52 replies to this topic

#41 MetalJunky

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

It may be tempting to compare or refer to WOT in as far us MECH tiering..or XP building for mechwarior on line is concerned. I do suspect that the premium Mechs are farmer mechs..reasonable fighting unit with lots of C boosts to earn each game. I also noted that WOT feeds on players insatiable quest for supremacy, so they build more tanks, more Skills for crews etc, and in the process lure players to play more and pay more.

This might be a good blueprint for MECHWARRIOr ONline. One thing i am sure of, the premium Mechs should never be and end all, most supreme of all Mechs. Since MEchs performance and role will be greatly determined by its pilots, the way enhance skills will likely be through KIts, weaponry, countermeasures, reconnaisance add ons that can be had by experience/Cboosts earned or by conversion.

Well, they must've already figured this one out, but this is a shout out to the developers to be very creative in the game enhancements so that excitement and thrill (feeding gamers thirst) and moneymaking (for the developers, play a good balance.

Looking forward to getting the founders PACKAGE.

#42 arrrgh

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

My impression, again, ready to be corrected, was that there was going to be a small difference in hardpoints for founders mechs.

ie standard mech might have 5 energy and 2 missile weapon slots. The founders might have 4 and 3 etc.
So, not more powerful, but slightly different.

On a side note, is it just me, or does this sites "keep me logged in' checkbox rather useless. I have to relogin all the damm time.

#43 The Fridge

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

View Postarrrgh, on 16 June 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

On a side note, is it just me, or does this sites "keep me logged in' checkbox rather useless. I have to relogin all the damm time.

Yes, this is an issue, but i'm willing to deal with it if it means they're focusing on more important issues... like beta development.

#44 Farseli

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

I have never played WoT. I was just hoping that the founder mech would be just like a normal mech except for the bonuses on it. That's what I'm expecting for my money. At the very least, not worse in any way from a normal mech.

#45 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

they said they would be releasing more info on the founders pack before release, and considering their yet to do so ide assume their going to do it today, hopefully....

#46 Sierra19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

Well, if they make the Founder's mechs totally upgradeable on top of the permanent c-bill boost, I'll be totally blown away, as I'd hardly want to run anything else, after I get it kitted out properly. Maybe I'd run one of my other mechs now and again for fun, but if the Founder's mech is a regular, upgradeable mech with extra money making potential, I found my primary ride!

#47 Farseli

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBellevue, WA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

Well, looking at the 4 mechs they posted during the info dump about the package, none of those 4 mechs are what I really like to play as. If those are the only choices of a Founder's mech. I know I'll use it some, but it probably won't be my main. Where is my sniper mech?? Between this and MMLL though I really can't complain too much.

#48 TunaR

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

Any thoughts on getting VARIANTS of the founder's mechs? There's been some discussion of considering the Founders versions variants in and of themselves do to the cash booster functionality, but from having played other games, I have always thought that the Founders mechs would just include say a 5% increase in cash at the end of the game without being otherwise differentiated.

That being said, FOUNDERS VARIANTS? I am considering going Catapult, but someone who got to play test at E3 said that it was pretty under powered. While the numbers will still be most definitely tweaked, I would really like to get the laser Catapult. It suits my play style better, and I've always liked the look of it more.

TL;DR variants of Founders mechs? Namely swapping Catapult for Laserpult?

View PostFarseli, on 16 June 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Well, looking at the 4 mechs they posted during the info dump about the package, none of those 4 mechs are what I really like to play as. If those are the only choices of a Founder's mech. I know I'll use it some, but it probably won't be my main. Where is my sniper mech?? Between this and MMLL though I really can't complain too much.

Just posted then saw your relevant comment. I'm in the same situation, being a scouter and sniper. Since there's no Raven in the Founders pool (tears were shed), I'm considering the Catapult, but the laser variant would be much better suited for sniping. Any thoughts/news of getting variants of the Founders mechs?

View PostThe Fridge, on 16 June 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

Yes, this is an issue, but i'm willing to deal with it if it means they're focusing on more important issues... like beta development.

This. Thought I was the only one that didn't get kept logged in, and was sweating my beta chances because of it.

#49 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Imo, they should also make the mechs cosmetic (allow me to explain)
They should give us the promised mechs, but after we get rid of that variant, we should be alowed to have a cosmetic system to use the modified look of, lets say the founder catapult, on a laser catapult variant, just with lasers instead of launchers.

#50 Sierra19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

That was the whole reason I made this thread again,as I'd like an official answer to this. Personally I'd be fine if the Founder's mech was a hardwired variant of the stock model. And if someone thought that 2 LRM 20's were underpowered, they were expecting something this game won't deliver. I seriously doubt that there will be many, if any one-shot kills in this game. In WoT, arty can one-shot you, if they hit you right. Now granted, I one-shotted a Ceaser with my Centurion's LRM 10 in the TT game, using floating crits. I had one missile hit and kill the pilot in the cockpit, but I'm hoping that will be a fairly rare occurrence in this game. Because it'll suck the fun right out of it, if someone can snipe you in the cockpit, and one-shot you regularly.

#51 Valatar

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Catapults are dual LRM-15s, not 20s. But yeah, being able to modify the loadout of a 'founder's mech' would not be the least overpowered, since you're still stuck with the chassis. So unless your favorite mech happens to be one of those four models, you aren't gonna be piloting it constantly in any event. And given that the difference in the founder's mechs don't involve a single combat advantage, I really don't care. If it was something along the lines of founder's mechs having double heat sinks, THEN you would see me sharpening a pitchfork. As it is, they just have a different paint job and give some bonus cash, no big deal.

#52 KageRyuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostArisaema, on 16 June 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

The founders mech with the cbill boost will most likely be like the tier 7 tanks in WOT that you buy for Gold (cash). the Lowe is an example. these are not upgradable and you simply use this tank for cash farming. You can certainly not play any other tank, but if you want to do the clan battles, you need a tier 9/10 tank.

This will most likely be the way that mwo does it. Sure you can play your Founders mech all the time, but your pilot will not get experience piloting other mechs

No, just no.

First of all, there's no Tiers in MechWarrior, they may institute Battle Value to ensure even power level on each team, but again, no Tiers ala WoT.

Second of all, if the Mech is completely un-upgradable, then what's the point in having it? Beause all 4 of the stated Founder BattleMechs are Introduction level rules set on the TT, meaning, fairly weak when compared to a slightly upgraded model.

Lastly, unlike WoT where a Tier 1 has no chance in hell of damaging a Tier 10, a Commando can damage an Atlas, and may even destroy one if the pilot is smart about it.

So in the future, keep the WoT analogies to an absolute minimum.

Edited by KageRyuu, 16 June 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#53 KageRyuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostValatar, on 16 June 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Catapults are dual LRM-15s, not 20s. But yeah, being able to modify the loadout of a 'founder's mech' would not be the least overpowered, since you're still stuck with the chassis. So unless your favorite mech happens to be one of those four models, you aren't gonna be piloting it constantly in any event. And given that the difference in the founder's mechs don't involve a single combat advantage, I really don't care. If it was something along the lines of founder's mechs having double heat sinks, THEN you would see me sharpening a pitchfork. As it is, they just have a different paint job and give some bonus cash, no big deal.

What's wrong with Double Heat Sinks? It's not like it's lost tech, anyone can get it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users