185 replies to this topic

#101 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostEcto Cooler, on 18 October 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

It wasn't difficult to figure out, but I am having a logical issue perhaps you could help me with?

Why are people who don't agree with PGI are still here on the forums and still complaining?

its lunch time and MWO has been a big part of that time for a very long time. the game went in a fubared direction.
i uninstalled the game but still enjoy BT and this is sadly the only game in town. I also like to watch houses burn and ships sink. just waiting for the ice burg to hit.

PGI forced 3pv on us because it would segregate the player base and be bad for the game, its the same reason the game only has 2 game modes. the population is too small to support team death match. hitting the 1,000,000 account mark is not a great feet once a player realizes you can have more then one account and get 25 million on top of a low ELO score for trolling new less skilled players.

so ice burg dead ahead......

Edited by Tombstoner, 05 November 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#102 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostTombstoner, on 05 November 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

its lunch time and MWO has been a lig part of that time for a very long time. the game went in a fubared direction.
i uninstalled the game but still enjoy BT and this is saddly the only game in town. I also like to watch houses burn and ships sink. just waiting for the ice burg to hit.

if PGI forced 3pv on us because it would segregate the player base and be bad for the game, its the same reason the game only has 2 game modes. the population is too small to support team death match. hitting the 1,000,000 account mark is not a great feet once a player realizes you can have more then one account and get 25 million on top of a low ELO score for trolling new less skilled players.

Moar Tears, in fact the Dark Day's of no hit detection and PPC mania are far behind us, the sun is soon to rise and PGI has no intentions of slowing down.

No one is perfect and neither is this game, but its far from the Doom and Gloom your spewing.

GG

#103 Ecto Cooler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

its lunch time and MWO has been a big part of that time for a very long time. the game went in a fubared direction.
i uninstalled the game but still enjoy BT and this is sadly the only game in town. I also like to watch houses burn and ships sink. just waiting for the ice burg to hit.

PGI forced 3pv on us because it would segregate the player base and be bad for the game, its the same reason the game only has 2 game modes. the population is too small to support team death match. hitting the 1,000,000 account mark is not a great feet once a player realizes you can have more then one account and get 25 million on top of a low ELO score for trolling new less skilled players.

You uninstalled the game and are still here, so you're just a troll. Honestly, who sits and reads forums waiting for a video game to fail? Sounds rather obsessive.

#104 Primez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostEcto Cooler, on 05 November 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

You uninstalled the game and are still here, so you're just a troll. Honestly, who sits and reads forums waiting for a video game to fail? Sounds rather obsessive.

Or he just followed you advice and uninstalled the game and keeps checking in regularly to see if it has improved. Like lots of players that do and then keep on waiting, hence the small playerbase. :/

#105 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostEcto Cooler, on 03 November 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

You are wrong. Price and value are relative terms. You haven't even been playing the game for two full weeks, how are you already out of mech bays? Or are you just preemptively complaining? The game is FREE if you want it to be. Get over yourself or find another game.

Are you suggesting that people spend money on games they don't think is worth the price? You're shopping with your own wallet for everyone. I've spent $300 on MW so far, am I part of the reason why the game is worse instead of better? If I was like you and refused to give them anything, would they have made the game worthy of your pennies?

You can choose not to play. I mean do you honestly think you're entitled to a Mechwarrior game? I'll bet one of the reasons the content is so expensive is to cover part of the expense of using the license (and content) to begin with. Hawken doesn't have to worry about details like that. Why don't you go play that? It's a direct F2P competitor.

I can't count how many AAA titles I've bought for $60 and barely have played. You want to talk about a waste of money, some of them have gotten less than an hour. I'm at 90 hours for MW:O so far, so I'd say I'm getting my money's worth.

If you can spend $60 and get way more hours from other games, go play those. The best thing is this game will always be FREE for you.

I have 5 mechs and soon by the end of week I will have to buy more mechs bays instead of buying something cool. As i said its not free if you want to play game the way its meant to be played so there for its freemium as some call it. So if you paid that much we should too, see that is the problem in this game you have to spend big or hit the door because I will never be able to own all mechs by putting 60$ in this game and that is not small amount. I want them to make a lot of money but really make it so i can play all content without being asked to put that much money in game.

There is not excuse for these prices they could sell cosmetics and exp/cbills boosts and still make enough money maybe even more since there would be more people playing. Every time they roll out premium mech I make one step away from game.
Well if you are making wrong decisions when buying game then that is your problem. I spent 10e on game and spend 3000h in played year of dota 2 until I made my first purchase and now I spent around 200e I didn't spend in big chunks like you do i did it small purchases but it adds up. Until they make some changes they won't see much money from guys like me and there are many. I'm here discussing this because its easier to pay subscription for mmorpgs then play this so called free to play.

#106 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

I don't see any good outcome to this thread.
People bitter yo!

#107 sokitumi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostTlords, on 29 October 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

I love this game. To me nothing is free. And the things I love, I'll pay more for!

I would too, except not hundreds upon hundreds, and esp not that for a woefully incomplete poorly manufactured product.

Perhaps they're waiting for the game to NOT fail at nearly every turn.

Edited by sokitumi, 05 November 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#108 Ecto Cooler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostPrimez, on 05 November 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Or he just followed you advice and uninstalled the game and keeps checking in regularly to see if it has improved. Like lots of players that do and then keep on waiting, hence the small playerbase. :/

If I keep checking in on the Titanic to see if the iceburg hit it yet, I don't think I'm really interested in seeing it improve.

View PostDiego Angelus, on 05 November 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

I have 5 mechs and soon by the end of week I will have to buy more mechs bays instead of buying something cool.
There is not excuse for these prices

Sounds like you've gotten a lot of playtime for free. The best part is you don't have to spend as much as I did, you can spend as much as you want. Is spending $1.50 on additional mechbays really too much to ask for how much you've played, and if you want to continue playing?

#109 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostEcto Cooler, on 05 November 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

If I keep checking in on the Titanic to see if the iceburg hit it yet, I don't think I'm really interested in seeing it improve.

Sounds like you've gotten a lot of playtime for free. The best part is you don't have to spend as much as I did, you can spend as much as you want. Is spending $1.50 on additional mechbays really too much to ask for how much you've played, and if you want to continue playing?

Well i manage my time well and i hope to play competently but it looks like they don't make game that will have that scene. Anyway Its not enough I don't want to buy only mech bays but they keep pulling my founds for other stuff by forcing me to buy mech bays see my point? I can't spend as much as I want its big or get lost.I said in post back that it will take me around 2000mc and more to but colours i want. So problem is I feel ripped off at every step and they are putting premium mechs in my face. I mean who doesn't want to own energy cat with JJ ? Well I'm not going to play that game of teasing more they do it chances are growing that I will stop buying mech bays and eventually leave game entirely. I hope it doesn't come to that but its not up to me.

#110 Ecto Cooler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 05 November 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Well i manage my time well and i hope to play competently but it looks like they don't make game that will have that scene. Anyway Its not enough I don't want to buy only mech bays but they keep pulling my founds for other stuff by forcing me to buy mech bays see my point? I can't spend as much as I want its big or get lost.I said in post back that it will take me around 2000mc and more to but colours i want. So problem is I feel ripped off at every step and they are putting premium mechs in my face. I mean who doesn't want to own energy cat with JJ ? Well I'm not going to play that game of teasing more they do it chances are growing that I will stop buying mech bays and eventually leave game entirely. I hope it doesn't come to that but its not up to me.

I'm going to buy The Jester today, maybe I'll name it Diego.

#111 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostEcto Cooler, on 05 November 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

I'm going to buy The Jester today, maybe I'll name it Diego.

Well I would find that cool, so do it if you want :)

#112 El Space Doctor

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

From my perspective, PGI is shooting themselves in the leg with the pricing. I have spent about 40 usd on this game so far, which I feel is quite a lot for a game that I feel is a glorified demo at the moment. So even though the fact that it's been a veeeeeeeery long time since any content was released ( and no, I don't count new mechs as content. They're just stuff you can spend money on but don't really change the gameplay one bit as they are all very similar variations of the very few viable weapons)

But even though I don't trust PGI's vision, I still quite enjoy the game. So I figured, why the hell not, I might just spend some money and get something new to grind on until some game modes that make sense are (hopefully) released. A hero mech or two maybe, just to avoid a bit of C-bill grind on the way to elite. But with those prices.. no, I don't really see it happening. If one heavier chassis costs as much as complete AAA title if you shop around, something is really wrong. If I could spend 30 USD to get a couple of mechs, a paint job and maybe some other trinkets, I probably would do it every now and then. But as it stands, I don't really cant justify spending anything. I remember when this free to play, micropayment nonsense came out, the micro payment part was emphasized. What's micro about most things costing about as much as an AAA title is beyond me. Micropayments would indeed be fine, if it was a choice between two cans of beer or a new mech for the evening, I could easily go for a mech quite often. But when it's pushing the limit of fun night out vs a new mech, yeah, I'll go out.

And I realize that a long living, constantly developed title needs to be fueled, but I do feel it's pretty weird to be asking prices that are way beyond anything normal people would consider paying for a full game, especially since they haven't even delivered anything close to a full game yet?!?!

#113 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostEl Space Doctor, on 05 November 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

From my perspective, PGI is shooting themselves in the leg with the pricing. I have spent about 40 usd on this game so far, which I feel is quite a lot for a game that I feel is a glorified demo at the moment. So even though the fact that it's been a veeeeeeeery long time since any content was released ( and no, I don't count new mechs as content. They're just stuff you can spend money on but don't really change the gameplay one bit as they are all very similar variations of the very few viable weapons)

But even though I don't trust PGI's vision, I still quite enjoy the game. So I figured, why the hell not, I might just spend some money and get something new to grind on until some game modes that make sense are (hopefully) released. A hero mech or two maybe, just to avoid a bit of C-bill grind on the way to elite. But with those prices.. no, I don't really see it happening. If one heavier chassis costs as much as complete AAA title if you shop around, something is really wrong. If I could spend 30 USD to get a couple of mechs, a paint job and maybe some other trinkets, I probably would do it every now and then. But as it stands, I don't really cant justify spending anything. I remember when this free to play, micropayment nonsense came out, the micro payment part was emphasized. What's micro about most things costing about as much as an AAA title is beyond me. Micropayments would indeed be fine, if it was a choice between two cans of beer or a new mech for the evening, I could easily go for a mech quite often. But when it's pushing the limit of fun night out vs a new mech, yeah, I'll go out.

And I realize that a long living, constantly developed title needs to be fueled, but I do feel it's pretty weird to be asking prices that are way beyond anything normal people would consider paying for a full game, especially since they haven't even delivered anything close to a full game yet?!?!

I have same perspective, maybe in US or smething like that 60$ is nothing but where I live that is no small amount, hell i lived with something like 45$ a week when i was on studies I even managed to go out to night clubs. But yes those prices are anything but micro :o

#114 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 05 November 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

. I want them to make a lot of money but really make it so "I" can play all content without being asked to put "ANY" money in game.

Fixed that for you.

View PostDiego Angelus, on 05 November 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

So problem is I feel ripped off at every step and they are putting premium mechs in my face. I mean who doesn't want to own energy cat with JJ ?
Do you feel the same when driving down the road? Other people with their nice cars. I mean who doesn't want to own a Corvette.

View PostDiego Angelus, on 05 November 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

I have same perspective, maybe in US or smething like that 60$ is nothing but where I live that is no small amount, hell i lived with something like 45$ a week when i was on studies I even managed to go out to night clubs. But yes those prices are anything but micro :o
Internet service, gaming computer, no money for games. Right?

#115 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

For me its a matter of how much content I can get for how much money im willing to give within a certain timeframe, as it stands I get a handful of colors and maybe a camo every few months and I still havent been able to justify a hero mech. (Especially as the one I was looking forward to, came out the door with a oversized CT and sub par hardpoints, im looking at you Protector). Lower prices would mean I could get more of the things I want, but would not cause me to spend more money overall on the game.

As it stands alot of the sales that appeal to me (colors/camos/heros) are directly compared against steam sales, though when income taxes roll around I might go big for something fancy. (Either a boss new game, or some fancy clan mech or....something.)

Current score: 5 for MWO (3 colors, 1 pattern, 1 standard mech)
6 for steam (mostly Fallout games,oblivion and FF7)

#116 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

It is the only BT game in town.... o wait MW....or is it CS, MW TF2. I cant tell what kind of game they are making.

I'm not trolling the forums in any way. I just point out the pointless nature of providing feed back. its like talking to our parents as teen agers. and we get from PGI... as long as your living in my house its my rules.

I would love it if the game was heading in a direction that looked like it would be a game i would want to play. game mechanics that make sense.... ghost heat and magic levels of accuracy at max range,come on.

when it comes to prices a commando is less then an atlas but the game is not supposed to be pay to win. all mech are supposed to be = to one an other. so what are you getting when price is baced on $.37 / ton. it should be a flat fee per mech

the game is going to evolve/cater too promote selling larger mechs.

#117 Ecto Cooler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostTombstoner, on 06 November 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

It is the only BT game in town.... o wait MW....or is it CS, MW TF2. I cant tell what kind of game they are making.

I'm not trolling the forums in any way. I just point out the pointless nature of providing feed back. its like talking to our parents as teen agers. and we get from PGI... as long as your living in my house its my rules.

I would love it if the game was heading in a direction that looked like it would be a game i would want to play. game mechanics that make sense.... ghost heat and magic levels of accuracy at max range,come on.

when it comes to prices a commando is less then an atlas but the game is not supposed to be pay to win. all mech are supposed to be = to one an other. so what are you getting when price is baced on $.37 / ton. it should be a flat fee per mech

the game is going to evolve/cater too promote selling larger mechs.

You sound like you might still be a teenager with the sense of entitlement you have. You assume they don't listen to feedback because they don't do what you want? It is their house and their rules ultimately. Support them with your wallet, or don't.

The MC cost has to do with the stock equipment and c-bill related cost. So by your logic, all mechs should share the same c-bill price as well? Raven for the same amount as an Atlas? Gee, I wonder why PGI doesn't listen to your feedback more...

#118 Fenris Krinkovich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWestfall, OK

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostIC Rafe, on 18 October 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

maxing out 2 favorite mechs without spending a cent: that takes a few months , during which you are playing very suboptimal due to modules etc. also that means you need to play 4 other mechs which you might not want to play. If i want to play a raven 3L, i dont want to be forced to level 2 other mechs which dont have any similarity to the 3L other than the looks and that they are lights. same for any mech

You were given two options: a hard way, and an easier way. You deliberately chose the hard way, and now you complain that it's the hard way. You can convert a LOT of XP for $7, and even working in retail I can make $7 in FAR, FAR LESS time than I can grind out another Elite. Either be glad that you CAN do it for free, AT ALL, or be ready for some harsh realities when you move out of the basement.

#119 Fenris Krinkovich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWestfall, OK

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostEl Space Doctor, on 05 November 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Micropayments would indeed be fine, if it was a choice between two cans of beer or a new mech for the evening, I could easily go for a mech quite often. But when it's pushing the limit of fun night out vs a new mech, yeah, I'll go out.

Two cans of beer lasts me about 30 minutes on a slow day, new mech lasts for months or years (we'll see how this all hashes out.) Terrible analogy.

#120 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostFenris Krinkovich, on 06 November 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

You were given two options: a hard way, and an easier way. You deliberately chose the hard way, and now you complain that it's the hard way. You can convert a LOT of XP for $7, and even working in retail I can make $7 in FAR, FAR LESS time than I can grind out another Elite. Either be glad that you CAN do it for free, AT ALL, or be ready for some harsh realities when you move out of the basement.

You are given hard way or pay a lot way. I'm not glad this game is free because to get all game changing content costs too much. You want best stalker then please get ready to dish out 6k MC. Its obvious that this game has problems that should be addressed.

39 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 39 guests, 0 anonymous users