55 replies to this topic

#1 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts
  • Locationhaliburton, ON. CANADA

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Sometimes I want to rip the head from the pilot that just killed me. I want to yell foul and cheat and noob. But I know. That is not what we are. We are not cheats. We are not foul. We are not noobs. We are the the most dangerous weapons in the universe and we will do what it takes to win. Or kill. Or damage.
We are Mechwarriors. We respect the power of skill and experience. We understand and acknowledge the limitations of our own builds, and the builds of others. We strive to exploit the limitations of other builds but do not find fault in the builder.
Your death, in-theatre, may be painful. It may be embarrassing. It may have been fast and without reward. But. Your demise will move you and your lance; your company. The world. To a greater experience. It will make you a better pilot.
DO not devalue the skill of your foe or the experiences of your lancemates by demeaning them. By trespassing into a tirade of unfair verbal attacks in your communications. You demand more respect than that. We have all earned more respect than that.
Be wary, be prepared, be understanding and be helpful.
That is all.

#2 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

*reads post*
*sees signature*
*quietly leaves*

#3 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

hey. don't blame me for my grandmother's thought on your appearance. i love you man.

#4 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postbindletorc, on 28 September 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Sometimes I want to rip the head from the pilot that just killed me. I want to yell foul and cheat and noob. But I know. That is not what we are. We are not cheats. We are not foul. We are not noobs. We are the the most dangerous weapons in the universe and we will do what it takes to win. Or kill. Or damage.
We are Mechwarriors. We respect the power of skill and experience. We understand and acknowledge the limitations of our own builds, and the builds of others. We strive to exploit the limitations of other builds but do not find fault in the builder.
Your death, in-theatre, may be painful. It may be embarrassing. It may have been fast and without reward. But. Your demise will move you and your lance; your company. The world. To a greater experience. It will make you a better pilot.
DO not devalue the skill of your foe or the experiences of your lancemates by demeaning them. By trespassing into a tirade of unfair verbal attacks in your communications. You demand more respect than that. We have all earned more respect than that.
Be wary, be prepared, be understanding and be helpful.
That is all.

Relax. It's a game.

People take insults WAY too personally in this game. How exactly does it hurt you to simply ignore it?

#5 Shaftronics

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

You should be preaching this to the people who rant against Premade parties.

Its totally my fault that I have friends I wanna play with and communicate with voice with to maximize my chance of winning with.

#6 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 28 September 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Relax. It's a game.

People take insults WAY too personally in this game. How exactly does it hurt you to simply ignore it?

Wow. I take that personally I think I am going to ignore it. Consider you ignored..

#7 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

What I am trying to say here is ... take the high road. No offence to mine or anyone's grandmother. When you are in game, or here really, Be respectful.

#8 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

or your can yell surat and dezgra... try it... it's kosher...

btw, SURAT SURAT SURAT

DEZGRA DEZGRA DEZGRA!!!

#9 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

View Postbindletorc, on 28 September 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

Wow. I take that personally I think I am going to ignore it. Consider you ignored..

LOL

Ignoring is always an option. Both here and in game. It is a much better option than complaining.

#10 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 28 September 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

LOL

Ignoring is always an option. Both here and in game. It is a much better option than complaining.

There's a difference between complaining about something and working to make said thing less common.

#11 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 28 September 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

There's a difference between complaining about something and working to make said thing less common.

roger that

#12 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 28 September 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

LOL

/sigh

Every time I start to consider putting this guy on my ignore list, he posts something like this.

No offense Sadistic - but I think we clash more than we align :)

#13 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

I usually start off being friendly, saying glhf/gg, helping the noobies and chatting with the team. 10 games in, the matchmaker has ****** me over 5 times, and the nice guy routine just goes. You can preach all you want, being friendly won't fix the programming.

BTW, the only actual ignore function in the ******* game is leaving a match. BTDT.

#14 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 28 September 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

There is no way to make it less common without preventing people from speaking freely. I don't think you should have a veto on what I am allowed to say.

Chat is very easy to ignore. I think people make it into a much bigger deal than it really is.

#15 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 28 September 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

/sigh

Every time I start to consider putting this guy on my ignore list, he posts something like this.

No offense Sadistic - but I think we clash more than we align ;)

I really don't say that stuff to troll...in my view, I am talking to him like an adult. I don't think people should be coddled. I think it is condescending to do that.

People with delicate sensibilities should just turn chat off and ignore it. The way the game is set up, it is easy to do. I have to actively pay attention to read chat in game. I have never read it by accident.

#16 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 01 October 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

People with delicate sensibilities should just turn chat off and ignore it. The way the game is set up, it is easy to do.

How, exactly, do you turn the chat off?

#17 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostModo44, on 01 October 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

How, exactly, do you turn the chat off?

Ignore it. It is tiny text up in the corner.

It amazes me that people can be this petty. Is this really such a big deal?

#18 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 01 October 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

Ignore it. It is tiny text up in the corner.

So you can't. Thanks.

View PostSadistic Savior, on 01 October 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

It amazes me that people can be this petty. Is this really such a big deal?

It amazes me how you can ignore the ******* while reading the sometimes crucial team chat.

Edited by Modo44, 01 October 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#19 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostModo44, on 01 October 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

It amazes me how you can ignore the ******* while reading the sometimes crucial team chat.

I guess it just comes with being an adult.

#20 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

If only I could get into a game to forget about all the **** I have to take from people I work/live with. Noo, says the *******, I'm gonna follow you there, too, make sure youre "an adult" all the ******* time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users