Performance & Connectivity Feedback - 1.2.249

54 replies to this topic

#41 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

They fixed the servers. Stop reporting it :)

#42 kotya

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Odesa

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I have a situational config - waiting for upgrade video...
My videocard is just video signal output.
So after patch mechlab FPS dropped down.
Before, when I pluged it in, FPS was abt 15-20.
Now 8-10
Videocard is 6450 1Gb ddr3...

#43 Interviglium

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 15 October 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

[color=#959595]Low Framerate? Tell us about it here![/color]

[color=#959595]Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:[/color]
  • How had the patch generally affected your performance?
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes?
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location

Not sure if it's just been this patch - I only play on my laptop a few times through the year, but I can't remember getting big hits when using thermals.

Switching to Thermal on Frozen City during the heavy snowstorm, drops my frames from a playable 25-30 to 7-10.

Video settings are everything on low, resolution 1400x1050

Currently on a laptop with;
i5 3210m
8gb ram
GF660M 2gb dedicated.

Internet is supposed to be 1.5mbps up/256k down.

#44 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

Switching to Thermal on Frozen City during the heavy snowstorm, drops my frames from a playable 25-30 to 7-10.

Thermal/NV messing up framerates has happened to me ever since I started playing this game about 3 months ago. Happened with my old Core2Quad/GTX460-system, still happens on my new rig (i5 4670k, GTX660).

Frozen City is particularly bad. I'll get missions where my FPS drop into yellow and even red territory. Seems worst when there are a lot of Mechs around me.

I *think* this is also related to some kind of fog/smoke/haze GFX, since I also get this behaviour when I zoom in with advanced zoom and shoot an invisible wall just in front of me. FPS will go down dramatically as long as that "puff of smoke" is displayed on my screen. Same goes for zooming in on Mechs that are smoking due to damage.

I'm guessing this is so noticeable on Frozen City because the entire map is covered in haze/smoke. But the general principle stands on all the maps.

1. Many Mechs displayed around you
2. Haze/Smoke
3. Switching to Thermal

will seriously affect your framerate.. and advanced zoom will make it even worse.

S.

Edited by 1Sascha, 18 October 2013 - 01:16 AM.

#45 numbTriggerFinger

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Am i the only one having problems with missile lock on's? The times where I'm 100% sure (being right beside the mech NO ECM) cant lock on... its int the process of locking on... !@@#$%^&*()_
THIS IS SO DAMN ******* OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#46 numbTriggerFinger

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

I just got session lost while in the game twice in a row.. The servers are still crappy..

Oh btw... I DIDNT KNOW THAT WIND WAS ADDED IN THE LAST PATCH!! MY LOCUST GOES..............

LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT

while running straight... seriously, didnt see "wind" factor for movement mechanics in the patch notes.. Oh and lock on's dont work half the time, you'd need to cancel target and then target that same mech and hope for the other side of the 50% chance..

Bull {Scrap}..

#47 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

Plenty of 'Session Lost' issues.
Then, plenty of 'Network Error' messages when trying to reconnect.

Terrible rubber banding in game... .only saw it on rare occasion prior to this patch. Since patch, it's in every game, and often per game.

FPS has gone down by 25%, from an average of 50 FPS, to an average of 38 FPS.

Launcher now causing an extra 10 degrees of heat on my card. THIS I cannot understand why. Once in game, the 'ghost heat' goes DOWN 10 degrees... HOW can a Launcher beat up a card like this is beyond me.

Really time to get this stuff tweaked. I'm playing 2 other current titles, and MWO has the overall WORST performance of the 3 titles I'm playing, and by a huge margin to boot.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
System RAM: 8191 MB
CPU Name: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor
CPU Speeds: 3400
Physical CPUs: 1
Virtual CPUs: 4
Video Card Description: NVIDIA GeForce GT 545
VRAM: 1536 MB
Primary Display Resolution: 1280x1024
Multi-Monitor Desktop Resolution: 2560x1024
Microphone: True
Language: English (United States)
Free Hard Drive Space: 95783 MB
Total Hard Drive Space: 149898 MB

#48 John Branon

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

After a period of time where connectivity was relatively good, it's unplayable again today. Ping is jumping up to 500, 800 or even 1200 out of nowhere with really heavy rubberbanding. Hit registration is exceptionally bad as well, naturally.

EDIT: Today I lost a session, but didin't experience the above mentioned simptoms any more (aside from regular hit registration issues)

Edited by John Branon, 21 October 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#49 Foster Bondroff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Ping is unusuall high. Up to 200ms from an average 120ms.

And this time it doesnt seem to be the curious routing of the german TKom, as the tracert shows hops as usual.

#50 Alg86

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi!

Havent played for a while (like a week or so) - now I have major performance issues.
I used to play easily on max settings, now its unplayable even on lower...

Problem seems to be with the water and/or water effects - maps wothout water run perfectly.

AMD HD6850 with latest driver
i3 2120

#51 Caboosegg

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWigan, UK

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

since the patch every game i launch it get to the ready screen, then i lose connection to the server.
this is only since the patch.

#52 numbTriggerFinger

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:36 AM

I only seem to get "session lost" when I play my locust mech. Its happened way too many times (only when I play my locust).

Im just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this too. Could it be with a problem with the Ping and high speen of the locust?? This is frustrating. 7/10 games I play with the locust i get session time out.

Stupid.

#53 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 15 October 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?

FPS are good to me - did not play quite a time - no significant difference to my past experience.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?

Very High
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)

Between 30 and 60 with an average of around 40 to 45.
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])

Win7 x64
    AMD FX 8350
    ATI HD 6950 (Catalyst 13.11 beta 1)
    X-Fi Titanum (2.17.0009)
    GA990XA-UD3 (F14b)
    2x 4 GB DDR3-1600 Kingston Blue
    2x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3R
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic Location

VDSL50 - Germany/Europe
    Ping around 120 to 140
PS: And bcs i dont need to make an extra post for this:

I did NOT notice ANY texture BUG in the few matches i played, not even at the snow maps. I hope it will stay this way :)

After many more matches i do not have encountered any Texture Issue :)
I dont know if you PGI have fixed it or it was bcs i reinstalled Win7 x64 (was testing an USB Stick Installation) and MWO a few days b4 the last patch and some Magic occured.
Anyway very nice to got rid of the "Shadows of Mechhalla" blending over into our Gameworld.

I had a very long playing session (felt like 12 hours in a row) a few days ago and noticed a decreasing Performance over time regarding to the "loading time" of a match and especially "Heat Vision", also "Particle Effects" in normal view.

The loading got slower and slower and was finally a Dia-Show of the several stages of the intialization of the match.

The Matches played quite well in Normal View though, despite some Particle Effects (or the number of them) slowed the game down more than usuall, but "Heat Vision" took a Major Performance Hit and was down by 50% or more to red FPS numbers.
Also i encountered some "Ghost Moving" of my Mech as if it slipped out of my Control and was moved independendly for a few seconds, or being moved around by the Server having lost Sync trying to make my Client Display the Mech where the Server thinks it should be.

Sound still has not the same "Quality" as Months ago and i frequently seem to miss some of it.

Possible that the FPS are a tad smoother and have increased by 3 or so.

Not a single Crash, Hud-Bug, Texture-Bug, Animation Bug in a couple of hundred matches! Well done PGI :D

PS: And thx for my "Purple People Eater" (SHD-P):

PPS: But i see "Flying Arms" sometimes^^ (not only from Atlasses).

PPPS: Catalyst 13.11beta7 is running good and well.

Edited by Thorqemada, 29 October 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#54 OriginAlien

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

There seems to be a long delay in the ui. Lately when i upgrade or log in or come out of a match, i get this 10 - 20 second loading delay.

Is anyone else getting this and thinking its just the server taking its time to fetch your information?

Not sure if this is on your end or mine.

#55 Sam Slade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

I cannot even log in correctly now. I am playing on a very low spec computer by MWO standards but an av erage computer by 'casual gamer' standards. I have tried cnnecting from Brisbane(Australia) on a fibre optic line, Hong Kong Island(Hong Kong) on fibre optic and from Guangzhou(PRC) on ADSL.

Thus far I have gotten into a game once(from Guangzhou) and crashed out quickly. In all other attempts I have only managed to load the mech bay three times. I've tried to connect about 50+ times.

Computer is an i52410M@2.6, with a GT 525M. Until this patch I was able to log in and play at 15 to 26 FPS... after patch I cannot even connect correctly. Seriously.. what happened? Did you downgrade your servers?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users