop the LPL's down to LL's and upgrade your engine to an XL300, then fill the engine with two heatsinks, that would allow for better heat management and also make you faster. Oh, and never take armor from the CT so you can fill in the legs, ever.

JM6-DD

How about that one?

The DD isn't the best chasis for a single 20 build, Firebrand and the JM6-S work best because of Firebrands ability to mount a large engine(xl340) and the 4 torso energy slots that both mechs have.

Maybe something like this...

JM6-S

#3 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

The S that I own is rocking two regular AC10s now with 4 MLs.

As far as the engine on the DD is concerned... I really didn't want to save up again for a new engine. I have a jenner that needs one faaaar worse then this.

I'm starting to see that the DD might be the worst of the jagers

#4 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

When I was grinding the Jagermech skill trees, I avoided the DD like the plague. There just wasn't any feasible build that I could get to work. I like AC's, but there is a limit to what I will do to run with an AC, and I could never get 6 AC/2's to work on paper. That would be cool though, have a 2 point gatling gun on each arm.

The way I see it, the jager fills several roles and easily swaps between them all depending on the person's playstyle. it's like the Catapult in how flexible it can be. Lots of people claim that the K2 isn't very nimble, but, I've found it the exact opposite. The K2 with a maxed XL engine and just the basic skill trees unlocked, is terribly fast and can easily duck and cover then circle around to flank. That's the mech I recommend to all players wanting to try heavies out, a K2.

When playing my Jagers, I Prefer to eaither stay back when needed then come closer to finish the match. I.E. AC/10's or UAC's paired with quad Medium lasers and a slower engine. Strike from a distance, but when your enemy closes, let them know you have a mean bite even up close. OR, go balls to the wall, and slap a 340XL in it and use it like most would play a Striker Cent. 1 AC/20 and 5 Medium lasers, when you go down, and you will, you take at least two with you. After awhile of playing the build, you get really good at lining up Scouts and hitting center mass with your AC/20, I'm surprised at how good I have gotten with it. Last night I CT'd a spider that got cocky and tried to rush passed me, one shot, one kill=)

Also, if you are saving for an engine for your Jenner, save for a 300XL so you can swap it between your Jenner and most Heavies(Jager works well with a 300) pretty easily, that, a 280xl and a 340xl are the ones I keep in my stable always so I can swap them between mechs. Also a 280STD for my Orion and 300STD for when I want to break out the founders atlas.

#5 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hell I even think that just running 4 AC2s would be enough for some serious damage!*

Oh wait, I have found that me and anything less then an AC10 don't jive well.
I was even debating just slapping two gauss rifles on their and calling it a day, but then I realize that its basically an AC15 with the weight of an AC20 after a haagen daas benge.

#6 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

I actually sat down and mathed this whole thing to death.

I put on the table the following, 2x AC10, 2x AC20, 2x Gauss and 4x AC5.

Basically, it mathed out to reveal the following:
For a 40 damage barrage, the most effective set up is four AC5s. While it is heavier, the ammo consumption rate is on par with all the other weapons, and infact it is nominally better then the others, offers the most DPS to the least amount of weight in terms of tons per one DPS, and can consume the same percentage of ammo as an AC20 would to do 40 damage but however shell it out a second faster.

Should I post a math thread?

#7 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'd be interested in reading that. My personal preference is the AC/20, because it allows for pin point accuracy, where you hit takes 20 damage. The only factor is my aim. I don't really like to 'spray and pray'.

#8 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

It's really not spray and pray. its posted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users