Play from 4.50, Brawling TDR-9SE works bloody well

#43 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Finished unlocking master on my shadowhawks and will start working on the Tbolt over the weekend.
Im thinking of running this build for the 5SS as a start.
TDR-5SS

#44 Adept Xaphal

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

Greetings, everyone! I have not run this build yet, though I think it might work, as a medium/short range sniper. It does not require a lot of modification from the original TDR-9S model you would get if you completed this weekend's challenge, as I am quite poor, C-bill wise. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...48d7ce5a1ddd65b

#45 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:19 AM

To all the folks talking about the XL engines..

I would just like to add, If you wan't an XL-engine, or really any engine for that matter.. Try looking at what mechs come with the engine you wan't.

A lot of people recommended the XL-280, or XL-300.. a Cataphract 3D, has an XL-280, and is a great mech. for the XL-300 there are many mechs that have that engine.. it is worth it to save a bit longer, and just buy a mech you might wan't to try and get then engine.. I wasted a bunch of money buying engines before i learned this trick.

an XL-275, all the 55 ton mediums have a version..

here is a linky for all mechs with the engines they come with.. As it is i am saving right now for an XL-300 mech.. I'm leaning towards the Cent D.. to try in my Thunderbolt, Fast hunter/flanker builds

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

View PostAdept Xaphal, on 22 April 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Greetings, everyone! I have not run this build yet, though I think it might work, as a medium/short range sniper. It does not require a lot of modification from the original TDR-9S model you would get if you completed this weekend's challenge, as I am quite poor, C-bill wise. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...48d7ce5a1ddd65b

I tired running thunderbolts with a STD 260, and it just felt to slow for me.. always was getting into trouble with it.. I put an XL-280 in, and with the extra room, i had much better fire power..

Do yourself a favor and grind out the money to buy a mech with an XL-280, or XL-300 may take a few weeks, but you will be glad you did.. : )

#46 Orteus Zenzala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts
  • LocationRouen

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:40 AM

fast, effective, hight mounted Large laser and good resistance i use this => TDR-5SSthe best way to kill you ennemie !

Edited by Orteus, 26 May 2014 - 04:41 AM.

#47 Radar Glitch

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...42ec626f038eb36

Here's the TDR-9SE I'm running. I don't normally run support mechs but with it's mobility this is an excellent one. I very often use all 7 tons of LRM ammo if I'm on an average to above average team. What it lacks in close up firepower is offset somewhat by the jump jets.

Edited by Radar Glitch, 28 May 2014 - 08:29 AM.

#48 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Suren it isnt the TDR with JJ's.. But this thing rocks

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...69a5daea9b66c2c

*edit, @ spheriod updated to reflect what the build really is, You can drop the tag and use that arm as a sheild arm, and then add another ton of LBX ammo, but i really like having tag with the amount of ECM around these days.. besides if ya loose the tag, no biggy, so it is sorta a working shield arm anyway

Edited by JC Daxion, 03 September 2014 - 10:51 PM.

#49 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:16 AM

@JC: You might want to proof check your build there. You have ammo for non-existent AMS. Also unnecessary CASE and zero back armor.

Edited by Spheroid, 31 May 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#50 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 31 May 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

@JC: You might want to proof check your build there. You have ammo for non-existent AMS. Also unnecessary CASE and zero back armor.

i don't bother to post my back armor, just total amounts but the others,, Oops.. Original post updated

Edited by JC Daxion, 03 September 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#51 RuneOfDeath

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

So i got one epic ranged thunderbolt 9s build here: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e38a94fc61daf52

Fire the PPCs in weapon group 1 (can fire them often, it runs cooler than you'd think), the gauss in weapon group 2 (watch the ammo) and the lasers in group 3 as backup if the enemy gets within range or if a light bugs you etc.
Any ideas to make it better/do you like it?

#52 Stellar Wayfarer

• PipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 20 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

A lot of people overlook those two ballistic hardpoints on the 5S and the 9S. They can make for some great sniper and brawler builds. For example, take a look at this 9S.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0bd381c32faad31

The PPC's are at a fantastic spot for sniping, while the AC/10 adds in extra firepower and a solid punch at closer ranges. You can also go for double AC/2's, but it runs a little hot.

#53 the darkness in all of us

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 53 posts
  • Locationてめぇの前だぜ

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

View Posttib3r, on 16 October 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

What I started to realize was the following about this mech: 1. It's an energy boat, as such its going to need a lot of heat sinks, and using endo steel ate up a lot of room in the mech that would be needed for those heat sinks. Running both an XL and the endo steel ate up EVEN more of that valuable space. 2. Using endo steel only gives you three tons with this thing, however, you actually free up more weight using the XL and still retain the majority of the slots with the mech allowing you to run those heat sinks. 3. I think while running an XL engine is risk, it almost seems as though the thunderbolt was made to make you take the chance with stuff like that.

View PostLennex, on 16 October 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

this is my fav TDR build so far. Love it http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bd34d61dd34ac9d its a bit toasty if you use the PPC when you should be using the pulses though.

Cool builds guys. You ever use the 9SE? I love the jump jets more than I miss that ballistic hardpoint.
If only the 9S had jump jets...

How about this?

View PostCalon, on 16 October 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I think you'd be served better by running some more like this; TDR-9SE Personally I think if you should remove the LLs and chuck in all MLs and a faster engine. TDR-9SE

Cool build but with no long range weps what do you do when all your targets are beyond 500M?

How about some LRMS & PPC?

#54 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

So, I dusted off the old 9S I got from the promo back in the day, and pulled out what I had in it. I'd gotten frustrated with it, so I stripped out the MLs and the AC5 I was using, and put in a bunch of flamers and MGs and a single ERPPC. Didn't even realize how close to stock the loadout was until I went to theorycraft some other stuff in smurfy. Also, flamer-boating Thunderbolt is kind of funny in a "why would anyone do something like this and how am I actually getting kills with it" kind of way.

#55 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

6MLs+Gauss and an XL300 or 5xML+Gauss and a STD295 is also entertaining.

#56 FireKiller87

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

I've been using this recently. I like raining death on people, so I made use of the missile racks.
TDR-5S

3x ML for close range defense and TAG for extra tracking power. But the real party poppers are the 2x ALRM15s. Yes, one of the 15s is let out in a 10 and 5. It hasn't made too much of a difference for me(I've been getting fairly consistent 400dmg games with this build and it's giving me good practice lining up direct trajectories for the missiles), but for those of you whom the multiple-salvo thing turns off:
TDR-5S

Removing the .5ton LRM ammo and downgrading to STD260 gives enough room to fit the ALRM20+10. As a bonus, the heat difference is negligible. I would personally find the 1sec reload difference a bit awkward to manage, however.

#57 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

STD 300, 3xERLL, 2xMG on the 9S.

Edited by Mizeur, 30 August 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#58 Grimbloodz

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

This is my build for my Thunderbolt TDR-5S

His name is Pendragon, and he always fights well. As long as u manage your heat (LRM grp 1, ERLL x 2 grp 2, and ML x 2 grp 3

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a308eed8dfee5d2

He aint the best, but i like him, not to mention the odd similarity between the Thunderbolt and the Clan Summoner (Thor)

I also use his left arm as a shield when i can, active defence works well in this game

Edited by Grimbloodz, 01 September 2014 - 06:10 PM.

#59 Khaze

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

I could never get the Thunderbolts to work in a satisfactory fashion. I mean they worked and I didn't have all too much trouble leveling them, but they always lacked that something, they always felt a little bit "off".

I am not sure if my saved Smurfy builds are up to date. Most of them were also built during the time when SRMs were simply not an option due to horrible hit-reg. It's entirely possible I modified them down the road and never updated the results, but these are my more successfull attempts:

TDR-5S
TDR-5SS
TDR-9SE

You can pretty safely ignore the armor distribution, as I almost never bother editing them in Smurfy. The ammo distribution is probably a bit off, too. The TDR-5SS is easily my most successful one, with 50 games at 1.63 W/L ratio and 2.48 K/D ratio.

I'm fairly sure I used a different build for the TDR-9SE before a rather long hiatus I had, and it didn't have SRMs, but that's the latest one.

#60 Rascally Jack

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

I like this summoner/thor type loadout, as the T-bolt can do it better in my opinion. You can sit back and peck or you can close and brawl because it takes a lot to overheat unless you are on Mordor. I have my 9S set up the same way but with a straight AC10 as I am too cheap to buy another lbx and the damage is about the same either way.
*edit* I have had no problems running XL engines in the Thunder-**** :D :D. You will get center cored as often with either style engine once you have mastered the mech. It does seem to get more agile. The build I posted above can work with an xl315 you just have less ammo based munitions but for ~4 kph *shrug* more ammo equals more damage.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5bdc7b837583d09

Edited by Rascally Jack, 03 September 2014 - 08:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users