Project Phoenix - Last Call For Refunds On Pre-Orders

223 replies to this topic

#21 Toadkillerdog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

I just want to see how many refunds actually went through, what with all the people that sit on this forum and complain without even playing the game. So many of them screamed they were getting refunds, showing them how few, loud, and obnoxious they are would be a much deserved slap in their faces

#22 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostToadkillerdog, on 04 October 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

I just want to see how many refunds actually went through, what with all the people that sit on this forum and complain without even playing the game. So many of them screamed they were getting refunds, showing them how few, loud, and obnoxious they are would be a much deserved slap in their faces

I can say with confidence it was very few people. One of the reasons why most businesses offer such juicy refund options is because the vast majority of unsatisfied customers do not follow through on getting refunds. I believe it's called the Endowment Effect where once you own something, you inherently value it more than the price you bought it. Even with a 100% refund it still feels like a loss. Add in the extra effort to get your refund and the value difference appears even greater. We are naturally loss-averse so it's hard to ask for a full refund when in our mind it feels like a net-loss.

Ownership value + effort to procure a refund > 100% refund.

#23 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Over on facebook MWO says:

When does the offer end...Want to get in on this and payday is the 15th!
Like · Reply · 20 hours ago
Posted ImageMechWarrior Online And end date has not yet been announced. Stay tuned!

#24 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

One person claimed that he personally knew 300 people who got their refunds for the Phoenix package. Garth Erlam came back and laughed, saying the actually number was nowhere near that.

So I think we can safely say less than 300 people. Probably significantly less than 1% if I had to guess. And even then, a big chunk of those refunds came for reasons other than dissatisfaction with the game, and were reasons like "Wife saw credit card statement. Money needed for divorce lawyer."

#25 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

View Poststinkypuppy, on 04 October 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

...i was excited when i saw the project phoenix title thinking it might be something like acknowledging that the new pattern was unlocked and show concept art with it applied to a mech...

We're halfway there, if you check the Project Phoenix page, we did unlock the pattern. Not sure if it's been announced anywhere yet, but one of my buddies pointed it out to me on the forums for the Blackstar Alliance.

#26 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

I'm still not bought into Sabre. $30 for another two 55 ton Mediums - which don't seem to offer much more than my existing Kintaros or ShadowHawks - doesn't seem like a good deal.

If they added a month of Premium Time as an incentive, as they did with the Phoenix packages, I'd probably buy Sabre.

#27 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

like this?
Posted Image

#28 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Once we get this all the refunders are gonna cry so hard for not having these mechs till xmas again.

#29 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

That is fair, really fair of you guys!

#30 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 05 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Once we get this all the refunders are gonna cry so hard for not having these mechs till xmas again.

I doubt anyone that hasn't invested will have any regrets, but you might see some QQing over how "OP" these p2w mechs are! :)

#31 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

@App, 30 seems like a lot, but your getting 2 Phoenix, and 4 standard variants. 10% loyalty, 30% cbill boost, and six mech bays, plus the kewl camo for PP mechs. phoenix colors, cockpit item, and flame pattern too!

Edited by SgtMagor, 05 October 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#32 Alpha087

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

View Postsoarra, on 05 October 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

like this?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostHeffay, on 05 October 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

One person claimed that he personally knew 300 people who got their refunds for the Phoenix package. Garth Erlam came back and laughed, saying the actually number was nowhere near that.

So I think we can safely say less than 300 people. Probably significantly less than 1% if I had to guess. And even then, a big chunk of those refunds came for reasons other than dissatisfaction with the game, and were reasons like "Wife saw credit card statement. Money needed for divorce lawyer."

And why couldn't he have been lying? And the way that sentences was worded makes me suspicious ("Also there haven't been '300 refunds"). Why put the 300 into quotes? Why not outright say that there were less than 300 refunds? It's shaky I know, but with PGI...

Edited by NamesAreStupid, 05 October 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#34 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 05 October 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

And why couldn't he have been lying? And the way that sentences was worded makes me suspicious ("Also there haven't been '300 refunds"). Why put the 300 into quotes? Why not outright say that there were less than 300 refunds? It's shaky I know, but with PGI...

well in suport of PGI's statement, 299 is not 300

#35 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

I can't wait for this sale to be over with so we can hurry up and move to the "you got ripped off", "I don't care I'm happy with my mechs" portion of this love hate affair.

It's all emotions now and the only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing these mechs in my cross hairs.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 05 October 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#36 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

That would be interesting. Then we could start a "wall of shame" bounty list perhaps and hunt them in our ProPho mechs? Maybe PGI will give us extra cred or xp for hunting them down or award them a special avatar for 24 hours on the forum "Obnoxious Whining Refunder"

#37 Prince V

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationA land of cautious optimism tempered with justified skepticism.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

I must say, even though it makes a part of me sad to see something like this, I also have a great deal of respect for them in being so open and up-front about it. In my opinion, it's better to admit a fault, then to try to ignore or disguise it, which only makes people upset about the fault, AND for the perceived insult of being "treated like a fool". People are generally much more willing to forgive and look past things when the person(s) at fault admit such, rather than try to deny reality.

It's no secret that many people have misgivings about this game for many different reasons, myself included, but being so honest about when they'll be able to accommodate those people actually earns them points in my book.

Also, for the record. Overlord package here, not refunded and no intention of doing so.

tl;dr Good on PGI for being honest and accommodating. This is the kind of interaction we need.

#38 Alpha087

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostPrince V, on 05 October 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

I must say, even though it makes a part of me sad to see something like this, I also have a great deal of respect for them in being so open and up-front about it. In my opinion, it's better to admit a fault, then to try to ignore or disguise it, which only makes people upset about the fault, AND for the perceived insult of being "treated like a fool". People are generally much more willing to forgive and look past things when the person(s) at fault admit such, rather than try to deny reality.

While I do agree that it's nice to have PGI being honest about people having the ability to seek refunds, I fail to see any part of it admitting that they did anything wrong, and I don't agree the with implication that they did anything wrong either. What about the Phoenix packages are not correct in delivering what they claim you're paying for?

#39 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Since PGI won't be transparent with the numbers we won't ever know the solid truth.

However, I can personally confirm 25 Phoenix pack refunds amongst my crew. We aren't an incredibly big group and with that number multiplied by many other units I'd say 300 probably is a low number to guess on how many actually got returned.

#40 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 05 October 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Since PGI won't be transparent with the numbers we won't ever know the solid truth.

However, I can personally confirm 25 Phoenix pack refunds amongst my crew. We aren't an incredibly big group and with that number multiplied by many other units I'd say 300 probably is a low number to guess on how many actually got returned.

i can account for 5 or 6 from my guys that did it, some kept it in hopes it gets better

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users