Pgi Be Trolling - Spider

39 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowSpirit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

... spider as a trial mech. Really? Knowing full well how screwed up the hit boxes are on that mech?

Pssst. Beta test is over. Fix it.

#2 Jasonp31

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:10 AM

Fix bugs? When there are more players we can con out of their money for this beta test of a game? Why? Greed overrules everything.

#3 John Wolf

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

Maybe the Spider as a trial mech is to get more playtest data to address the problem or get more feedback data? :angry:

#4 Spokig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn the top, As always.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

View PostJohn Wolf, on 07 October 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Maybe the Spider as a trial mech is to get more playtest data to address the problem or get more feedback data? :angry:

THATS JUST... That only... damn it that actually makes sense...

#5 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

Spider should have been pulled weeks ago. The amount of abuse this single mech causes due to its crappy hitbox has made more people I know quit than any other.

#6 ShadowSpirit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • 341 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostJohn Wolf, on 07 October 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Maybe the Spider as a trial mech is to get more playtest data to address the problem or get more feedback data? :D

Playtest in production? After that super awesome launch? Surely, you jest.

Edited by ShadowSpirit, 07 October 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#7 Karazyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostElectron Junkie, on 07 October 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Spider should have been pulled weeks ago. The amount of abuse this single mech causes due to its crappy hitbox has made more people I know quit than any other.

dude it has 3 weapons, if your getting owned by a mech that can fit at most 1 ll and 2 ml you need to think about your life.

i will admit its broken but its hardly game breaking, more just irritating.

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

It's going to be sold in a week from now (upcoming patch day), so it's intentional.

#9 ShadowSpirit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • 341 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 07 October 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

It's going to be sold in a week from now (upcoming patch day), so it's intentional.

Phase 1 - Release Bug
Phase 2 - ??? (Do nothing?)
Phase 3 - Profit

Nice ... I see we're subscribing to the South Park method of commercialization.

Edited by ShadowSpirit, 07 October 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#10 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Buy our new Champion Spider! It is impervious to enemy fire! Get your MC here!

A week later: we fixed the Spider, but here comes the Locust!

#11 Bad Andy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:57 AM

more playtest data? Let me enlighten you to what anyone who has been shooting at spiders the past few months can see: the hitboxes, especially the side torsos are way too small compared to the model.

#12 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

And there's a gap in the middle...

#13 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Divine
  • The Divine
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

See a lot people saying how all- powerful the spider is hitboxes broken etc etc. It seems that you want mechs going 151kph to be easily killed. It seems that should be point click and do full damage. Here is what I encountered lately piloting a spider. I get rewound 6 times when I jump 5 mechs to distract. The rewind puts me from turning the corner around abuilding to right back in front of the mechs so they can shoot me each time = I die. I use my jump jets to evade enemy oh wait hit ledge while a new person targets me locking me in place for 5 seconds get shot to hell I again die. I get past hill or building and think finally safe. 3 seconds after the fact a large laser magically remove my leg through the hill or wall and no the mech is not jumper or able to keep up. Then on the odds chance when these bugs are not affecting me I can enjoy ac 20 at range 600 doing 20 points of damage. ANY of you says the mech is broken has not piloted a spider. Try it some time and record your games for us to watch. I mean after all if it's so broke recording 20 or so matches in row should prove that. You should dominate 18 out 20 matches if what you say is true.

Edited by Wesxander, 08 October 2013 - 04:10 AM.

#14 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostDerrpy, on 07 October 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

dude it has 3 weapons, if your getting owned by a mech that can fit at most 1 ll and 2 ml you need to think about your life.

i will admit its broken but its hardly game breaking, more just irritating.

The problem is that the hitboxes are so borked that you can shoot a shutdown Spider with two AC20's and it will just power up and scoot away taking ZERO DAMAGE. Multiply that by 4 Spiders in a match and it is broken.

When we are having matches where a single Spider is Center Coring 6 Heavy/Assault mechs and taking almost zero damage through out the entire match there is an exploit that needs to be addressed.

#15 Nihtgenga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostWesxander, on 08 October 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

ANY of you says the mech is broken has not piloted a spider. Try it some time and record your games for us to watch. I mean after all if it's so broke recording 20 or so matches in row should prove that. You should dominate 18 out 20 matches if what you say is true.
I do from time to time, and yes, the effect is there. I've found myself taking chances against two assaults lately, which made me laugh afterwards (I "only" killed one of them). Surely not the way it should be. In another match, I was bugchasing an spider. Could put more than 90 dmg in the chest of that little thing without even getting near killing it. Surely not the way it should be.

Yes, of course, rewinds happen, even to spider pilots. But that does not invalidate the statements, that the spider chassis has remaining unwanted (perhaps not yet unintended, because they want to sell them soon) "damage sinks".

#16 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostWesxander, on 08 October 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

See a lot people saying how all- powerful the spider is hitboxes broken etc etc. It seems that you want mechs going 151kph to be easily killed. It seems that should be point click and do full damage. Here is what I encountered lately piloting a spider. I get rewound 6 times when I jump 5 mechs to distract. The rewind puts me from turning the corner around abuilding to right back in front of the mechs so they can shoot me each time = I die. I use my jump jets to evade enemy oh wait hit ledge while a new person targets me locking me in place for 5 seconds get shot to hell I again die. I get past hill or building and think finally safe. 3 seconds after the fact a large laser magically remove my leg through the hill or wall and no the mech is not jumper or able to keep up. Then on the odds chance when these bugs are not affecting me I can enjoy ac 20 at range 600 doing 20 points of damage. ANY of you says the mech is broken has not piloted a spider. Try it some time and record your games for us to watch. I mean after all if it's so broke recording 20 or so matches in row should prove that. You should dominate 18 out 20 matches if what you say is true.

#17 Bad Andy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

yes the hitboxes are bugged not completely broken, you will still die eventually but go compare it to other lights if you can't see how much harder it is to get killed...

#18 Wispsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostICEFANG13, on 08 October 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

Edited by Wispsy, 08 October 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#19 Javenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I am glad I am not the only one who gets angry when a Spider keeps running among 4-6 mechs, all focus firing on it and manages to survive for more than a minute. If that happened once I could attribute it to luck, skill, or lack of it. But when that happens several times with only this type of mech, something is seriously broken.

#20 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostJavenri, on 08 October 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

I am glad I am not the only one who gets angry when a Spider keeps running among 4-6 mechs, all focus firing on it and manages to survive for more than a minute. If that happened once I could attribute it to luck, skill, or lack of it. But when that happens several times with only this type of mech, something is seriously broken.

[Disclaimer] Yes I think spiders are broken to some degree. I have had my fun with them and suspect that soon ™ fun time will be over.

However:

I have been known to run not just Spiders, but Jenners and Ravens right through enemy formations of 4-12 mechs spraying laser fire as I go deliberately to distract/disrupt them. About 33% of the time I die in a huge fireball regardless of type of mech. But 66% of the time I get out with heavy damage only.

I've event tried this with my 100kph Yen Lo Wang. Thats has about a 50 50 success rate. The spider is borked but please there are some good or at least damn'd lucky Light pilots out there. And if you run into one of them they are gonna tear through your formation regardless of Mech. A watched open mouthed the other night as a Lancemate scored over 1300 damage in his jenner...
One day I wanna be that good ;) ion

But back on Topic. Yeah PGI is trolling the user base with this champion. No fair waving a Mech like this to the new players then disengaging its damage resistance. New spider pilots will think they suck far more than they really do when this is eventually fixed. And thats demoralising. Why demoralise your player base deliberately? Oh wait...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users