If You Had One Battlemech....what Would Be Your Personal Touch?

84 replies to this topic

#41 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:36 AM

I couldn't pick out one

Though if i'm going forward in time I'm clearly rich so don't have to so my stable would be..

Victor in pink camo named Pink panther, with a picture of himself on the chest, and lots of kill marks.

Warhammer shades of grey, called head hunter, monogramme of a headless atlas on the arms and thighs

Battlemaster, the proper looking one not the sick version we see here, low vis paint job marked with tamar and lyran commonwealth markings

#42 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Omega, because nothing says world domination like 3 Gauss Rifles mounted on 150 ton monster.

If I had to pick something within the 20-100 ton area, I'd probably pick a Griffin. Very mobile and excellent at firing at targets at super long range. I'd have to cut the ammo/ton ratio down to increase the weight of each individual missile though. 8.3kg per missile wouldn't be the most frightening weapon in terms of explosive power. That new Russian Missile Launch Truck with 800kg missiles capable of shooting at 90km distance will not be impressed...

#43 Parliment

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 160 posts
  • LocationBehind you ...go ahead and look I dare you.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

King Crab KGC-001 with sweet paint like a bright gold finish oooooooo

#44 crossflip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSouth India

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

I'd want a hunchback with a massive boombox for a hunch, and only pulse lasers to fight with. ALL THE WUBS

#45 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

If I have to go with an IS Mech then I would go for a Marauder MAD-9S, of the reseen design. I would change the ERPPC's to CERPPC's and add in extra HS with the spare tonnage. The C.A.S.E. would also be placed within the left torso with the ammo. She would be painted red and bear the legend 'Scarlet Lady' along with a very NSFW picture along the left centre torso side. Inside I would have a small bedroom and a large supply of mead and munch as well as my music which would be linked to big external speakers. Finally I would have power ports and a high powered computer.

#46 robertmw1988

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

A Hatchetman-6D. A fast 45 tonner wielding a 3-Ton Hatchet. This model has ECM, an XL engine, and Endo-Steel chassis to pile in more speed and more jump jets.

Instead of a Hatchet, I would Be carrying around a Mech scale Baseball Bat, and a baseball uniform paintjob. I'll be swingin for your noggin, trying to hit a home run.

#47 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

I am not a fan of Melee Weapon on a Mech in TT. They rarely get to use the weapon. Everyone targets them and the Melee Weapon always seams to get destroyed first.

#48 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

Grand Dragon DRG-7K

Personal touch - painted in a nice Tow Service Yellow with black stripes or checkers. With a writing on the back:

- 24/7 demolition since 2754 -

555 - 7825693425

Edited by Jae Hyun Nakamura, 07 May 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#49 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

I'd stick with my MAD-3R Marauder. Served me well through the 3rd and 4th Succession Wars and well into the Clan Invasion before I switched to a captured Timber Wolf. Named her Rolling Thunder in honor of her dual PPCs and AC5.

My personal touch was flashing lights on the turbines behind the AC mount and a siren I'd use to get mech's attention so I could core their CT while my Strike and Fire lances attacked from the flanks. Almost lost her a few times but she's one tough mech.

For the Clans, I just shot them in the back. Zellbrigen was for chumps who hadn't learned fighting them on their terms was silly. They took the siren as an indication I meant to duel them 1 on 1. Big mistake.

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 07 May 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#50 freewindgriffin

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

the battle mech that I would want is the SRC-5C variant of the four-legged sirocco Assault mech.
my personal touch would be to add the jump jets from the SRC-6C variant of the Sirocco.

Edited by freewindgriffin, 10 May 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#51 SpartanOfValor

• PipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 81 posts
  • LocationThe 7th Seals mechbay

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

A Spartan-N1 with instead of 2 streak 2s a uac/10 withe the addition of JJs, + the Spartan emblem (from halo) on the right arm.

#52 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:05 AM

Reconfigured Hellbringer Prime in appropriate to the mission camouflage with standard insignias and markers of my Clan and unit. No excesses in interior or exterior, for they are just waste of resources and do not befit to Clan warrior.

#53 Zaprozhan

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:53 AM

Catapult K2 with my preferred "Nut Oven" build, 2ERPPC, 2LL. Black and gold with an Aztec theme, with stylized machatl on each arm.

Personal touch? Internal thermometer just to show how much my nuts are roasting.

#54 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 15 October 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

A chainsaw that comes out of my crotch

6:15

As for me I'll take whatever Coop's packing:

Edited by Vanguard319, 09 June 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#55 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

I would build small robots out of parts from salvaged mechs, and decorate my cockpit with them.

#56 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

View Posttheta123, on 16 October 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

Buffalo soldier blasting trough the speakers during battle? :ph34r:

"Buffalo soldier, fight for survival..."

#57 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

I would want an atlas with a Atlas painted full size on it- only a foot taller

#58 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

One mech, from a magic fairy?

I'm very tempted to get a Hellstar 3, as a Clan Wolf-in-Exile mech built as a campaign workhorse, that would be my ride of choice. I'll probably keep a stock Wolf paint job on it.
Spoiler

As for personal touches, I'd have a Commando stature in Doomguy colors sitting on my dash.
Spoiler

I'll have that statue along with an Aliens Motion Tracker, so that as my map updates during a mission, I'd get the familiar sonar pings playing with contacts appearing on the map.

Last thing would be have the computer sound like KITT from Knight Rider and have the cockpit have a KITT theme, and then meeting objectives and getting kills in a mission would have the theme tune blaring
Spoiler

#59 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

Quickdraw 4G with DRAGOON system http://gundam.wikia..../DRAGOON_system ( basically its 6 autonomous laser drones shooting down missiles and deflecting lasers)

Painted same way as the classic RX-78 Gundam please

#60 MCJomar

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

There are only two mechs that have got an amazingly good record with me. The Hunchback, and the Atlas.

So I'd take an Atlas DDC, STD360, 2 ML in ct. AC20, 2 LL in arms. and as many SRM6 in the LT as possible.
2 tons ammo for AC and 1 ton ammo for SRM6. Max armour, endo, DHS. If there's anything left over, more ammo please. Obviously don't forget ECM.

Personal touch?
I'd paint it in the colours used in Mechcommander Gold.

But if I'm stuck with TT, I'd downgrade that engine to the 300 (not much choice), and use the extra tonnage to get more armour/ammo, and an extra SRM6 launcher, and upgrade the LL to ERLL, with enough DHS to keep it running. Keep ECM for breaking up C3.

Edited by Stormtiger, 14 June 2014 - 04:29 AM.

27 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users