BattleMechs

338 replies to this topic

#281 Fierce Ferret

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

I recended my original post. After the match other players told me that he was a DC'd spider and thus un-killable. Which is still BS, just not for hitbox reasons.

Edited by Myztk, 02 March 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#282 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:43 AM

I had a spider shutdown in front of my dual ac/2 blackjack the other day.

i started shooting his center torso.

he died.

My Spider has been getting hit with little problems during this tourney.

I assume you always have problems and are never able to hit spiders?

or you just come here and complain on the odd time you don't hit them?

#283 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:48 AM

I dunno what they did to the streaks lately, but they completely LOVE spiders now. I'm eating them alive with a streakhawk.

#284 ReXspec

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 502 posts
  • LocationOrem, Utah

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:59 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 17 October 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

Well, I see two people in that chat acting like petulant children rather than asking for a clarification to what he meant.

Anything you have to say after that image is fairly irrelevant.

A member of the community is bringing up a valid issue (albeit in a rather asinine manner) and suddenly it's that said member's responsibility to address that problem in a mature manner, when it is the devs job to give clarification on the problem in the first place?

Well, I see the white knights are still enjoying swimming in a pool of kool-aid and their own [redacted].

It takes two to tango, Roady. And while I agree that the OP could've been more mature, Garth could've been the bigger man and given clarification as opposed to shrugging off the problem that the OP was addressing.

That isn't unreasonable either, it's common sense.

Edited by ReXspec, 02 March 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#285 ReXspec

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 502 posts
  • LocationOrem, Utah

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:02 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 02 March 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

I dunno what they did to the streaks lately, but they completely LOVE spiders now. I'm eating them alive with a streakhawk.

Streaks are often the way to go against lights. : /

#286 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

Just to add a little more fuel to this... Enjoy:

Edited by Dimento Graven, 02 March 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#287 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

View PostMyztk, on 01 March 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

I recended my original post. After the match other players told me that he was a DC'd spider and thus un-killable. Which is still BS, just not for hitbox reasons.
FYI: Any DC'd mech is killable.

I don't know WHAT the other players were talking about.

#288 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

I go after lights often with my shadow. Spiders drop fast now.fastest kill is the locust then commando then spider then raven then jenner and last firestarter. Those firestarters are more like fighting a medium haha

#289 impar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 02 March 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

:video:

Yep, thats what I am getting too. Spiders are the only mechs with this "undocumented hidden armour value". The other lights, even Firestarter, are "hittable".

#290 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 02 March 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

:vidye:

That's probably some kind of HSR problem there. I haven't had too many issues with spiders as of late, other than them being tiny and hard to hit

Edited by Kaeb Odellas, 03 March 2014 - 02:22 AM.

#291 impar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:24 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 03 March 2014 - 02:22 AM, said:

That's probably some kind of HSR problem there.

I am seeing the same thing in my games and, if it is a HSR problem, it is a picky one since it only affects Spiders.

#292 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

View Postimpar, on 03 March 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

Yep, thats what I am getting too. Spiders are the only mechs with this "undocumented hidden armour value". The other lights, even Firestarter, are "hittable".

It must have something to do with how close he was sanding. I had the same thing happen but with a firestarter. I after legging I dual gauss the firestarter 3 times before it died. On the last shot I pulled back and it registered.Maybe the server is calculating the rounds going past both sides? Really he is standing in the middle of both guns you shouldnt be able to hit him.

#293 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

View Postimpar, on 03 March 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

I am seeing the same thing in my games and, if it is a HSR problem, it is a picky one since it only affects Spiders.
No, it doesn't just affect Spiders. It affects ALL light 'mechs.

It's just that in this specific instance, there is absolutely NO ambiguity to be argued about.

No, video hesitation to possibly hide important frames, not firing at a distance of hundreds of meters for potential 'invisible' terrain, or bad geometry to interfere. The Spider was darn near stationary (as it was legged) so HSR should have been in play very, very, very little, and on that note, pay attention, the lasers were hitting without issue, only the gauss had issue registering. I was not aiming at a 'thin' portion of the 'mech, but the broadest portion of it so, no "... you went between his legs, under his arm..." argument.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 03 March 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

It must have something to do with how close he was sanding. I had the same thing happen but with a firestarter. I after legging I dual gauss the firestarter 3 times before it died. On the last shot I pulled back and it registered.Maybe the server is calculating the rounds going past both sides? Really he is standing in the middle of both guns you shouldnt be able to hit him.
AND for those of you that may not have watched it all the way through, I went into MM shot the leg off a Spider, and got JUST AS CLOSE as I had in the first part of the vid, and killed it in ONE shot. So we know that "how close" I was, was probably not a factor either.

It's not just Spiders, though Spiders get the additional advantage of being so "narrow" that weapon convergence while firing at a moving Spider has issues. I don't know how many times I've fired weapons at a Spider only to have the shots pass on either side of it...

Edited by Dimento Graven, 03 March 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#294 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 03 March 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

So we know that "how close" I was, was probably not a factor either.

Probably is the key word because you have no idea. The server code is not the same as the training grounds. This is the reason they spider dropped without a problem.

What I have found is the closer you get to a mech the less likely you get a hit reg. Seeing I had the same thing happen to me but with a firestarter im guessing range has a lot to do with it.

On a side note I been trying all night to get a video showing one way or the other but very few run spiders anymore because they suck lol

Edited by Monkey Lover, 03 March 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#295 Fierce Ferret

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

Just wanted to add my two cents. Spiders are broken. BROKEN. it's not the other lights, it's only spiders. I'm not claiming to know the specifics of why they are broken, just they they are broken. I don't know the specifics because they simply don't matter at all. The only person that needs to know the specifics is the guy that fixes the problem.

Its been a long time now and I had expected it to change but it hasn't. This is a classic example of PGI knowing of an issue and intentionally ignoreing it. If it's something that just can't be fixed then spiders need to be removed from the game until they have the means to run them properly. Some one needs to start a REMOVE THE SPIDER FROM MWO forum.

I'm going to continue to encourage people to post here, I hope all of you do the same. Also, if you're still claiming there isn't a problem you need to take a good look around. When the whole world says you're wrong...you're probably wrong.

#296 Disapirro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 254 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

Myztk... you're wrong

#297 Phromethius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

Spiders still have issues because of general HSR problems. But the NUMBER ONE advantage they have is scale. They are simply too small. I continually call BS as to the difficulty rescaling of mechs. it is not hard at all. Even with all the custom camos to change.

#298 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

I submitted the video above to MWO Support.

This is the response I EVENTUALLY received:

FullMetalGC (MechWarrior® Online™)

Mar 06 16:42

Hello Dimento Graven,

The problem you have encountered is a known issue and we hope to have it fixed soon. We've added your information to the bug.

This ticket is now considered to be closed, however this does not mean that we consider the issue resolved as bugs are tracked in a separate database. You can reply to this mail if you have pertinent information to add and the ticket will be reopened. Thank you for contacting the MechWarrior® Online™ support.

Regards,
FullMetalGC
GameMaster
MechWarrior® Online™

Edited by Dimento Graven, 21 March 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#299 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

lol dimento, you never give up haha. Just run a different mech.

#300 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostFierostetz, on 21 March 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

lol dimento, you never give up haha. Just run a different mech.
I'm not sure how that would help...

34 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users