185 replies to this topic

#121 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 07 November 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

You are given hard way or pay a lot way. I'm not glad this game is free because to get all game changing content costs too much. You want best stalker then please get ready to dish out 6k MC. Its obvious that this game has problems that should be addressed.

The game has problems. Lack of free content is not a problem. Just because all mechs are not available to free players does not make it unfair. Hero mechs are not pay to win. Just because you cannot collect all the mechs without spending MC on mechbays does not make it unfair.

No one is forcing you to pay. You can play the game as long as you like.

#122 Fenris Krinkovich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWestfall, OK

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 07 November 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

You are given hard way or pay a lot way. I'm not glad this game is free because to get all game changing content costs too much. You want best stalker then please get ready to dish out 6k MC. Its obvious that this game has problems that should be addressed.

You absolutely do not have to buy a hero or champion mech to have the best. It's DIFFERENT, but not necessarily the best. In fact, hero mechs are sometimes the WORST chassis (Pretty Baby is a pretty glaring example, or Fang & Flame). In fact, if you look at this thread, you can see that very few hero mechs are even considered viable at higher levels. Besides, the argument was regarding the amount of time it takes to grind out Elite on a given mech chassis, and how it forces you to buy, optimize, and play mechs that you don't want to. The answer to this is simple: just DON'T. Keep playing the mech you like, buy the stock models for the c-bills you got FOR FREE (not counting time, but if you insist on not spending money OR time then you're a spoiled child), use a few dollars worth of MC to convert Mech XP to GXP, and you are DONE. This is what is meant by a hard way, and an easier way. If you can't be bothered to pay seven bucks to avoid a huge amount of grind, that is YOUR PROBLEM, and YOUR CHOICE.

Edited by Fenris Krinkovich, 08 November 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#123 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostFenris Krinkovich, on 08 November 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

You absolutely do not have to buy a hero or champion mech to have the best. It's DIFFERENT, but not necessarily the best. In fact, hero mechs are sometimes the WORST chassis (Pretty Baby is a pretty glaring example, or Fang & Flame). In fact, if you look at this thread, you can see that very few hero mechs are even considered viable at higher levels. Besides, the argument was regarding the amount of time it takes to grind out Elite on a given mech chassis, and how it forces you to buy, optimize, and play mechs that you don't want to. The answer to this is simple: just DON'T. Keep playing the mech you like, buy the stock models for the c-bills you got FOR FREE (not counting time, but if you insist on not spending money OR time then you're a spoiled child), use a few dollars worth of MC to convert Mech XP to GXP, and you are DONE. This is what is meant by a hard way, and an easier way. If you can't be bothered to pay seven bucks to avoid a huge amount of grind, that is YOUR PROBLEM, and YOUR CHOICE.

I'm not insisting in not spending money just give free to play guys same game experience and we should see increase in player base. Also I want all players to have ability to pilot all variants so we can have 100% fair matches. So how is wanting game to improve make me spoiled child ?

#124 Ecto Cooler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 09 November 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

I'm not insisting in not spending money just give free to play guys same game experience and we should see increase in player base. Also I want all players to have ability to pilot all variants so we can have 100% fair matches. So how is wanting game to improve make me spoiled child ?

It's been said dozens of times now, but you get the same experience as everyone else. The only thing is the speed in which you get new content that is a variable. You keep mentioning Hero mechs being some absurd advantage for paying customers, but you have access to all the types of mechs and the majority of their variants.

What advantage does that give another player that you don't have?
How are you not getting the same experience as everyone else?

#125 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

just give free to play guys same game experience and we should see increase in player base.

Then why would anyone spend real money on a game if everything was free? Selling paints and camo will not provide enough cash to continue development.

Also I want all players to have ability to pilot all variants so we can have 100% fair matches.

Hero mechs are not OP. What you want is everything for free.

#126 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostGruinhardt, on 09 November 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

Then why would anyone spend real money on a game if everything was free? Selling paints and camo will not provide enough cash to continue development.

Hero mechs are not OP. What you want is everything for free.

It would be enough trust me since there would be a lot more people buying stuff and when people are happy they are more likely to spend. People that come to this game thinking its f2p are just not going to bother with this game. It will never attract people that are new to battletech especially when game is in half finished state and buggy as hell, and these prices are adding fuel to fire. Removing mech bay limit would be nice and leave everything else as it is is good start since new players are more likely to keep playing.

I want this game to be more popular but as i see you want this game to have ridiculously small playerbase.

#127 Fenris Krinkovich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWestfall, OK

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 09 November 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

It would be enough trust me since there would be a lot more people buying stuff and when people are happy they are more likely to spend. People that come to this game thinking its f2p are just not going to bother with this game. It will never attract people that are new to battletech especially when game is in half finished state and buggy as hell, and these prices are adding fuel to fire. Removing mech bay limit would be nice and leave everything else as it is is good start since new players are more likely to keep playing.

I want this game to be more popular but as i see you want this game to have ridiculously small playerbase.

Your argument is basically that if we give away free cheeseburgers, more people will buy Cokes. And while that may be technically true, it's still an impossible business model. The fact that you think this will work is astounding.

Edited by Fenris Krinkovich, 09 November 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#128 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostKAT Ayanami, on 18 October 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

You are so smart you are making my screen brighter!!!

Was it difficult to figure out that people that do not agree with PGI's prices will not buy PGI's merchandise?????

Its logical that people that bought Founders or Phoenix packages will be less likely to complaint since they already agreed with the terms and conditions of the purchase.
I've seen claims that the Founders are the most likely to complain (we certainly have been around long enough to have reason to :)).

#129 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

It would be enough trust me since there would be a lot more people buying stuff and when people are happy they are more likely to spend.

Do you have proof of this? Or is it wishful thinking.

It will never attract people that are new to battletech especially when game is in half finished state and buggy as hell,

The first true statement you have made.

Removing mech bay limit would be nice and leave everything else as it is is good start since new players are more likely to keep playing.

Removing the mech bay limit would mean players like you could continue to play, collect all mechs, and never spend a dime. Stop the "If I only had access to more content I would pay argument". No one is buying that ****.

View PostFenris Krinkovich, on 09 November 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

Your argument is basically that if we give away free cheeseburgers, more people will buy Cokes. And while that may be technically true, it's still an impossible business model. The fact that you think this will work is astounding.

He wants free cheeseburgers and free Cokes. Then someday when he is satisfied, he MIGHT pay for future meals.

Edited by Gruinhardt, 09 November 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#130 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

Want proof just look at games that did f2p model right Dota 2,LoL,TF2,Planetside 2. I feel like I talk to rock if you wanted to take money from every single player you don't make f2p game you make p2p. Players are also content and games needs a lot of them. Yes you want to give players as much as possible longer they play more attached to game they become therefor chance for spending money increases. As I said before I played Dota 2 for more then a year before I started to buy things even if I didn't spend friends that i brought to game did. Today i spend around 200e on Dota 2, now tell how was it mistake to let me play for that long ? I feel like you people don't get the concept behind F2P even if people don't pay they help game and community so its pays out by its self because cost to let them play is minimal and they give a lot in return.

#131 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by tvaughanx, 10 November 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#132 Ecto Cooler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 10 November 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

As I said before I played Dota 2 for more then a year before I started to buy things

How about you work for free for a full year and after that your boss will decide if he wants to pay you or not.

If everyone shared your mentality, your beloved Dota 2 would have been bankrupt and out of business before you had the chance to pay them anything.

#133 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostEcto Cooler, on 10 November 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

How about you work for free for a full year and after that your boss will decide if he wants to pay you or not.

If everyone shared your mentality, your beloved Dota 2 would have been bankrupt and out of business before you had the chance to pay them anything.

Nice to see that you still don't know how dota 2 operates even after all this talk. If they thought like you do Dota 2 would fail miserably. Then tell me why this game is not p2p ?

#134 Ecto Cooler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 10 November 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Nice to see that you still don't know how dota 2 operates even after all this talk. If they thought like you do Dota 2 would fail miserably. Then tell me why this game is not p2p ?

At one time you said that you've played Dota for 3k hours.

Let's take a lesser number and say you played 4 hours a day for an entire year. Then you paid them $200 because you like the game.

That's a whopping $0.13 per hour of gameplay. Your table scraps isn't keeping the servers running or paying them to keep adding content. But keep saying how you're a business expert of the F2P model and you know best.

Your whole argument is that you want everything for free (now) and because of that players will continue to play the game... and maybe, just maybe, spend money at some point.

#135 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostEcto Cooler, on 10 November 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

At one time you said that you've played Dota for 3k hours.

Let's take a lesser number and say you played 4 hours a day for an entire year. Then you paid them $200 because you like the game.

That's a whopping $0.13 per hour of gameplay. Your table scraps isn't keeping the servers running or paying them to keep adding content. But keep saying how you're a business expert of the F2P model and you know best.

Your whole argument is that you want everything for free (now) and because of that players will continue to play the game... and maybe, just maybe, spend money at some point.

I think you got confused a little but that is ok. My table scraps do just that its like giving subscription for wow and you say its not enough. By your logic dota 2 should fail by now but as you can see it didn't its actually making big profit. Its not my argument that is how f2p game work and that is why its important to have all kinds of people and let them enjoy game while offering items in store for every pocket. You still didn't answer me why this game isn't p2p and why they want those free to play guys on board ?

#136 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

This is still a topic?

#137 Fenris Krinkovich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWestfall, OK

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 10 November 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

if you wanted to take money from every single player you don't make f2p game you make p2p.

You can play EVERY MATCH, EVERY MAP, using almost EIGHTY MECHS, with loadouts that are competitive AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL, FOREVER, FOR FREE. Without spending a single PENNY. How you can define this as ANYTHING but free-to-play is simply an affront to logic and an exercise in greed. Congratulations on achieving the highest function of your kind: you have successfully wasted everyone else's time here. Well played, but good day.

Edited by Fenris Krinkovich, 10 November 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#138 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostFenris Krinkovich, on 10 November 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

You can play EVERY MATCH, EVERY MAP, using almost EIGHTY MECHS, with loadouts that are competitive AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL, FOREVER, FOR FREE. Without spending a single PENNY. How you can define this as ANYTHING but free-to-play is simply an affront to logic and an exercise in greed. Congratulations on achieving the highest function of your kind: you have successfully wasted everyone else's time here. Well played, but good day.

Yeah sure its so fun to play with 4 mech bays... its more like demo then F2P

#139 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 10 November 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

Yeah sure its so fun to play with 4 mech bays... its more like demo then F2P

News flash. PGI is not going to give you unlimited mech bays. They are not going to sell you Hero mechs for C-Bills. No matter how much you cry, through a tantrum, or say "but game X gives me this", it will not make a difference. You can either learn to accept this, play the game, or go away.

PS. Don't give that "what about the new player experience", you only care about yourself.

#140 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostGruinhardt, on 10 November 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

News flash. PGI is not going to give you unlimited mech bays. They are not going to sell you Hero mechs for C-Bills. No matter how much you cry, through a tantrum, or say "but game X gives me this", it will not make a difference. You can either learn to accept this, play the game, or go away.

PS. Don't give that "what about the new player experience", you only care about yourself.

Wow amazing you think you know me better then i know my self ?!?

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users