[Request] Locust Armor Values Change

No replies to this topic

#1 GODzillaGSPB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

Did you notice: The armor values of the Locust changed on smufys after the release of the mech. They assumed the leg armor would be 20 per leg, instead it's now 16.

Well, I was surprised that PGI decided that each Locust already comes with Ferro Fibrous armor installed. I was also (kinda) surprised to find out they did not realize that the weight will not add up in the end. B) With the current armor weight values as they are, modified by FF, you can either:

1.) Max the armor, which will always leave a 0.15 weight gap (slightly different ingame); your Locust will never weight the full 20 tons. (Mine was 19.89t)

With the very small differences in engine weight down in the <200 rating and the need to always have 4 additional heatsinks in the chassis as well as gear that knows only 0.5t as the smallest possible amount of weight difference, the options are very limited here.

2.) Lower the armor value to 125. 125 will give you an almost rounded amount of armor tonnage (slightly different ingame).

Of course, having quite a bit less armor than possible on the Locust is not a nice option considering how fragile that mech is.

3.) Invest CBills and downgrade to standard armor.

The worst option, imho. This mech, no matter how much stuff you can possible put in there, will always have many, many crit slots left. I can think of no configuration that would ever need the room of more crit slots. FF is mandatory and it's a clear sign that PGI put it in all their Locusts as a standard.

What is also a clear sign of PGI not thinking things through though is that weight gap. They did not take a few minuted to calculate the values. Smurfys, with its 20 points of armor per leg, did. They chose what was the obvious and logical value, PGI then chose what...ever. :ph34r:

Plus...I really don't think that giving the locust that few points more armor would break the game. This is the most harmless mech in the game, c'mon. :unsure:

Edited by GODzillaGSPB, 17 October 2013 - 02:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users