Pug Lobby On Teamspeak

8 replies to this topic

#1 Ronious

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

We have been given a Ready button. We could take the Lemon and make Lemonade.

With the minute we have to click the ready button we could we could use that time to form teams groups in TS. It could work something like this.
  • Create a PUG channel on a public MWO TS server
  • Pick up players could wait in the room while they start a MWO game.
  • Once the ready screen appears the player would announce to team the TS server they are on. Players on the same server could agree on a dropship and communicate in-game. You could also probably switch to another server in the time if it was bookmarked.

#2 Shockwave144

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostRonious, on 18 October 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

We have been given a Ready button. We could take the Lemon and make Lemonade.

With the minute we have to click the ready button we could we could use that time to form teams groups in TS. It could work something like this.
  • Create a PUG channel on a public MWO TS server
  • Pick up players could wait in the room while they start a MWO game.
  • Once the ready screen appears the player would announce to team the TS server they are on. Players on the same server could agree on a dropship and communicate in-game. You could also probably switch to another server in the time if it was bookmarked.

It's sad we have to take this route instead of putting this simple thing in the game.

#3 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

How about an actual in-game VOIP like every other AAA title has, instead of being force to use Jerry-rigged workarounds?

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

both are good and true statements

#5 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostShockwave144, on 18 October 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

It's sad we have to take this route instead of putting this simple thing in the game.

View PostBhael Fire, on 18 October 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

How about an actual in-game VOIP like every other AAA title has, instead of being force to use Jerry-rigged workarounds?

You mean like the "Enable C3" check box in the game settings?
Or simply downloading TS3 and going to one of the 3 large capacity servers that run 24/7?

Are you really so lazy that the extra step of launching the TS3 client and clicking on the NGNG/Comstar tab is so burdensome that you have to leave it up to the developer to do this for you?

#6 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 18 October 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Are you really so lazy that the extra step of launching the TS3 client and clicking on the NGNG/Comstar tab is so burdensome that you have to leave it up to the developer to do this for you?

Yes. It's a pain in the *** to wait for other players on TS (that's why I mostly play solo now).

#7 Ronious

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:09 AM

While we should have a lobby, but we don't, and doesn't appear to be on the horizon anytime soon. I agree with Bhael Fire that it can be too troublesome to get on TS (I've been mostly solo since 4 mans). My gaming sessions are always being interrupted by my real life. I don't to take the trouble to find a group only to tell my teammates five minutes later that a have to go help with my kids homework. A PUG Lobby could be a quick and dirty way to make a group. My guess is that once a group was established it would probably continue to drop as a group out of convenience. This could also potentially bend the rule of not having more than 4 people in a group. A four man could allow PUGs to join there channel for the match.

I know all of this would be a sloppy, duct tape way of doing things. I'm just thinking out loud.

#8 Shockwave144

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 18 October 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

You mean like the "Enable C3" check box in the game settings?
Or simply downloading TS3 and going to one of the 3 large capacity servers that run 24/7?

You have to know about the servers first, jerk.

Also, we have electric cars, robots, smartphones, creditcard size cameras yet it seems impossible for them to implement an in-game chat, which other companies have been doing for over 10 years. Yeah, and we're the lazy ones.

#9 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Counter strike 1.5 had basic talk and mute functions with-in game. That was almost 15 years ago. I don't think anyone is asking for high def sound quality, just basic voice input to and from other players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users