26 replies to this topic

#1 MCXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 465 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

I have a reoccurring issue where my mechs just want to turn turn turn. It happens seemingly at higher load times on the network (I mean when people are playing MWO)

Maybe Dropped Packets? I dunno, this has been happenineg for awhille on and off but I got a good clip of it during a stream tonight.

You can see I take my hands off they keyboard (no longer pressing any buttons, and the mech just keeps turning. And ping the whole time? 30.

PGI network gurus, help me out here.

VIDEO CLIP

EDIT: Let me be more clear about the problem.

I will hit a key to turn. The mech will then turn but wont stop when I let go of the turn button. Sometimes the turn is delayed like I have bad ping, but I don't (always 30-31) I am not on wireless, I have a mega internet connection.

If anyone out there is familiar with MIDI it feels like there are end commands that might be getting dropped by the network.

Edited by MCXL, 15 October 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#2 Girth Fillmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 174 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

If you have a joystick or gamepad plugged in, unplug them.

#3 MCXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 465 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

I don't have those things.

#4 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationThe left armpit of the United states

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Happens to me to occasionally.

edit: I am fairly sure it is only happening on Logitec gaming keyboards. This did not happen before I got a Logitec to replace my failed Saitek keyboard.

Edited by BitMonger505, 15 October 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#5 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

MCXL what keyboard are you using?
my wireless logitech does this and its the keyboard, not the servers causing it

#6 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

Happens to me occasionally too. Microsoft keyboard. Seems to stop after a few seconds.

#7 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

Happens to me when pressing shift longer time to get armlock. Could be hardware? I use Logitech Illuminated.

#8 MCXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

I have a Cooler Master Quickfire TK and I have had it happen while running both in 6key rollover and nkey (different drivers basically)

I also had it happen on a wireless Logitech keyboard before this.

I think I might hook a gamepad up and run some tests with that turning wise to see if I get some similar problems. I am glad to know that this is an issue beyond me.

If it isn't internet related then it points to a very serious flaw in the game and how it interacts with human interface devices, and something that likely needs to be addressed and fixed post haste. This is the only game I have ever played where this happens.

Oh and yea, its on and off like Rocketdog says. I think the longest it's ever lasted was like 6-8 seconds. But it can happen multiple times in a row. The worst is when you just like tap A/D for maybe .5 seconds to course correct and end up running around in like a 180 degree turn.

#9 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationThe left armpit of the United states

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostMCXL, on 16 October 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

I have a Cooler Master Quickfire TK and I have had it happen while running both in 6key rollover and nkey (different drivers basically)

I also had it happen on a wireless Logitech keyboard before this.

I think I might hook a gamepad up and run some tests with that turning wise to see if I get some similar problems. I am glad to know that this is an issue beyond me.

If it isn't internet related then it points to a very serious flaw in the game and how it interacts with human interface devices, and something that likely needs to be addressed and fixed post haste. This is the only game I have ever played where this happens.

Oh and yea, its on and off like Rocketdog says. I think the longest it's ever lasted was like 6-8 seconds. But it can happen multiple times in a row. The worst is when you just like tap A/D for maybe .5 seconds to course correct and end up running around in like a 180 degree turn.

Actually with the way HID is implemented in the C++ libs it's really just a class that PGI would not even look at unless there is problem. I am more inclined to blame M$ than PGI on this one. Though I am sure PGI will be able to put a workaround in place using some sort of polling system which is,resource wise, more expensive than a simple interrupt system.In addition it is also considered bad form to use polling when you have interrupt available. But then again the Windows Vista kernel (this is the current kernel for win Vista,7, and 8) still has GOTO statements in it. Which should have died with Max Headroom in 1987.

#10 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

I've used to have this happen too... Logitech G510 and G700.
Getting Logitech's new software fixed the issue.

#11 MCXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

What new software?

Also I think the game needs to have a polling system since it supports analog turning anyway which is a polling system.

Edited by MCXL, 16 October 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#12 RedRover55

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

I have had this happen with my wired Microsoft keyboard once every couple of days. When I switched to a Logitech Universal (wifi) keyboard there was a mungo slowdown on the keypresses that were so bad the game was unplayable. The turning stops, either by itself or some combinations of the random keys (I am desperately pressing) in 10-30 sec.

#13 Codyak

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

I've got the blue-lit G15 and the latest software, I've never had this happen but that is pretty wild.

#14 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Just a thought, if this just came up post patch, try running the repair tool (sorry if this was already mentioned above)

http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/

that or check known issues.

Good luck with resolution.

#15 MCXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

This has been ongoing for a long time but I thought it might be due to a worse internet connection (I was on .8 mbps up 3mbps down before) or after I moved I was on wireless so potentially packet loss.

But since I am on my mongo internet connection now and am directly wired into it I figured it was time to bring it up. I think ive been having this problem for 6 months, or even more.

I just don't get why this is the only game where this happens if its the keyboard/windows drivers. Would I then have problems also in other shooters I play? And for that matter other Cryengine based games? Never had an issue with it on Crysis 1, 2 or 3 etc.

Edited by MCXL, 16 October 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#16 MCXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Well regardless running the repair tool now.

#17 Burning Chrome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Its MWO only as far as I can tell.

My KTO failed to stop despite multiple presses of X/Full Stop and wandered over a rise and continued on a straight line into 5 enemy mechs.

Had to roll with it until it would respond. Dropped a mincing ECMando and a poncing spider but was mauled by a T-bolt, Victor and Highlander down to 63% and several armorless locations before I could control direction and escape.

Not fun.

Didn't seem like any of the pilot tree items or modules were doing anything either.

Oh yeah, and then the screen freeze that killed me. Think the same might have happened to the ECMando right before he ate a the death-strike.

Yeah, good times.

#18 MCXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Maybe the screen freezes are related? Because this is the only game that has that happen to me as well.

#19 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Sometimes my Mech is locked in a turn and what helps me is to release and push the Direction Key (for the direction you turn in - NOT the opposite direction) again and again until it stops turning - usually 1 or 2 pushes and i have my Mech back.

Edited by Thorqemada, 16 October 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#20 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

For me, replacing the batteries in my wireless keyboard fixed the issue.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users