What's Your Average Damage?

43 replies to this topic

#41 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

My Metal baby brings all the boys to the yard.....

Posted Image

#42 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'll share some stats as an average PUG'er. I have a total of 4187 Matches Played since I started.
Here's some data from my Mech Stats page. I've tried at least 36 (to maybe 40+) different mechs so far, and some were from before stats were tracked.

So from the 2887 matches from the Mech Stats page: avg DMG 244.45, W/L 1.25, KDR 1.24

Broken down:
Spoiler

Edit: Grammar & format

Edited by Praetor Shepard, 14 October 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#43 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Wow. I.... have played a lot.

Some of my mech stats are good, others not so... but i'm hip deep in one of the 7 deadly sins with this one, as I worked hard to make what many consider to be the fat metal albatross of MWO (yet my favourite mech) reasonably viable:

Posted Image

The decimal points are important, as it's a battle to eke every micron of damage out of this behemoth. People that couldn't hit a barn door can practice doing so by landing hits on an Awesome. The numbers were quite a bit higher at around the 500-600 match mark (around 480ish), but that may have been inflated by the evil of PPC's when they were pooping in everyone's cereal.

It has fallen substantially to it's current numbers since ghost heat was introduced. Not a hard mechanic to get to grips with, but it disrupts the flow of battle quite a bit when put into practice on a pure energy boat, especially one that really relies on big hitting energy points like the Awesome.

#44 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Average damage doesn't really chart contribution to the match. It can be an interesting stat-monger study, but it says very little about what you contribute. Honestly, when I see people with one kill and 1200 damage, I wonder why the hell they can't aim. Concentrated, intentional damage is WAY more important that total damage--but it's impossible to track. I once had 7 kills with about 180 damage done (and only a couple were KS I swear!), while I've done about 1000 with no kills in a loss. Spread damage isn't actually that useful to your team--it will net you XP and cbills, but not a win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users