Abandon The Idea Of The Crit-Seeking Weapon

4 replies to this topic

#1 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

If you load up on machine guns, you are pretty much just a target dummy until other players have crippled the enemy's mechs, at which point victory is assured anyway.

The whole idea of a low-damage, crit-seeking weapon needs to be tossed. I appreciate that they wanted to add an element of strategy, but it doesn't work in practice.

#2 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostFelio, on 17 October 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

If you load up on machine guns, you are pretty much just a target dummy until other players have crippled the enemy's mechs, at which point victory is assured anyway.

The whole idea of a low-damage, crit-seeking weapon needs to be tossed. I appreciate that they wanted to add an element of strategy, but it doesn't work in practice.

Actually, Machine Guns have the same DPS as a Small Laser. :unsure:

One of my favorite builds is a Jager DD with 6 machine guns. It's not uncommon for me to riddle up over 600pts of damage in a match with it.

Edited by Syllogy, 17 October 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#3 Trynn

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

I Agree, MG's have gone from crit seekers to legit DPS weapons. I have argued against it and still would like to see them nerfed, but if I cannot win, Join them.

#4 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostFelio, on 17 October 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Oh it work - i don't know about the Machine Gun - but in a TeamBattle - were it is possible to know the loadouts - one or two crit seaking weapons like the LBX are worth the afford.
For example a Dragon - open the rear of a Mech with PPC fire and use its LBX to blow things up.

If are MachineGuns are really that good - i have to make a test run on my BattleMaster - with 3 Machine Guns :unsure:

But I remember a battle in closed beta were i ran a Hunchback armed with 3 Machine Guns and 2 Flammers ripping two catapults into pieces

Edited by Karl Streiger, 17 October 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#5 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostTrynn, on 17 October 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

I Agree, MG's have gone from crit seekers to legit DPS weapons. I have argued against it and still would like to see them nerfed, but if I cannot win, Join them.

If they would program Flamers to "cook off" ammunition on enemy mechs (even if there is still armor on the component), I'd use those too. :unsure:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users