49 replies to this topic

#41 Xendojo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationThe Frequencies

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Dude......locust is not for fighting. That point is moot.

"If I was using it for scouting, I wouldn't have a ballistic. I presented a perfectly viable build. If we're going to compare apples and oranges (who the hell uses a Shadowhawk for scouting anyway?), then let's at least use a credible example."

Then why present something that nobody would use, as an argument? You said it yourself ^

Yeah lol, the PP locust is the worst, no argument there.

BUT, the others are just fine. Deal with it. I can deal with my founders mech having the crappiest bonus out of all the mechs with bonuses. You should be able to deal with one bad cockpit design.

EDIT: Again, the normal locust cockpit is fine. If you can't point yourself at whatever you want to look at...well then you can't. I have no trouble at all seeing whatever i want to see when i want to see it in a normal locust. And the normal locust cockpit is not negatively affecting my combat awareness at all

Edited by Xendojo, 16 October 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#42 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostGolrar, on 15 October 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

I think it would be worlds better if the external rollcage was removed. You have a double vertical post right in front of you that make it like you are staring down a tunnel. The limited visibilty is a hindrance, but I can see the point of everything being condensed because it is so small. No way would I fit in that cockpit IRL.

Yup, this is the issue. Not only that, but the glow off the bars is blinding on Frozen City. It's unplayable on that map on my machine.

#43 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 16 October 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

The Locust cockpit is also buggy as hell.

Picture 1:
Water comes through the cockpit glass and causes some kind of rendering problem, or whatever you computer types call it.

Picture 2:
2 different cockpits are overlapping - one is solid the other is wavy due to water graphics.

That's an error with all mechs that can submerge the cockpits on Crimson Straits. I reported that with my Jenner when it first came out.

#44 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Look

Cramped =/= obstructed view

you can have a cramped cockpit that we can actually SEE OUT OF!!!!

besides get rid of a few of those unneeded bars and we might get an extra ton or two!!!!

#45 SteelJaws

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 275 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

I like the Locust Cockpit, that said I think we are positioned in the wrong seat. IIRC the Locust was a double seater, we are currently in the rear seat, I think the pilots' seat is the forward one?

As to how small it is, I like it, the mech is ment to be cramped. The animations you see for the other mechs you see the pilot stretch out to turn on his mech, in the Locust its like sitting at a small desk.

I might be wrong on the two seater, but I do like it the way it is.

#46 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostSteelJaws, on 16 October 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

I like the Locust Cockpit, that said I think we are positioned in the wrong seat. IIRC the Locust was a double seater, we are currently in the rear seat, I think the pilots' seat is the forward one?

It certainly looks like it, but I guess they put us in the "upper seat" to avoid a horizontal bar right in front of our face.

#47 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Signed. The visual obstruction is just silly and unwarranted. Tone back the railings as many have suggested, plz.

#48 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostSteelJaws, on 16 October 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

As to how small it is, I like it, the mech is ment to be cramped. The animations you see for the other mechs you see the pilot stretch out to turn on his mech, in the Locust its like sitting at a small desk.

I might be wrong on the two seater, but I do like it the way it is.

the size isnt the issue.

Its the majorly obstructed view.

again
CRAMPED SHOULT NOT EQUAL OBSTRUCTED VIEW

#49 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

This is a topic where a "cool idea" (special geometry for the PP mechs) suddenly became "too cute" a change (adding too many bars to obstruct the view further) that actually affects people.

Edited by Deathlike, 16 October 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#50 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

Oddly enough I like the SH cockpit. Kinda reminds me of my JM-A with AC10s. I think it has to do with the feeling of being closer to the window, and you know you have a big gun to your left so you twist a lot. Haven't had a problem with the SH in that respect.

I think what makes the Locust so disturbing is it is like driving a car (reusing that analogy) where the front pillar is in a spot where you have to kind of shift your vision toward the side window to see around it to turn, or when you lean forward when looking for a place to park. It is distracting more than anything, and probably 95% instinctual. The Locust feels the same way to me. Just something to get used to.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users