6 replies to this topic

#1 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

I have unlocked each Locust variant to Master, but yet (even after relogging several times), my Locust 3M, equipped with an XL190 engine, can only go at 153.9 kph instead of the supposed 169.3 kph.

I have unlocked all of the Locust variant's Mech Tree using GXP the day the of the last patch, and they all correctly show as Master (yellow).

Something's wrong...

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

I hope you're not testing the speed in the Training Grounds, as no mech efficiencies are applied there.

The mechlab doesn't inform you either.. you have to play in a real game to see if it is working.

Edited by Deathlike, 17 October 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#3 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 October 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

I hope you're not testing the speed in the Training Grounds, as no mech efficiencies are applied there.

The mechlab doesn't inform you either.. you have to play in a real game to see if it is working.

Uh... that was the case yeah,. I didn't know they didn't apply. It's nto written anywhere and it's pretty stupid!

I just dropped in a real game and it's just fine...

Why is it not working in Testing Grounds anyway?

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostTweaks, on 17 October 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Uh... that was the case yeah,. I didn't know they didn't apply. It's nto written anywhere and it's pretty stupid!

I just dropped in a real game and it's just fine...

Why is it not working in Testing Grounds anyway?

Let's just say, a lot of things are unfinished with this game.

#5 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 October 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Let's just say, a lot of things are unfinished with this game.

Actually I would have it said that it was odd a founder doesn't know that modules and efficient doesn't work in Training Grounds.. LOL..

OP: Written in the notes when they first released Testing Grounds ... I guess you missed that memo. :)

#6 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

It's probably because the information about your mech efficiencies are stored on the server and when you create a local game (Training Grounds) the client does not connect to the server to get that info. Sloppy programming if you ask me.

Fun fact: did you know you could use a CN9-AH in the testing grounds ? AC20 + 2xSSRM2 is pretty sweet! Ah the good ol' times of XML editing :-) You can even make SRM usefull again...

That's why any "video proof" taken from the Training Grounds can be faked: one could set the small laser to do 300 damage because all the config files are stored on your client.

Edited by Kmieciu, 17 October 2013 - 11:29 PM.

#7 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostShinVector, on 17 October 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Actually I would have it said that it was odd a founder doesn't know that modules and efficient doesn't work in Training Grounds.. LOL..

OP: Written in the notes when they first released Testing Grounds ... I guess you missed that memo. :)

A founders that wasn't playing when the Training Grounds came out and came back nearly 1 year after. The point is that it's not written anywhere that I could have seen when I came back, so how the hell could I have known?

It's not like I have read all the patch notes from the closed beta to when I came back (a little more than 1 month ago). It should be in the client somewhere, or maybe a tip message when you load the Training Grounds.

Edited by Tweaks, 18 October 2013 - 09:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users