20 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

Got stuck? Fell through an invisible hole in the earth? Weapons passing through phantom objects? All Map Collision / Stuck / Fall Through World / Shoot through Object related posts go here! (Now including the Pebbles of Steel!)

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • The map affected.
  • The grid tile affected.
  • The Mech or weapon used to achieve the collision issue.
  • A screen capture.

#2 Sir Wolfenx

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

On the Map Crimson Strait
Using an SHD5M -Shadow Hawk.
My mech become stuck in a column the top of the last hole, on top of the overpass, closest to the tunnel.

Do not have exact quad as I rage quit.

#3 Voodoomancer

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Canyon Network
D3 / D4 / E4
Saw multiple mechs stuck (VTR, CPLT, RVN, +other)
Also hideous rubber-banding, conquest score stuck on 278 then suddenly updated to 630, captures not registering, fire not registering.

#4 Voodoomancer

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Oh, and I am FiOS with low ping always.

#5 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Tourmaline Desert
LCT-1V

Posted Image

#6 Ataboy

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

River city night. SS and description submitted.

#7 Jairn

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Canyon Network,

Not sure where it was at but this isn't a new thing for this patch. I think every time you have a decent sized boulder (not any higher than the foot of the mech though) and you come to a stop you cannot move over that small boulder.

This is annoying and is directly related to the angle/elevation rule introduced a while ago. The rule however should not apply to these small boulders that my mech can walk right over. However, these are continuously keeping my mech from moving if I come to a stop or standstill next to one and then try and move again. Of important note, these do not stop a mech if you are moving only if you came to a stop and tried to start up again.

In canyon this happened when I dropped down a canyon on accident and was at zero speed when I dropped (hadn't unlocked my instant-brake efficiency yet). What was annoying was that I was stuck between the canyon wall and this tiny boulder and could not move and promptly died from enemy fire. This also happened on River City Night right by the upper base where you spawn.

I get that 'boulders' are supposed to stop you but these are pebbles compared to my mech. These need to have the elevation effect removed from them and perhaps a special 'slow down or bump' effect added instead.

This reminds me of the rims of small craters in Tourmaline Desert that were supposed to be fixed but sometimes still cause this same issue.

I love the realism of the game but this is a game and gameplay > realism in this case.

p.s. I will try and get coordinates soon.

Thank you,
J

#8 KalebFenoir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Level: Crimson Strait
Map Coordinates: C4

Description: Under the two-level structure with the on/off ramp. I assume it's a dock or landing field of some kind.

What happened: My last match, running with my Locust, I dropped through the open section of the upper plate, down to the lower section, and then ran in to a recessed area in the ground level there. Upon entering, I discovered I could not run out, walk out, or ease my way out of this hole in any way. I was trapped in a rectangular depression in the ground. I could move around all I liked, but not leave this little area.

Steps to reproduce: Moments after I fell in, another Locust was chased in to this same spot. He/she experienced the same difficulties, and could not get out of this hole. Locusts are too short to manually climb out of this hole.

How it affected my gameplay/teamplay: Limited my movement, and made me easy target for a Thunderbolt on the upper plate. The other Locust was similarly affected when my team wiped them out. The Locust pilot seemed to recognize the fact that they couldn't get out, and so just stood there as my team destroyed them.

#9 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 15 October 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

• The map affected.
  • The grid tile affected.
  • The Mech or weapon used to achieve the collision issue.
  • A screen capture.

Map: Crimson Strait
Grid Tile: Both grid tiles with curving ramps leading up to the docks platform.
Mech Used: Jaegermech, Centurion, Spider, Blackjack
Screen Capture: My only screencap is from a Jaeger that got caught, I observed in my Highlander 733C. I had not mentioned it before because I thought others were aware of the potential issue, but since the latest patch I hadn't seen anyone get stuck like this and thought it had been resolved.

Posted Image

The mech in question was jittering in place and unable to extract himself. I presume that something with jumpjets could have gotten out, but... well, Jaegermech.

#10 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Canyon network: riverbanks are made from adamantium and have been since beginning. If one drops to river, you cannot get out of there specially in the "corner".

#11 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostKalebFenoir, on 17 October 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Level: Crimson Strait
Map Coordinates: C4

Description: Under the two-level structure with the on/off ramp. I assume it's a dock or landing field of some kind.

What happened: My last match, running with my Locust, I dropped through the open section of the upper plate, down to the lower section, and then ran in to a recessed area in the ground level there. Upon entering, I discovered I could not run out, walk out, or ease my way out of this hole in any way. I was trapped in a rectangular depression in the ground. I could move around all I liked, but not leave this little area.

Steps to reproduce: Moments after I fell in, another Locust was chased in to this same spot. He/she experienced the same difficulties, and could not get out of this hole. Locusts are too short to manually climb out of this hole.

How it affected my gameplay/teamplay: Limited my movement, and made me easy target for a Thunderbolt on the upper plate. The other Locust was similarly affected when my team wiped them out. The Locust pilot seemed to recognize the fact that they couldn't get out, and so just stood there as my team destroyed them.

Same effect, same place, with a Shadow Hawk.

#12 Padde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 123 posts
  • LocationFree Space

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

There seems to be a problem, when two mechs standing next to / walking along each other try to jump into the same direction, especially jumping up a hill/edge/ridge.

I witnissed an ocasion on Terra Therma, where two got stuck together till one of them "killed" the other. It was player Scrabb who killed the "Shadow Hawk" lying on the ground where they were stuck. After the "Shadow Hawk" died, the Thunderbold was free again...

Posted Image

On Crimson Strait I was stuck in my Jenner with another Jenner, when trying to jump from water to street near GAMMA.

Edited by Padde, 18 October 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#13 Brainslnside

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Terra Therma.

Got stuck between the mountain and the bridge parts near base. Could not turn the mech and it was shaking like if it was in a lagspike if I tried to move forward or backward.

Visual of the place on the map and on the battlegrid:

Posted Image

Mech stuck in this spot:

Posted Image

#14 Rooikat

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts
  • LocationIn the wild

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Stuck on Alpine Peaks

CDA-X5

Dropped down from top of mtn

5984,5 4908,5 1061,2

Posted Image

Edited by Rooikat, 19 October 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#15 Muffinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Map: Crimson Straits

Grid: intersection of d3,d4,e3,e4. Position was 1738.5, 1945.2 with Z fluctuating as I bounced way up and down into the air before falling through the map. I had just walked backwards off the platform onto the ramp near the point they meet at the top.

Mech: Battlemaster phoenix variant

Let me know if you need the screenshot dug out of my files

Edited by Muffinator, 19 October 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#16 OriginAlien

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

View PostSir Wolfenx, on 15 October 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

On the Map Crimson Strait
Using an SHD5M -Shadow Hawk.
My mech become stuck in a column the top of the last hole, on top of the overpass, closest to the tunnel.

Do not have exact quad as I rage quit.

Me 2 except in a battlemaster(p). At the top of the highway ramp that meets the top platform and merges together. Right before or at the convergence point i just got stuck

#17 chrx

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWhite Death Mercenary Company

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Frozen city. My raven got stuck between two rocks while trying to enter the upper cap ring. Also fell out of world after death.

Screenshot with coordinates: https://www.dropbox....eenShot0033.jpg

#18 Redshirt enraged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 128 posts
  • Locationhere / there / everywhere

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostOriginAlien, on 20 October 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

Me 2 except in a battlemaster(p). At the top of the highway ramp that meets the top platform and merges together. Right before or at the convergence point i just got stuck

Here the same on Crimson Strait in a BLR-1G(P) too,but after death fell to the ground. Sector was the crossline between D3,D4,E3,E4,i think.
Sorry no screenshot here,because i died to fast in that situation.

#19 ThermidorFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 224 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Terra Therma
I jumped on top of the Kappa drill point in Conquest, began fidgeting up and down and then slowly sank into the ground, my attempts at jump jetting away completely failed me!
ShadowHawk Phoenix Variant

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

He just got stuck, 10 minutes ago...
Posted Image

Edited by flipover, 25 October 2013 - 12:01 PM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users