- - - - -

Report Bad Behaviour

98 replies to this topic

#1 Guntherstreiker

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hello,

I would like to know where is the section to report bad behaviour to pgi ?

During a game, i was changing the composition of the team as allowed since last patch, to make our assaults beeing in the same squad.

Then i have been insulted and team killed by 2 players because they were on TS.

I find the kind of behaviour very bad and those guys should be banned for a time, just to learn them good manneers.

Regards.

Edited by Guntherstreiker, 06 October 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#2 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Gunther, never Name and Shame players, or you'll wind up being moderated yourself, as per http://mwomercs.com/...arrior-justice/

Email support@mwomercs.com directly or submit a ticket through http://mwomercs.com/support/ticket/new

I suggest you edit your post immediately to omit the offending pilots' names. Just in case :D

#3 Guntherstreiker

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Thx m8. Edited.

#4 plural boink

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

hello gunther,

changing the composition of the teams can be very annoying for the player involved. in a nutshell :

1. a premade group dropped into game means to do one thing; they wanna be in a lance together. taking that away from them and forcing them to be with others are not nice things to do.

2. even if its tolerated, youve now made it harder for a coordinated lance to remain coordinated by reducing their situational awareness. (colour coding is different between team and lance yeah?)

3. unless youre ALL on comms and coordinated, by all means rearrange.

ive been rearranged before and i can tell you its annoying to say the least. i got picked on afterwards for bringing it up too for requesting to be put back with my mates.

my opinion? premades should be locked into a lance, like battlefield where you can choose public or private squads.

youll never see an end to bad behaviour on the internet buddy, just be patient.

#5 Embalmed

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIn ashes

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostGuntherstreiker, on 06 October 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Hello,

I would like to know where is the section to report bad behaviour to pgi ?

During a game, i was changing the composition of the team as allowed since last patch, to make our assaults beeing in the same squad.

Then i have been insulted and team killed by 2 players because they were on TS.

I find the kind of behaviour very bad and those guys should be banned for a time, just to learn them good manneers.

Regards.

I was in a drop with a lance full of friends, and some guy in a victor kept moving me around. He relinquished leadership and my friend moved me back. Upon start, the guy alpha struck my friend's leg. While I am rather fond of the sarcasm, I tend to scale it back in this game, so I doubt I was being singled out for something other than being one guy in an all Steiner lance. Anyways, moral of the story... communicate your intent, or prepare for someone to strip your armor.

#6 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

oh because the commander can transfer you to the enemy team....

there was a time where separate lance colors did not exist and that fancy little table didn't either...

if you are a premade in comms - TALK to each other... irregardless of what lance you get dropped in...

at the end of the day if a puggie commander groups your premade right (assaults with assaults / lights with lights) overall teamwork will improve... and not just your widdle 4-man

#7 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

i use my eyes to find my team mates :P:D

im unsure why so many people are getting so fussed about grouping or getting out of group.

#8 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

or you can use your mouth (since your are in comms anyway)...

non-tryhard way

Lost Atlas: he guys where you at?
4-Man Phract: B5 dude, haul @$$...
Lost Atlas: yah omw

try-hard way

Lost Atlas: Strike Leader what is your position?
4-Man Phract: In Bravo Fife, North West Orientation.. What is your ETA?
Lost Atlas: 30 seconds out approaching from South West nearby grids no contact.

#9 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

or you can leave the lance alone, so all they have to do is glance into the upper left corner to tell what sector their mates are in, and also what % their health is at.

#10 MitzaVolchenko

• Pip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

I tend to ask nicely to be put back where I belong.

When polite fails, I ignore it.

When polite elicits nastiness in response, I consider it 10k c-bills well spent.

#11 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Or maybe ask before you start arranging lances. That is also considered good manners.

#12 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 06 October 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

or you can leave the lance alone, so all they have to do is glance into the upper left corner to tell what sector their mates are in, and also what % their health is at.

View PostMitzaVolchenko, on 06 October 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

I tend to ask nicely to be put back where I belong. When polite fails, I ignore it. When polite elicits nastiness in response, I consider it 10k c-bills well spent.

View PostDuppie1974, on 07 October 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

Or maybe ask before you start arranging lances. That is also considered good manners.

then 4-man should take the initiative of command and start working with their pugs better.

don't get upset when a puggie commander tries his best.

or you can play 12s so you are sure nobody re-arranges the lances

or wait until [redacted] decides to show premades in the drop screen

Edited by Egomane, 07 October 2013 - 07:17 AM.
CoC violation

#13 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

TKing people over getting moved around is pretty juvenile to say the least. Communication is key;

If you are premade and dont want to be moved, say so.
If you want to take command and move people, ask first.

My team and I are on comms and we always work the way Mycrus described, even if we are in the same lance together. If we are a mixed group of mechs with no specific role assigned builds then we have nothing against being sorted with other mechs if it is for some advantage to the team. Having the leaders of 2 or 3 role specific lances on coms can be a real advantage sometimes if the lance follows that leader.

It's fun to let people try their hand at leadership. If they do well we all benefit, if not we ignore the commands, that easy. By taking command and "blocking" others you are denying people the chance to try leadership out or denying people that are good leaders from helping the team out.

If you get trolled report the offender. Every TK hurts your team. Though I have to admit I smile every time when that one guy that cant contain his joy-fire and shoots his team mates at the start of the game gets TKed into the dirt.

That being said, premade lances should probably just announce themselves to the team at the beginning of the match to make matters clear.

#14 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostMagnakanus, on 07 October 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

That being said, premade lances should probably just announce themselves to the team at the beginning of the match to make matters clear.

I have recently taken to trying to rearrange the lances to encourage more teamwork, as suggested (lights w/ lights etc.)
I usually try to ask if anyone minds before doing so - sometimes I forget, and when the premades get upset, I apologize to them.
(usually do not put them back myself, but I give up command right after, and invite them to do it - once I've spotted the enemy its a bit late for me to be rearranging the list... usually)

But when they say nothing when I ask - and then get upset when I rearrange?
That is not cool.

The one time [NotSayingWho-YouKnowWhoYouAre] blew my little Commando to kingdom come THEN yelled at me for doing it?
That is VERY not cool.

#15 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Funny thing is you could rearrange people before this last patch. People didnt do it because they were to busy fighting.

#16 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

original poster, while you being insulted and team killed is a shame, perhaps you and everyone should ask someone if they would mind changing lances before you try and dictate who goes where.
because of this me and everyone in my merc unit will always grab the command first so you can't mess around with our units

#17 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostMycrus, on 06 October 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

or you can use your mouth (since your are in comms anyway)...

non-tryhard way

Lost Atlas: he guys where you at?
4-Man Phract: B5 dude, haul @$$...
Lost Atlas: yah omw

try-hard way

Lost Atlas: Strike Leader what is your position?
4-Man Phract: In Bravo Fife, North West Orientation.. What is your ETA?
Lost Atlas: 30 seconds out approaching from South West nearby grids no contact.

yeah not like seeing which of your lance mates is in most need of assistance is important right? not having them show up green on your minimap isn't a hindrance is it?
all it takes for a "try hard" commander is to ask if said lance would mind being moved around instead of just presuming and doing it without permission. i hope they add a feature to lock premades together

#18 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostMitzaVolchenko, on 06 October 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

I tend to ask nicely to be put back where I belong.

When polite fails, I ignore it.

When polite elicits nastiness in response, I consider it 10k c-bills well spent.

The first two I abide by, though at the start of a match I'll name my lance and that we do not want to be rearranged.

Then ask to be put back.

I don't go so far as the last step; it's cheaper to use that person as an LRM-shield.

#19 Toffa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAn unknown, back-water planet of the IS

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

OP,

I saw that match.

You were asked several times to put those players back.

You ignored these multiple requests.

You got yourself killed for your ignorance.

My 2c

Toffs

#20 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostToffa, on 07 October 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

OP,

I saw that match.

You were asked several times to put those players back.

You ignored these multiple requests.

You got yourself killed for your ignorance.

My 2c

Toffs

But but but but but... I'm company COMMANDER!!! I can do WHATEVER I want! 4 man drops - what are those? I'm a COMMANDER! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users