4 replies to this topic

#1 Cody Machado

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • Locationnomad

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

So hey! im in a area where i will have bad internet no matter what so right now i dont have ionternet where i live. so thus i can only play mwo when i take delta (my amd based tower) to feirnds or family. so for people like me can you make mwo to play offline? and to make it so you can do stuff add something so that people can make missions for solo play.
think about it, the community could add so many story misson adding to the play time of the game sure you can only buy stuff with c-bills but hey i can atleast play the game.

so if you, th dev can do this it would be awesome. thanks for your time

Cody Machado of house stenier
(ex) 5th royal gaurd

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

ok if nobody else is going to do it.............. uhm MW Online? Hopefully this will answer the request and be the end of it. I understand your pain but uhm it's an online game.........

#3 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Offline / Solo play has been asked for since the forums opened and PGI has said no. But what would it take to make an offline game? A lot of money and a change in game design.

#4 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

There is an easy solution to OP problem.

Get Mechwarrior 4, possibly with addons. Graphics are not awfully bad even by modern standards. And, game mechanics, missions, story and arsenal are all much greater than what MWO could achieve with many months, if not years, of development of any single-player mode (even if developers would try to make one, which they most likely won't).

I'd recommend mechwarrior 3 too, but it's very difficult to find nowadays, and it is difficult to launch on modern systems. Worse graphics, but some game mechanics in Mechwarrior 3 are better than similar mechanics of Mechwarrior 3. Still, if you can get Mechwarrior 3 running stable, and don't mind somewhat worse (than Mechwarrior 4) graphics, then by all means try this one too. Might be massive fun for hundreds hours, both of those games.

Cheers!

#5 Cody Machado

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • Locationnomad

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostHexenhammer, on 14 October 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Offline / Solo play has been asked for since the forums opened and PGI has said no. But what would it take to make an offline game? A lot of money and a change in game design.

yeah witch most of that money was what i threw at it. and realy it wouldnt have to change any thing. ceep it as it is, (pay irl money for hero mechs paint and skins) but just ad ai to the testing grounds.

"missions" dont change how the pvp is. and if people want story "missions" we can just do that our selfs. seeing as how CryEngine3 is free for none commercial use (i.e mods! oh my god mods!) just look at tf2 what you by with reall money is hats while people make there own maps and stuff.

so all the devs do is makes it so it's like, yeah thats this dudes profile, i know becouse he singed on last time. now that your there in offline all there is, is the "missons" and only the stuff you can buy with cbills. the devs almost have to do nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users