Official Developer Update

690 replies to this topic

#661 Knight82

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

i5 should be enough, depends on Grafic Chip, but on a i5 laptop the onboard chip should be strong enough for lowest grafic options.

Edited by Knight82, 13 September 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#662 Hellsmurf

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

hi all,

MechWarrior Online Recommended System Spec are 100% of my computers dxdiag file ...

but please, piranha, don't tell people gtx285 is ideal ... it's simply getting too hot after some games & mwo crashes without any error or warning (just freezing mwo, have to kill thread & restart after 30 minutes)

and i just installed better heatsinks on it & a stronger fan to be able running mwo at all ... before the freezings already occured during menus

sincerely yours,

hellsmurf

#663 Rippthrough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

That's not usually the fault of the game though is it?

#664 Freyzen

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 53 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

thanx 4 the sweet updates.

#665 Mordynak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 374 posts
  • LocationThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostHellsmurf, on 20 September 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

hi all,

MechWarrior Online Recommended System Spec are 100% of my computers dxdiag file ...

but please, piranha, don't tell people gtx285 is ideal ... it's simply getting too hot after some games & mwo crashes without any error or warning (just freezing mwo, have to kill thread & restart after 30 minutes)

and i just installed better heatsinks on it & a stronger fan to be able running mwo at all ... before the freezings already occured during menus

sincerely yours,

hellsmurf

Sounds like your computers about knackered. Or atleast your GPU is.

Im running an nvidia 260 and the temps are great. So is the performance.

And the crashing after playing for an hour or so is likely due to memory leaks. Although if i quit a match half way through by clicking exit game, instead of exit match, the game does need to be stopped via the task manager.

Edited by Mordynak, 21 October 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#666 Squarefox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostSakuranoSenshi, on 07 September 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

Honestly? I think it is an easy field. Although it rather depends what you consider CS, as the term is quite broad now. I know people with CS degrees who gained them for basically learning to program in Java, which I don't consider to really be 'Computer Science' at all. Anyway. way off topic.

You don't get a CS degree for learning to programm Java. That's far from the truth. You learn many basics and theories how these things actually work. And you learn multiple programming languages as well. Basically you should know how to programm in any programming language after a short time.
In CS you get to know all about computers (not to the maximum level of course), from A to Z. Java is just the J in the alphabet...

Edited by Squarefox, 25 October 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#667 Samura444

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

ППЦ.а где сома игруха.где скочать???

#668 SakuranoSenshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostSquarefox, on 25 October 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

You don't get a CS degree for learning to programm Java. That's far from the truth. You learn many basics and theories how these things actually work. And you learn multiple programming languages as well. Basically you should know how to programm in any programming language after a short time.
In CS you get to know all about computers (not to the maximum level of course), from A to Z. Java is just the J in the alphabet...

Ideally, sure. In practice, not so much. That's rather the point of my comment and it's not really on topic for this thread so...

#669 Michael Freeman

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

I thought the OPEN beta was out today, ive either checked to early or ive been misinformed, please enlighten me..also why arent tte clans playable factions? CLAN WOLF FOR LIFE!!!

#670 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

Clans arent playable factions until sometime next year. The inner sphere game goes in first sometime in the next 3 to 4 months or so.

-k

#671 Kalten Siduri

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

Open Beta is today - but not today based on GMT time zone....it will be based on Eastern America time as the servers are based in that zone.

I'd expect to see the patch go live about 8pm-ish GMT tonight (don't quote me!)

Edited by Kalten Siduri, 29 October 2012 - 06:54 AM.

#672 Ashrat

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

when do this open beta starts??
if u want many ppl playing it !! fire ur Promotion men!!

Where can i download the game?

Edited by Ashrat, 29 October 2012 - 07:54 AM.

#673 Michael Freeman

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

View PostKalten Siduri, on 29 October 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

Open Beta is today - but not today based on GMT time zone....it will be based on Eastern America time as the servers are based in that zone.

I'd expect to see the patch go live about 8pm-ish GMT tonight (don't quote me!)

well i live in WV so i wont be to far from the servers. yay for a good connection

#674 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

here come the ******** clanfanboys...there has to be a way to skip over threads about that garbage can they all love

#675 Stickbender

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostAshrat, on 29 October 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

when do this open beta starts??
if u want many ppl playing it !! fire ur Promotion men!!

Where can i download the game?

Time zones man, time zones! :)

#676 Hunwulf

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Call me crazy, but i thought premium time for founders wouldn't start ticking till we hit some sort of "yes do eet!!" button, is this a bug or is it intended?

#677 ball0fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 178 posts
  • LocationQLD australia

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

they giving us that button next patch

#678 Hunwulf

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Ah gotcha, plus i just found an older post with a "do not panic" note in it. Thx mate.

#679 Kingdok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationon your six...

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostDrnkJawa, on 29 October 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

here come the ******** clanfanboys...there has to be a way to skip over threads about that garbage can they all love

I've been hearing mumbles and grumbles about the 'Clanners', the 'rabid Clanners', and even the '#*&^$&@! grief-sucking dirty little ****** Clanners from $%^#" for a week now, since we heard the Open Beta was coming. What is that about? I understand that lots of people are still playing earlier versions of MW which include the Clan tech. But why all the rolled eyes and 'oh no, they are coming to wreck our game' predictions?

I did a little research on the Goon Swarm after getting my gyro handed to me by a Goon team last month (along with all the taunts, abuse, and general unpleasantness that came with it). I don't know where to begin on the dreaded Clanner crowd.

Am I missing some forum threads that already address this MWO cultural issue?

#680 gbrown

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

View PostKingdok, on 31 October 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

I've been hearing mumbles and grumbles about the 'Clanners', the 'rabid Clanners', and even the '#*&^$&@! grief-sucking dirty little ****** Clanners from $%^#" for a week now, since we heard the Open Beta was coming. What is that about? I understand that lots of people are still playing earlier versions of MW which include the Clan tech. But why all the rolled eyes and 'oh no, they are coming to wreck our game' predictions?

I did a little research on the Goon Swarm after getting my gyro handed to me by a Goon team last month (along with all the taunts, abuse, and general unpleasantness that came with it). I don't know where to begin on the dreaded Clanner crowd.

Am I missing some forum threads that already address this MWO cultural issue?

Don't worry. Yes there is a whole subculture out there who are clan fans, and they can be rabid (just like the Clan was in the books and previous games). Many of them are also very good at the game. The reason is, they have a lot of time on their hands to read the back-story and have played all of the previous versions including the tabletop game.
Like Star Trek or Star Wars fans there are different degrees of fans. Some are casual players and some extend into role-play and it becomes a major part of their life. Nothing wrong with that, most of us just don't have time, but it also extends to them having more time to play and work as a team as they join factions that train together.
From what I've read the clans and clan tech are not supposed to appear for a while (maybe a year or so), so don't sweat it yet.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users