- - - - -

Confused About Faction Medallions..

37 replies to this topic

#1 Giant Bob

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationRoute 66

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

I bought the Overlord package offered by Project Phoenix. I don't understand the medallion concept. I went to the link put in today's Patch announcement, and see the same faction medallions as always, Davion, etc. Also, I'm currently a Lone Wolf, and don't expect to change that soon. Question: as a Lone Wolf, I should just leave medallions out of the picture at the present time, right? Thanks in advance. Edit: And isn't my forum post suppsed to ID me as "Overlord", as with "Founder"? I'm so confused.

Edited by Giant Bob, 15 October 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

I'd take one of each faction I'm likely to play for. Not terribly picky.

But it's in the announcement? Alright now I know where to find it.

#3 Gatheron

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOver the Top

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Yep,wheres my batch?

#4 Giant Bob

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationRoute 66

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Yes, it's this link: http://mwomercs.com/profile/medallions You were so fast my edit wasn't done in time for you to see it... does the Overlord include a forum tabard thingy like you have for Legendary Founder? Thanks again.

#5 Vilrein

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostGiant Bob, on 15 October 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Yes, it's this link: http://mwomercs.com/profile/medallions You were so fast my edit wasn't done in time for you to see it... does the Overlord include a forum tabard thingy like you have for Legendary Founder? Thanks again.

It's supposed to. The pack says you get a forum badge.

#6 StarGeezer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 304 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY, USA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

There's supposed to be the forum tabard whatchamacallit, but they either haven't implemented it yet or no one can figure out how to get at it.

#7 Gatheron

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOver the Top

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostGiant Bob, on 15 October 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

does the Overlord include a forum tabard thingy like you have for Legendary Founder?

It should, but there's nothing to choose from...

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

I picked my 4 medals. Liao, Kurita, Davion, and Rasalhague.

Liao, Kurita and Davion are all bordering each other, so when I want my discount I'll be switching sides.

The last one is the first to get 'absorbed' by a 'clan', and thus the most likely to get clan tech first.

#9 Trynn

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

The Forum Badge is delayed 2 weeks. The Medallions use the link others have posted [color="#b27204"]http://mwomercs.com/profile/medallions[/color]

#10 StarGeezer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostTrynn, on 15 October 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

The Forum Badge is delayed 2 weeks. The Medallions use the link others have posted [color=#b27204]http://mwomercs.com/profile/medallions[/color]

https://twitter.com/...223136303489024

#11 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

I grabbed a few Steiners, just because I don't want to have to swap them out every time.

#12 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Choices, choices, choices...
Funny though, I cannot access that page by going through my profile - just by clicking that link or by manually entering that URL...

#13 StarGeezer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

I just bookmarked the link. Assuming it doesn't get moved by their webmaster, it should be good. :)

#14 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostGiant Bob, on 15 October 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

I bought the Overlord package offered by Project Phoenix. I don't understand the medallion concept. I went to the link put in today's Patch announcement, and see the same faction medallions as always, Davion, etc. Also, I'm currently a Lone Wolf, and don't expect to change that soon. Question: as a Lone Wolf, I should just leave medallions out of the picture at the present time, right? Thanks in advance. Edit: And isn't my forum post suppsed to ID me as "Overlord", as with "Founder"? I'm so confused.

I don't think there is a time limit on them...so if you do not know what you want, don't pick anything.

The DEVs have said they stack as well...so if you get 4 Davion ones, it should be a 10% bonus instead of 2.5%.

#15 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 15 October 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

I don't think there is a time limit on them...so if you do not know what you want, don't pick anything.

The DEVs have said they stack as well...so if you get 4 Davion ones, it should be a 10% bonus instead of 2.5%.

Aah! Ta ta ta - slow down mister!

The medallions stack with the Loyalty pt boost from the Phoenix/Hero mechs, so you get 10% from the hero Locust (for example), then drive around with a Faction medallion on board (+2.5%) for a net total gain of 12.5% per match.

I don't think you can buy 4 House Kurita medallions (for example), put them in your Thunderbolt Hero, and come away with +20% (+10% for the mech, +2.5%*4=+10% for 4 Medallions) Loyalty points per match.

If this is NOT true, someone please confirm, because this will dramatically affect how I choose my 4 medallions!

#16 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostShahadet, on 15 October 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Aah! Ta ta ta - slow down mister!

The medallions stack with the Loyalty pt boost from the Phoenix/Hero mechs, so you get 10% from the hero Locust (for example), then drive around with a Faction medallion on board (+2.5%) for a net total gain of 12.5% per match.

I don't think you can buy 4 House Kurita medallions (for example), put them in your Thunderbolt Hero, and come away with +20% (+10% for the mech, +2.5%*4=+10% for 4 Medallions) Loyalty points per match.

If this is NOT true, someone please confirm, because this will dramatically affect how I choose my 4 medallions!

I think you are correct. Also, I think there is only one hanging slot so not like you could install more than one medallion in your mech, unless they add more slots.

I suspect they will add a slot for the medallions so you can the medallion plus your fuzzy dice etc.

#17 Vinny DuBonair

• Pip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Medallions are probably hanging items so you can only have one of them in any mech. The Devs did say that the loyalty bonus from the medallions would be added to the ones of the Phoenix/Hero mechs.

#18 Kennoir

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

Do i need to take the Davion Medaillion when I want some Davion Bonus? Has there been an clarification? Or do I get the Bonus for my faction, no matter what I play?

Edited by Kennoir, 15 October 2013 - 11:58 PM.

#19 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Wait... we get Overlord forum badges? I'd missed that bit.

#20 Gatheron

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOver the Top

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Looks like it wont take 2 weeks...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users