Current Stance On Light Hitboxes

3 replies to this topic

#1 Phenakist

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

This thread is purely to find out more information on the current damage issues for hitting lights, have there been any recent updates about ETA's on fixes or tweaks to make this more tolerable?

#2 Cactus In The Rear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

the hitbox issue that im aware of is that the spider has a seam in between its side torso hitboxes and their center torso counterparts its basically a black hole and anything that goes into it does nothing

#3 PEEFsmash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostPhenakist, on 18 October 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

This thread is purely to find out more information on the current damage issues for hitting lights, have there been any recent updates about ETA's on fixes or tweaks to make this more tolerable?

Yes.

When will your aim be improving?

#4 Clit Beastwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostXanilos, on 18 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

the hitbox issue that im aware of is that the spider has a seam in between its side torso hitboxes and their center torso counterparts its basically a black hole and anything that goes into it does nothing

Its a tiny square roughly in the bellybutton area. Thats the only *hitbox* issue. It's exacerbated by *global* hit reg issues. There are issues shooting everything, of every class - not just spiders, but everyone is focused on the spiders.

Not to be disrespectful of anyone whom can't hit them, but do remember that for a long time the spiders were considered the worst mechs in the game - those of us that learned to drive them back then got good at it. If you're having a hard time hitting them on the move, it might just be possible the person's a great pilot. Being hard to hit is our job. I've run my YLW and had AC20 hits not register, but its not a show stopped. Don't aim for CT, aim for legs. Leg hits register far more frequently than torso hits. If you want to de-limb lights, try a combo of LBX and pulse lasers. Additional tip: remember that just because you see an impact on your screen, that's rendered locally. The server actually makes the decision about the hit which may differ from what you see. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is with HSR. Before HSR you had to lead your targets, with HSR you have to trust the paper doll and not the screen animations (if there's a ping difference). According to my little handy spreadsheet I've been keeping, the lower the ping on a light, the easier it is to kill. Noticed the same thing - when my ping is stable 60-80, I die just fine. When my wife starts a netflix movie mid-match and I bounce up to 300 for a moment, well, I teleport all over the place.

To directly address your question, no, there has been nothing implemented to aim your weapons for you or slow down enemy mechs so you can hit them.

Edited by Fierostetz, 18 October 2013 - 10:22 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users