Crimson Strait "ramps Of Doom"

9 replies to this topic

#1 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

Apologies if this has already been raised, but I have searched the topics to see if it has and haven't come across it.

Now I agree that Crimson Strait is one of the better maps and seems to have been received well by the community, but I'm making this topic to bring attention to what could be considered a glitch in the map which I've named the "ramps of doom". I'm talking about the ramps at the center platform that go up to the upper level. I'm sure I can't be the only person here to have witnessed it as I've seen it happen about 5 times now, but mechs can slip and get wedged between the ramp and the platform near the top and once this happens, the poor victim is stuck for good. Once even, the last enemy mech got wedged and "bugged out" whereby the active players still alive on my team could not see the wedged mech for some reason while the spectators could. We spectators were trying to tell the players left that the enemy mech was right there on the ramp, but they couldn't see him/her. It was quite frustrating (but pretty funny at the same time).

Although I've never fell victim to the ramps of doom myself, I've seen it occur perhaps too many times now and I think it needs to be addressed. Otherwise, Crimson is overall a good map.

#2 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

<clap>...<clap>...<clap>...........................................................................<clap>

I have seen it as well

Edited by Mutaroc, 10 October 2013 - 07:02 AM.

#3 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

Put in a bug report about it. New maps often have sticky points and with Crimson being so big we will probably be finding them for a while.

And don't let the trolls get to you. It may not be beta anymore, but reporting bugs is still a noble exercise.

#4 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

This used to happen on River City, at the feet of the pillars for the bridge to upper city.

I still see pebbles stopping atlases dead in their tracks. ;) Collision is OP.

#5 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostOzric, on 10 October 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Put in a bug report about it. New maps often have sticky points and with Crimson being so big we will probably be finding them for a while.

I'm aware that maps have glitchy spots around them (I've gotten stuck on the ramp in River City), but the reason I felt this particular spot on Crimson needs to be raised is that it's in such a focal spot. The ramps are 2 major access points to what is essentially the centre-point and probably most focal area in the map (the upper-platform). If it was in some obscure place in an out-of-the-way area of the map, I wouldn't bother trying to bring attention to it (as I said, I know glitchy spots exist in other maps as I've gotten stuck in one before). But this is smack bang in the middle of a major spot of the map and players are getting stuck quite regularly because of this.

#6 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

So far I feel Crimson is a fine map, with lots of tactical spots. The upper/lower decks, the tunnel, the hill over the top near there, the open water, the island out there, and some city cover.

Too bad, every pug I have been in decided to march to the center of the double decker and wait for the enemy so they can face hug. This isnt a map defficiency, although in the future I hope PGI sees a heat map and puts features like this a little over to the edges and puts the open areas in the middle more. Let the death marchers walk into the open area and die, maybe they will learn to be more tactical and use the map. Might be wishful thinking though.

#7 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

send in a report to support. I've sent one in as I've seen it as well. I'm sure they're aware of it at this point though

#8 August55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

My victor has been stuck in those ramps before as well. It's funny when you die eventually they suddenly slip through like butter.

Edited by August55, 15 October 2013 - 06:19 AM.

#9 Kevin Meek

• 17 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

Thanks guys!

The one in E3 POS: 1738.6 1967.1 235.0 will be fixed for live in today's patch, there is another in D4
(POS: 2349 - 3107 - 211) that is better now, but the full fix unfortunately just missed the integration and wont be live until next patch.

#10 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

Props for the response. I think if even once a month a Dev came into the sewers of the forums to address topics it would be received very well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users