• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 October 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Why? Because you can't handle fighting decent opposition or playing the game the way it was supposed to be played?

And why? That pug is useless to them and he isn't going to enjoy getting torn to shreds in a fraction of a second, either. Lose-lose for both sides. Drop him altogether and voilá. He gets to fight on even terms and groups odn't have to put up with a useless baggage that may ruin their plan for them.

I.E. Pugs with a clear advantage over their opposition. The other side should get aimbots, wallhacks or something of that kind to make the fight fair. And their mechs should have some -X% penalties, since they can form meaningful lance compositions, while the normal pugs are stuck with an RNG deciding whether the team has a chance of working together or not.

I never say things like this but.... you sir, if you're serious about what you posted, are part of the problem with this game, community, and development as a whole. I really hope you were being sarcastic. That's all i'm saying on this and you can troll all you want but I won't be feeding you

#22 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostKunae, on 18 October 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

I wouldn't call them "lone wolves", as that implies something useful. They should be referred to as anti-social bads, who should stick to single-player games where they can use their cheat-codes.

That's a little harsh. I almost exclusively run alone (guess I'm not very likeable), but I have never once complained about getting stomped by a organized group in any game I have ever played.

#23 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 18 October 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

That's a little harsh. I almost exclusively run alone (guess I'm not very likeable), but I have never once complained about getting stomped by a organized group in any game I have ever played.

You're not one I am referring to, then.

I am talking about the people who whine incessantly about how "evil premades" are ruining this game, and that solo's should have their own queue. These are the people who should be beaten with multiple herrings, until they can never get the smell out.

Even if PGI caved to their idiocy, they would find that they'll still be stomped, same as today, simply by "solo" players who know how to play, and can get some minimal organization out of their random drop, using the same text and map commands as we have today.

#24 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostKunae, on 18 October 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

You're not one I am referring to, then.

I am talking about the people who whine incessantly about how "evil premades" are ruining this game, and that solo's should have their own queue. These are the people who should be beaten with multiple herrings, until they can never get the smell out.

Even if PGI caved to their idiocy, they would find that they'll still be stomped, same as today, simply by "solo" players who know how to play, and can get some minimal organization out of their random drop, using the same text and map commands as we have today.

Sadly, even if they get stomped in a solo queue they won't see it that way because they are the greatest player ever, and if they lose it is because someone else cheated. They are walking talking superiority complexes. It is everyone else that is doing it wrong.

Edited by WarHippy, 18 October 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#25 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

You say it so much nicer than I would Hippy :)

#26 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 October 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

You say it so much nicer than I would Hippy :)

I could add a angry face to make it seem meaner. :blink:

#27 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

3) Profit! :)

#28 Cosran Lombardi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

I originally posted this because it seems that ever since the announcement of merc corps we have seen and increase in 12 man groups. That is great in my opinion, but my 4 man lance, and 8 pugs get stomped on. The 12 man pre-made is probably always in voice communication with each other. even if it was a full 12 man against 3 premade 4 mans, the 12 man has the advantage still. if one group of people was to have, lets say 8, in voice chat, I think the game would not be so one sided. yes the 4 pugs would not be in voice comms, but it would be easier to coordinate them with the group plan. I also think it would help some smaller groups gain members by having the pugs to fill in.

#29 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

:) You do know that 12 mans are no allowed in PUG drops! they can try to sync drop but that is not as easy as it sounds.

#30 Cosran Lombardi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

I know that more often I see an entire team full of davion, steiner, etc. maybe they have better luck with the sync than we do. But it is more common than ever. And always ends up with a 12-2 or worse victory in their favor. Or we get those 8 spider, 3 jenner, and a raven group that waits 2 min before all running to cap.

#31 Cosran Lombardi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

To Clarify. Last night, 11 matches played. 2 matches had full Davion, and one match had full steiner. They were very coordinated, which leads me to believe they were in voice comm. one of the Davion groups was the light mech nightmare I referred to.

#32 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

So much hate in this thread... it HAS to lead to the dark side eventually.

#33 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostCosran, on 18 October 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

To Clarify. Last night, 11 matches played. 2 matches had full Davion, and one match had full steiner. They were very coordinated, which leads me to believe they were in voice comm. one of the Davion groups was the light mech nightmare I referred to.

Two very popular factions. Not impossible to have 12 of those factions in one drop. Sure there probably were some teams involved but I think you better get used to seeing factions dropping together, personally I am tired of dropping with factions my House is at war with!

#34 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostCosran, on 18 October 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

Not sure how many other groups have the same Issue about this but I am sure our group is not the only one. So many Times do we have 5-11 people come on to play together and we just can't. Trying to launch at the same time in 2-3 groups never works, or when it does we end up on opposing teams. Are there any plans on allowing groups between 4 and 12 players to launch together in the future?

Currently, the inability for groups between 5-11 players to play together is severely harming the community of this game.

Because of that restriction, fewer people are playing the game, which is exacerbating all kinds of other matchmaking issues.

Every day that the player restriction stays in place, MWO is losing players.

#35 Boris The Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

The game modes we have at the minute are just a place holder for CW, and we have some idea how it will work now. This should make things a bit better for medium sized groups.

IMHO Gameplay is probably as balanced now as it ever has been for solos and casual group players, and every suggestion I have seen so far gives more benefit to the large merc corps and houses and risks freezing new and casual players out of grouping. Eventually CW will entice the better players and large units out into more high risk-high reward game modes. I would avoid tinkering with group rules for the time being.

Edited by Boris The Spider, 18 October 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#36 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 October 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

And why? That pug is useless to them and he isn't going to enjoy getting torn to shreds in a fraction of a second, either. Lose-lose for both sides. Drop him altogether and voilá. He gets to fight on even terms and groups odn't have to put up with a useless baggage that may ruin their plan for them.

I like how you automatically assume that the pug would be a bad, useless player who is unwilling or unable to communicate or add anything to the team. If you truly feel this way why would you want to drop with 11 of them?

#37 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 October 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Two very popular factions. Not impossible to have 12 of those factions in one drop. Sure there probably were some teams involved but I think you better get used to seeing factions dropping together, personally I am tired of dropping with factions my House is at war with!

Just because you see me on a team with 8 other Davion's doesn't mean I was in a group with them it just means I was trying to fit in so I can try to pretend I have friends. :)

#38 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 18 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Sadly, even if they get stomped in a solo queue they won't see it that way because they are the greatest player ever, and if they lose it is because someone else cheated. They are walking talking superiority complexes. It is everyone else that is doing it wrong.

you forgot hacking

#39 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostDavers, on 18 October 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

I like how you automatically assume that the pug would be a bad, useless player who is unwilling or unable to communicate or add anything to the team. If you truly feel this way why would you want to drop with 11 of them?

He doesn't have to be "bad".

He doesn't have a reliable way of communicating with the rest of the team ans as such, he is automatically gimped against the rest of the group. Yes, he could theoretically work with the rest, but do you really think anyone would start typing out to him when a plan changes and they need to make a retreat, or that there would be someone who would always take the time to call out the target they are currently focusing on through chat in the heat of battle? Until one of them drops dead and has his hands free for the entire time, they won't... and chances are pretty high he's going to be the one dropping first.

I know splitting queues is "far-fetched", but since VoiP has been time and time again completely shut down by the developers, what other choice do you have to prevent this dumb "X people in the team are dumb sheep we have to live through" situation?

TS, Ventrillo, Mumble, etc. are all completely incompatible with the game, yet are required unless you want to end up as a walking target. That's really bad game design and for some completely unexplainable reason, PGI is hard set on not correcting it no matter how much would it help solve a plethora of issues.

#40 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

The answer is yes. there are some out here that would. It wouldn't be me. If it were I'd be back in the Mechbay before I was finished!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users